Jamie's Restaurant chain facing collapse

2 hours ago, sxphil said:

"Jamie Oliver Holdings, which operates Jamie Oliver Limited and Jamie Oliver Licensing Limited, as well as the international restaurant franchise business, Jamie's Italian International Limited, will continue to trade as normal."

No change for RCI ships then

No change expected, the licensing arrangement will likely continue.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Which did you like better?  I like the food at Giovanni's....but thought the set up and service was better at Portofinos.  

When they initially re-branded the restaurant from Portofino to Giovanni, they kept ~80% of the old Portofino menu intact. They started evolving the menu towards the Jamie's menu when they first introduced Jamie's Italian. The last time we were in Giovanni's on Oasis, it was ~60% Jamie's and ~40% Giovanni's with almost none of the old Portofino menu. The old Portofino menu or the original Giovanni's menu were both very good choices.

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I think this presents an opportunity to move away from co-branding with land based restaurants.  I doubt they would move back to Giovanni's simply because they would want to come up with something newer/innovative.  

The current "trend" seems to be with dinners where the guests are involved in some of the prep and learning about their food.  Perhaps "timed" dinner sessions served family style where people prepare pastas and side dishes in a semi-kitchen environment where the "mains" are prepared by chefs.  A unique, immersive, fun experience that I think lends itself well to Italian cooking and its many varies

What you are describing was a dinner event we went to on Majesty years ago.  It was a bit pricey, but fun.  Each course was explained to us by the chef and the wine that went with it and why. Wine flowed quite freely and was included in the price. Patrons did not prep the food but lots of it was actually done in front of you....which was quite fun to see.  

4 hours ago, sxphil said:

"Jamie Oliver Holdings, which operates Jamie Oliver Limited and Jamie Oliver Licensing Limited, as well as the international restaurant franchise business, Jamie's Italian International Limited, will continue to trade as normal."

No change for RCI ships then

Good! DH and I really enjoy Jamie’s on Royal ships (more than the other Italian Cuisine venues.)

I like some of the foods from Giovanni's and some from Jamie's.  At Jamie's, I thought the plank was great and loved the pasta with truffle cream sauce.

At Giovanni's I like the filet better than the ones in Chops.  I also liked the pasta with Bolognese sauce.

I, also, used to love Portofino with the seafood speidini.(sp)  On Harmony in January we had excellent service and our waitress brought us things she felt we "needed" even when we didn't order them.  That 's how I tried the plank.  

We are going on Allure next month and am sure the service and food in Giovanni's will be great as always.   When we go on Harmony in January, I hope Jamie's will still be there so I can get the pasta again.

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Has anyone ever had a meal in one of the land based restaurants?  I was wondering how they compare to the ships restaurant?

Visited twice here in our home town of Manchester, UK. very disappointed on both occasions, 1 when pasta was burnt!

• Like 1

Very interesting that on the day it is announced that Jamie's Italian has collapsed, the details of Oasis's amplification states that Giovanni's table is staying when we all thought it would be converted to Jamie's.

3 hours ago, Pratique said:

No change expected, the licensing arrangement will likely continue.

Supporting that position (although not necessarily applicable to a foreign proceeding), the US Supreme Court yesterday issued a ruling that a licensor cannot terminate the use of a license by attempting to reject it through the bankruptcy process.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Very interesting that on the day it is announced that Jamie's Italian has collapsed, the details of Oasis's amplification states that Giovanni's table is staying when we all thought it would be converted to Jamie's.

I noticed that too. Curious considering that they previously announced expanding Jamie's to much of the fleet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

I like some of the foods from Giovanni's and some from Jamie's.  At Jamie's, I thought the plank was great and loved the pasta with truffle cream sauce.

At Giovanni's I like the filet better than the ones in Chops.  I also liked the pasta with Bolognese sauce.

I, also, used to love Portofino with the seafood speidini.(sp)  On Harmony in January we had excellent service and our waitress brought us things she felt we "needed" even when we didn't order them.  That 's how I tried the plank.  

We are going on Allure next month and am sure the service and food in Giovanni's will be great as always.   When we go on Harmony in January, I hope Jamie's will still be there so I can get the pasta again.

Try the lamb chops and the linguine with crab meat.  Really good and tasty.  Could not believe the amount of crab meat.

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Try the lamb chops and the linguine with crab meat.  Really good and tasty.  Could not believe the amount of crab meat.

Lamb is not one of my favorites, but they didn't have anything with crab meat other than the crab and avocado bruschetta.

2 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Lamb is not one of my favorites, but they didn't have anything with crab meat other than the crab and avocado bruschetta.

On the Symphony February sail it was on the luncheon menu.   It was not on the menu in my previous sails.  However, I still enjoy Giovanni's more.

6 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Does Olive Garden have a cruise brand deal?

🤢🤮

25 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Probably Carnival....they should install a walmart too 😛

Why? Carnival's food is easily better than Royal's outside the MDR, and pretty close to even inside the MDR. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We tried Jamie’s on Ovation and wasn’t impressed.It was alright but not for the price.

There wasn’t any meat on the menu,such as steak or breaded pork. it was on the first night.

I thought it might have been a discounted menu or are there off menu things you have to ask for.

51 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

🤢🤮

Why? Carnival's food is easily better than Royal's outside the MDR, and pretty close to even inside the MDR. 

There are a myriad of good reasons why. For starters, look at my cruises so far. Not many, but only ONE with Carnival. Another? Getting a "What'll it be" instead of a proper introduction to what's being served. UNLESS things have changed!

2 minutes ago, johnjen said:

There are a myriad of good reasons why. For starters, look at my cruises so far. Not many, but only ONE with Carnival. Another? Getting a "What'll it be" instead of a proper introduction to what's being served. UNLESS things have changed!

LOL, what I have learned is that that kind of thing can and does happen on any line, including Royal. I have always had as good of service with CCL as I have had with Royal. The wal-mart thing is really what I was referring to. The white trashiest, drunkest cruises I have ever been on.. has been on Royal. 

I like both lines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

LOL, what I have learned is that that kind of thing can and does happen on any line, including Royal. I have always had as good of service with CCL as I have had with Royal. The wal-mart thing is really what I was referring to. The white trashiest, drunkest cruises I have ever been on.. has been on Royal. 

I like both lines.

Out of Bayonne I would definitely say cheers to that, LOL

3 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

I haven’t seen any information in the details released by Royal stating that Giovannis  was staying,.  The only mention of that was from the Blog site that is not affiliated with Royal.  I’ve seen the information that was released to TA’s and it did not mention any specialty restaurants.