WOW! Izumi $62.50 pp before discount

Looking at the cruise planner for Anthem Aug. 29 sail and Izumi is $49.99 pp inclusive of a 20% discount.  Crazy, I can get a better meal at my local Japanese Hibachi restaurant.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Looking at the cruise planner for Anthem Aug. 29 sail and Izumi is $49.99 pp inclusive of a 20% discount.  Crazy, I can get a better meal at my local Japanese Hibachi restaurant.

Umm ok....maybe we won’t be going to Izumi.

The speciality restaurants have gotten high.

A few cruises ago we were able to get a FNDR (First night done right) for $20 pp that we transferred to 150 Central Park. That turned out to be a better deal than the C&A BOGO benefit. 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

We do Izumi on sailings and do the 'a la carte sushi' ordering and it NEVER gets anywhere close to that.  

We will be on the Aug 29th Anthem sailing.....are you considering it?

This is why we refuse to do ANY specialty restaurants onboard.  I could go to a local steak, Italian, or sushi place anytime I wanted so why pay for it when we're on vacation?  We've had great food in the main dining room...even on a 10+ night cruise!  Why pay for food when it's free?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

Even with a discount a hundred bucks for mediocre sushi? No thanks 

Especially when you've already paid for a meal in the MDR.  So many people seem to ignore that fact when considering the price of a specialty restaurant.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Symphony in January and went to most of the speciality restaurants.Use to always enjoy the food and service.    Going forward, will pass on any future reservations to these restaurants.  We were  disappointed in all of them this trip, some more than others. .  I will stick to the MDR , and CK if in a suite.Also if you go up to windjammer early while the food is fresh and hot, there is always something to eat.  The food, for the prices now showing is disappointing and the  prices are a bit out of touch, for small menus offered.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Especially when you've already paid for a meal in the MDR.  So many people seem to ignore that fact when considering the price of a specialty restaurant.

No, that thought crosses my mind regularly when I see/hear people buying all of these specialty dinner restaurants.  To each their own...

3 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Even with a discount a hundred bucks for mediocre sushi? No thanks 

I love Izumi Hibachi. 

And it can be cheaper locally

I'm onboard to have fun

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, nelblu said:

Still "only" $49.99 on June 6.  😉  

4 hours ago, tonyweir said:

Get the dining package. 3 rsturarants for the price of 2. You get a credit at Izumi as it's a la carte.  We did this March 1 on Navigator. Izumi was quite good. As as Chops.  Jamie's was just OK.

That would be the way to go if you planned on eating in 3 restaurant. I'm not sure how much $35 buys you at Izumi.

1 hour ago, Sizzlechest said:

Lighting a cigar with a $100 bill is fun, but I wouldn't call it smart.

What ever floats your boat.

What exactly is fun about that?

Edited by John&LaLa

12 hours ago, Andy C said:

It really is highway robbery.  The place sucks.  Save your money.  Went on Harmony and never again.  

Went on Allure for Hibachi - included in the 3 night package at the time.  They chopped up some decent filet and lobster and fried it up nice and dry until there was no flavor left.  Wouldn't bother going back if it was free.  And not entertained by having pieces of food thrown at us being told to catch it in our mouths.  I guess we just don't get it.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I love Izumi Hibachi. 

And it can be cheaper locally

I'm onboard to have fun

We also are on board to have fun and enjoy what we enjoy.  We are not Hibachi dinner eaters at Izumi....we prefer the sushi.  We have NEVER spent more than $50, including tip, on sushi for the two of us on a sailing....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Well, anyone using specialty restaurants is well aware there is food available in MDR.  They aren't "ignoring that fact", just choosing better food in a better atmosphere because they can afford it.  If it was just about money I guess at home we'd all go to Applebee's and not enjoy a nicer meal at a local restaurant either........

We used to do dinner at MDR almost every night. but haven't for 5 years and probably never will again.  Got burned out on the routine, atmosphere and mediocre food.  Now we buy 3 night specialty packages when on sale and do Windjammer most other nights. 

• Like 2