Edge: Pics of various cabin types from cabin crawl (Iconic Suite!!!)

fstuff1

3 hours ago, tartantiara said:

This is our deluxe O/V #9100 for our TA in November , photo pinched from somewhere else 

6095CEF0-3926-45CB-B3F5-563A99A7FEC0.jpeg

Hi Rosy & Dave!

I think you have made a great choice! We weren't impressed with the infinite veranda on our Edge cruise.  So should we book her again or her future sister ships, we'd go w/ forward facing OV, sunset veranda and, if Lady Luck would smile on us, a suite!

Barb

50 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Hi Rosy & Dave!

I think you have made a great choice! We weren't impressed with the infinite veranda on our Edge cruise.  So should we book her again or her future sister ships, we'd go w/ forward facing OV, sunset veranda and, if Lady Luck would smile on us, a suite!

Barb

Thanks Barb I think we have after reading about some of the other staterooms. It was all we could afford at time of booking but glad now especially for a TA when we might not use the balcony anyway. Hope you are both well x

22 hours ago, Maya_C said:

1201283827_CelebrityEdgevsoldM-classOV.jpg.37d423e9ce9ef19a2521119003397b8d.jpg

OV room on the Edge vs on an M-class ship (before dry dock). Judging by the blue of the small pillows, the Edge photo is not in black-and-white. The color scheme is so bland that the cabin resembles a hospital room. This comparison shows the value of warm colors. 

For us, the Edge colors were modern and neutral with splashes of color.  Posted pictures are nice but it is really hard to get the color scheme unless on the ship.  It does not come across as a hospital room or IKEA furnishings.  Again just my opinion after I sailed on Edge.  I'm sure others will disagree.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Maya_C said:

1201283827_CelebrityEdgevsoldM-classOV.jpg.37d423e9ce9ef19a2521119003397b8d.jpg

OV room on the Edge vs on an M-class ship (before dry dock). Judging by the blue of the small pillows, the Edge photo is not in black-and-white. The color scheme is so bland that the cabin resembles a hospital room. This comparison shows the value of warm colors. 

The photo on the right  looks like a old flea bag room in Vegas that turned yellow from  many years of  people smoking in it.  Or an old color photo that deteriorated thru the years.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

For us, the Edge colors were modern and neutral with splashes of color.  Posted pictures are nice but it is really hard to get the color scheme unless on the ship.  It does not come across as a hospital room or IKEA furnishings.  Again just my opinion after I sailed on Edge.  I'm sure others will disagree.  

I'm glad to learn that the reality is better than the photo! ~Maya

• Like 1

I decorate my home in grey/white/taupe...but spashes of yellow/blue pick up the colour scheme.  IMHO...this decor is not only boring, it's awful.  The cabin layouts, fake balcony, window balcony scheme are so small and constricted and the sofa, balcony chairs (when you have an actual balcony) look like stick furniture.  Except for the great space, the suite doesn't impress re furnishings, but I love the balcony decor/finishings/spa and the beautiful bathroom.  Once in an actual cabin I may feel differently, but honestly, right now, I'll stay with S class.  I agree the S/M class ships need a big makeover.  The 'revolution' will certainly clean up the cabins and give them a crisp appearance. The colours will be okay if they keep the layout and furniture and just update bedding/draperies/cushions/carpet, etc?  Does anyone know how far they'll go redesigning the S class cabins?

BTW...thanks to the OP for the photos, brought the Edge alive to me and not really in a good way.

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Do all sky suite 2 have bed facing the balcony / water ?

Yes, all S2's have beds that face the ocean with the bathroom mirror that becomes a window when the mirror is opened, as well as all mid-ship S1's (port and starboard). The aft S1's and S3's have beds against a side wall, facing the opposite wall (they both have bigger balconies). The bathrooms are similar, but set up a bit differently (no window/mirror that looks toward the ocean) and the closet space is is different areas in the various set ups. The dresser is not as long in the aft S1's as the other Sky Suites.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:35 AM, tartantiara said:

This is our deluxe O/V #9100 for our TA in November , photo pinched from somewhere else 

6095CEF0-3926-45CB-B3F5-563A99A7FEC0.jpeg

Very interesting balcony view.  Would love to hear your thoughts after sailing in this cabin in November. Have a great cruise!

13 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Very interesting balcony view.  Would love to hear your thoughts after sailing in this cabin in November. Have a great cruise!

Yes, I’m afraid it’s not a balcony but looks good anyway, I will come back on and share my thoughts on it 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, upwarduk said:

JUst wonder where you put all those cushions when you get into bed ( blue picture seems to have more). Are they really necessary?

Yes, I was just wondering about a solution since I never like to be around cushions and bed spreads others may have used. It’s usually an issue because of lack of space. This time, they are going in a big garbage bag and if the butler will not remove them, they can stay on the balcony. I hear there are quite a few more on Edge  than on the other ships. I’ll even furnish the big garbage bag. 

Edited by Fighterone

The rocker made a good pillow holder in the sky suites, before they took the rockers away. We used the couch was used in the IV. They are attractive,  but a few too many. 🙂

image.thumb.png.776678a9cf9748637f5ff6f3b4307586.png

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, Fighterone said:

I never like to be around cushions and bed spreads others may have used. 

What do you do about the mattress that others have "slept" on?  

2 hours ago, Fighterone said:

Here comes the “flaming”! The mattress is covered the cushions are NOT...

No flaming here. 😊

Pillows are soft surfaces and rarely get cleaned. 😳

I was surprised to see so many pillows in cabins on the Edge and agree with Marilyn, too many!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The rocker made a good pillow holder in the sky suites, before they took the rockers away. We used the couch was used in the IV. They are attractive,  but a few too many. 🙂

image.thumb.png.776678a9cf9748637f5ff6f3b4307586.png

Oh no....with the  big rockers gone...those pillows need new homes!  I  saw  one very nice  pillow  photo in  a current review ...a feather motif at Sunset Bar on Summit...will try and post it here!     Celeb is pillow crazy!

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1

See Summit Revolution post 951

MizDemeanor #951 Posted 4 hours ago

The feather embroidered pillows that they have on the chairs at the Sunset Bar I thought were nice ........

Can't  seem to copy the nice picture...sorry!

Edited by hcat

On 3/5/2019 at 9:00 AM, miched said:

The photo on the right  looks like a old flea bag room in Vegas that turned yellow from  many years of  people smoking in it.  Or an old color photo that deteriorated thru the years.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think the one on the right looks old and outdated next to the Edge cabin. 

Sailing on the Edge for our 60th April 21!  Had a lot of apprehension when it first came out, but really looking forward to it now....sounds like they've picked up on many of the earlier suggestions (trivia, music, etc.).  Son and dau-in-law joining us.  All of us very excited! 

On 3/4/2019 at 3:00 AM, cruisestitch said:

Correction to photograph number two. This is not a window that goes up and down. The top part is always open. Like a regular veranda. Also this room has a sliding glass door, which you can see in the photo

Cruisestitch, it looks like a very small regular balcony, is it truly that small?