Floating (over water) cabana and cococay beach club

Yep, it's on mine for May 2020 sailing, at the tune of- drumroll......$1499!  Ummm....think I will just find a nice spot by the swim up bar and enjoy my steal on the $18 beverage package!!  What doesn't make sense is that a Thrill Park day pass is $93 per person, however those cabanas are $499.....So the cabanas include up to 6 people-if you get a cabana, it actually breaks down to $83 per person, which includes the Thrill Park day pass....hmmmmmmm. 

Just now, parothead said:

not showing on my Dec 2019 cruise. When I booked a cabana in Jan they had the pic of the over water one. I was very disappointed that I didn't end up with that. But got it for a bargin $319 

RC Website indicates the beach club will open in January 2020 so I would imagine that's why.  The original date was Dec 2019...but it looks like they pushed it out a little

Got an email about it but it's not available until 01/2020 and I cruise 12/2019.  That being said, that sounds waaaaay expensive for a few hours.  Though it did say lobster and steak are available in the private restaurant.  Ugh.  It also said day passes are available. 

Here is the email BTW...

Opening January 31, 2020
Browser View
Call us at 1 (877) 202-4342 or
Contact your Travel Advisor

ROY_spacer.gif
ROY_spacer.gif
ROY_spacer.gif
PLAN A CRUISE    ROY_spacer.gif ROY_spacer.gif  CRUISE DEALS
ROY_spacer.gif
ELEVATE YOUR BEACH DAY
ROY_spacer.gif
BOOK NOW
At the exclusive Coco Beach ClubSM, every moment is elevated. Drift
along the finest line between poolside and seaside, in an infinity pool
overlooking the ocean. Savor new flavors at the clubhouse. Or enjoy
complimentary concierge service in a private cabana. Reserve your
experience today — opening January 31, 2020 at Perfect Day at CocoCay.
ROY_spacer.gif
ROY_spacer.gif
PERFECT TEN ZEN
Escape to the first Floating Cabanas in The Bahamas. Unwind in the overwater hammock,
slide into the sea, and let your Cabana Concierge tend to your every need. EXPLORE MORE
ROY_spacer.gif
STEPS FROM THE SEA
Retreat to your very own Beach Cabana — a spacious outpost right on the sand. And when
you need to refuel or refill, your Cabana Concierge is always on call. EXPLORE MORE
ROY_spacer.gif
NEXT LEVEL CHILL
Stop by the clubhouse for upgraded cuisine like fresh snapper, steak and lobster. Sip specialty
cocktails on in-water loungers. And take a dip in the beachfront infinity pool. EXPLORE MORE

We bought the beach club day pass which includes basically everything except the cabana.  You do get two nice umbrellas and beach chairs are good.  It was only $65 per person so we'll try it.  $1499 is too much for just two people.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Out of curiosity I looked for an over the water cabana in Fiji and you can have one of those at a resort for less than $700 per night.

I wrote a post on the other Cabana thread, but decided to delete it.... I stayed at the Hilton Moorea for $600 per night just 2 years ago for three nights in absolute natural paradise vs. $1499 for 6-8 hours on a jam packed fake island built by a cruise company.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I wrote a post on the other Cabana thread, but decided to delete it.... I stayed at the Hilton Moorea for $600 per night just 2 years ago for three nights in absolute natural paradise vs. $1499 for 6-8 hours on a jam packed fake island built by a cruise company.

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Out of curiosity I looked for an over the water cabana in Fiji and you can have one of those at a resort for less than $700 per night.

Both are good points.  But are you looking into the total costs?  I don't know how much it costs to fly to Fiji or Bora Bora....I usually only cruise from ports I can drive to in order to keep some of my costs low so I don't have airfare to contend with (except next year since we are doing Alaska....you don't even want to know how much the air cost me for 4).  Some people are saying they are cruising for less than $1000-$1500 since they say the cabana costs more than the cruise. (I'm not one of those people 😞 )  So as a % of the trip it is expensive...but if you costs $2,000 to fly to the pacific somewhere and get something over the water for $600....is it really less money?

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

But are you looking into the total costs? 

No, but that was not the point - the point was to put into context what RCI wants folks to fork over for some product and put some relative value on it.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

@Hoopster95

That's where we did the day pass in 2017!  The housekeeper let us peek into those over-the-water bungalows  😉 

That place IS PARADISE!

9 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Appeared on my planner today for April 16th sailing.

$999 isn't cheap....but if you wanted one like i did.....check and see if they are there for you sailing yet.

$999 I would snap one up in a heartbeat.

$1,699 is on the other side of the line in the sand for me, which is what they are in my cruise planner (August, 2020.)  I was really looking forward to booking one of these, but now a chair and umbrella is looking pretty good.  Hoping there will still be some left by Black Friday and there is a nice sale. In the meantime, I did spend the $79 per person for entrance into the Beach Club.  I may upgrade to the regular cabana, but $1,400 is still pretty crazy for an extra couch and table.

Edited by cured
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, cured said:

$999 I would snap one up in a heartbeat.

$1,699 is on the other side of the line in the sand for me, which is what they are in my cruise planner (August, 2020.)  I was really looking forward to booking one of these, but now a chair and umbrella is looking pretty good.  Hoping there will still be some left by Black Friday and there is a nice sale. In the meantime, I did spend the $79 per person for entrance into the Beach Club.

You expressed exactly how I'm feeling right now. 

We will be on Majesty of the Seas, which is a very inexpensive RCCL 7 night cruise.  There's NO WAY that I can justify spending THAT much for one day at CocoCay, no matter how "perfect."

• Like 1

I booked an BWB cabin on Allure of the Seas for Dec 2020 back in April of 2019.  I'm paying $2333 CDN minus $200 US OBC.  The Overwater cabana and beach club offer just showed up in my cruise planner today for $1993.67 CDN.  I'd have to have rocks in my head to make that purchase LOL. I'm sure folks will but I promise it won't be me!

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, torpeedo said:

We bought the beach club day pass which includes basically everything except the cabana.  You do get two nice umbrellas and beach chairs are good.  It was only $65 per person so we'll try it.  $1499 is too much for just two people.  

We looked into a day pass but on the last few visits to Coco cay (since the renovations) the regular  beach was not crowded at all. Nice chairs and umbrellas were  free. Seems like the only benefit might be an upgraded lunch but not worth $65 pp. The area looks nice but something tells me it will be more crowded than shown in the photos. 

I am anxious to hear  comments once it is open. 

Enjoy the day.

m

I wonder if they are having a hard time selling them? For our Mar 2020 cruise they are $1499 and I received this email last night:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking your cruise vacation with Royal Caribbean. 

My name is Sandra Fernandez, I am part of the Private Journey team with Royal Caribbean and you can contact me at my direct email <removed the email>.

As you are one of our Royal STAR Suite Guests, we wanted to reach out to you to offer an opportunity to book a private cabana on Perfect Day CocoCay island before they are sold out; since the availability is limited and the demand is high, they do sell out quickly and they are offered on first-come first-serve basis.

Please let me know if you are interested in reserving one of them and I will be happy to process the booking for you depending on availability.

In addition, my expertise is with all tours in the ports-of-call, and it will be my pleasure to assist booking your Shore Excursions, or I am able to create customized Private Journeys if you would like to explore the option of a private tour.

I remain at your service.

Warm regards,

Sandra