Luggage Valet only 1/3 bags are in MIA

gerelmx

I just finished my Silhouette cruise, I purchase the luggage valet service  2  bags for me and 1 bag for my wife

My flight departs at 5:15PM from MIA and I’m concerned because only the bag of my wife do the check in. I checked it with the AA app and with one lady at the departure gate

Edited by gerelmx

After more research AA found my bags, the 2 bags are on my plane but are registered with another passenger,  one that has the same last name as me, lives in the same city and also was on the Silhouette cruise

This is an example of starting a thread too soon.   The luggage was on the plane although charged to a different passenger with the same name on the same voyage.    The title of the thread may make some passengers hesitant to use luggage valet because the OP lost bags.   This would be incorrect and misleading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

This is an example of starting a thread too soon.   The luggage was on the plane although charged to a different passenger with the same name on the same voyage.    The title of the thread may make some passengers hesitant to use luggage valet because the OP lost bags.   This would be incorrect and misleading.

I disagree. I want to know about errors like this. Obviously Luggage Valet or the airline screwed up! They should be checking first names as well as surnames. The OP obviously wasted valuable time trying to find his bags. IMO his Luggage Valet fee should be refunded.

• Like 3

Luggage valet is a great program and very convenient, but mistakes can happen. Many years ago (before email) I retrieved my mail at a school where I was teaching. There was a letter from a law firm that I was being sued by a dentist for failure to pay a dental bill. The problem was, the person being sued had the same first and last name as I. Luckily, I've always used my middle name on all legal and billing situations and it was straightened out after a bunch of red tape got cut. It can happen. Glad OP discovered the snafu before the bags went totally missing. It's always a good idea to cross those T's and dot those I's. It taught me to check the airline app. I've never thought to do that, but I will now.

When we have done luggage valet we received the baggage tags and our boarding passes the last night of the cruise.  We check the paperwork and names on the bagge claim checks to make sure they correct before putting the baggage tags on our luggage and setting it out to be picked up. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I totally agree.  Maybe the OP should have checked the baggage tags when they arrived the day before  to make sure the correct name on was them.

This is the same OP that started a thread about "ugly" people on the Silhouette.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, keesar said:

I totally agree.  Maybe the OP should have checked the baggage tags when they arrived the day before  to make sure the correct name on was them.

This is the same OP that started a thread about "ugly" people on the Silhouette.

Maybe the OP did exactly that. 

I guess you didn’t read the entire thread about “ugly” people. He was referring to their behavior. 

9 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Maybe the OP did exactly that. 

I guess you didn’t read the entire thread about “ugly” people. He was referring to their behavior. 

how could the do "exactly that", and have tags with the wrong name on them?? 

That would mean the OP, reviewed wrong tags, and the put them on their luggage.

• Like 1

OP said that AA had the bags assigned to a different name in their records.  Could be that there was a mix up when they were scanned into the system by someone along the way, not necessarily that the actual luggage tags were wrong.  If nothing else, it's a good reminder to check the status of your bags when that option is available so you can follow up.

English is not OP's first language so some consideration should be given for that before questioning motivations.

• Like 1

I just arrived home

1. The luggage tags and the boarding passes delivered by Celebrity to my cabin the last night   Were Ok, names and flight numbers

2 I noted the error at MIA airport when the mobile APP displayed as check in only my wife bag 

3, My 2 bags and my wife bag arrived to MTY airport with a different tags provided by Celebrity (AA tags) and mine with the name Rogelio E...... instead of Gerardo E..... and with a different AA booking. My wife bag arrived with the correct name and booking number 

OP... I’m glad everything worked out. Sorry you had those moments of worry. Luggage valet is generally very convenient. Unfortunately, mistakes happen.

Hope you and your wife had a wonderful cruise.

Edited by QueensChick

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I just arrived home

1. The luggage tags and the boarding passes delivered by Celebrity to my cabin the last night   Were Ok, names and flight numbers

2 I noted the error at MIA airport when the mobile APP displayed as check in only my wife bag 

3, My 2 bags and my wife bag arrived to MTY airport with a different tags provided by Celebrity (AA tags) and mine with the name Rogelio E...... instead of Gerardo E..... and with a different AA booking. My wife bag arrived with the correct name and booking number 

Sounds like this whole thing was caused by an error on the part of AA, not X or Luggage Valet. Glad you got your bags and it all worked out. 

• Like 3

I had something similar when checking in curbside with JetBlue a couple of years ago.  It turned out my bags went to PVD and it took a few days for them to find them and get them back to me.  I remember another couple checking in at the same time saying they were going to PVD.   Baggage Handler just put the wrong tags on the wrong bags.

19 hours ago, gerelmx said:

After more research AA found my bags, the 2 bags are on my plane but are registered with another passenger,  one that has the same last name as me, lives in the same city and also was on the Silhouette cruise

What are the odds of that!  Glad everything worked out. You should receive you luggage Valet fee back for the inconvenience tho

• Like 1

I didn't know you could track your bags with luggage valet.  We only used it once, our last Equinox cruise out of Miami.  We travel carryon only but decided to check our rollaboards going home.  When we got to JAX, only my sister's bag came off the belt.  Looking around, I spotted my bag in an office to the side:  it had arrived on an earlier flight.  EM

I just call X, they will investigate what happen, they apologize for the error and without asking for the refund they will refund me the $25 charge from Celebrity service not the AA baggage charges.

Final comment I was lucky that the last name namesake was in the same flight, if not the bags will be in other city/country

😀

47 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I didn't know you could track your bags with luggage valet.  We only used it once, our last Equinox cruise out of Miami.  We travel carryon only but decided to check our rollaboards going home.  When we got to JAX, only my sister's bag came off the belt.  Looking around, I spotted my bag in an office to the side:  it had arrived on an earlier flight.  EM

I believe OP posted they tracked their bags through the AA app, not through Luggage Valet. 

• Like 1

Interesting since you have to put your tags on and list your name and address on the tag.  Surprised it got mixed up.  We used it in Ft. Lauderdale and it was awesome.  Best part was we didn’t have to pay for overweight luggage when you use the Valet!

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Celebrity prints you a full page, first half of the page is the flight details together  with the number of you baggage tags,

second half of the page is the boarding pass. If you have the mobile APP of the airline (my case AA) you can track the bags with you booking number. In the counter they can track with more options.

18 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Celebrity prints you a full page, first half of the page is the flight details together  with the number of you baggage tags,

second half of the page is the boarding pass. If you have the mobile APP of the airline (my case AA) you can track the bags with you booking number. In the counter they can track with more options.

Yes, I love that AA feature.  I use it all the time and it is very accurate from my experience.

it was very smart of you to check it at the airport to confirm the location of your luggage after AA received the luggage.

You said earlier that Celebrity removed your tags and applied tags with the other person’s name.  Based on my experience that is not how the process works, but it will be interesting to see what you find out.  I do not believe Celebrity does anything further with the tags.  I suspect the person that puts the actual AA tags on the bags at the airport(with the priority tags if appropriate) is the subcontractor or AA.  I still do not understand how this can possible happen unless AA just printed the wrong name on their tags.

You are very fortunate that it worked out.  So glad to hear Celebrity refunded your luggage valet fee without you asking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Didn't realize I could do that, either....and I was flying American...  EM

That's the nice thing about Cruise Critic, no matter how much you travel you pick up new things all the time if you're paying attention.☺️

• Like 2