If You Were Offered A Free Celebrity Cruise, Which Ship Would You Choose?

vtcruising

If You Were Offered A Free Celebrity Cruise, Which Ship Would You Choose?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. If Celebrity called and offered you a free 7 night Caribbean cruise for 2 on any of their ships (excluding Galapagos ships) in the non-suite cabin of your choice, which ship would you choose?

2. 2. If Celebrity called and offered you a free 7 night Caribbean cruise for 2, in the Sky Suite of your choice, on any of their ships (excluding Galapagos ships), which ship would you choose?

3. 3. What were the most important reasons for your choice for question # 2 (which ship would you choose with Sky Suite choice)? You can choose as many as you wish.

• Ship's Size
    • Ship's Overall Design
    • Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge design/size/ambiance/concierge service
    • Luminae design/size/ambiance/service
    • Retreat Sundeck (if Revolutionized) design/comfort including enough sun/shade, bar/food service
    • Location of suite only areas
    • Sky Suite design/location
    • Specialty Restaurants
    • Complimentary Dining Options
    • Bars and Lounges
    • Entertainment
    • Ship's Unique Features
    • Number of Guests
    • Overall Staff Friendliness and Service
    • Accessibility
    • Number of Elevators
    • Availability of Library and Card Room
    • It is Revolutionized - I want to sail on a ship that is Post-Revolution
    • It is not Revolutionized yet, so more desirable for me
    • None of the above

I've been watching someone on another thread try to choose between 2 Celebrity ships, looking at a veranda on one ship vs. an oceanview on a ship with higher prices. It made me wonder, if price were taken out of the equation, which ship would people choose, if they could choose any non-suite cabin they wanted without cost.  This might give a better idea about the "je ne sais quoi" for each ship. Some ships seem more popular (even compared to a twin sister) and some just seem to have heart.

I also am interested in which ship people would prefer to experience the suite life on, if given the opportunity. With so many choices of revolutionized and non-revolutionized M Class and S Class ships, as well as Edge Class and various suite venue amenities - bar in most, but not all, Michael's Clubs/Retreat Lounges, a hot tub and pool on the Edge (and likely Apex) Retreat Sundeck, neither one on the EQ and only a hot tub on the others, a bar on the Edge Retreat Sundeck and bar service on all others (I think), I have some ideas about what I prefer, but haven't experienced a revolutionized ship's suite venues. Some like certain Luminae Restaurants, others enjoy the suite venues close together. I am wondering which one people would choose on its merits, leaving price out of the decision-making.

I will be looking at future cruises to be announced soon and wanted to see which ships are thought to be desirable by people here, and since we may be in a suite, wanted info about what people valued with the suite life on the various ships. We will have to keep the price in mind, but will definitely be plugging desirability of the ships into the equation, along with price, so would appreciate more input.

If you choose to do the poll, the first two questions allow only one answer and the third question allows as many answers as you desire. For this poll, I am assuming the Apex suite venues will be the same as the Edge, though a Retreat concierge on the Edge made it sound like they would put a bar in the Retreat Lounge on the Apex, due to the negative feedback. That remains to be seen, as does improvements to Luminae to cut down on the noise or adding more shade to the Retreat Sundeck.

Edited by vtcruising

Please count one extra vote on the non-suite question for Reflection, and one fewer for Eclipse, since I somehow hit the wrong option and didn't realize it until after it had logged my vote.  🤣

• Like 1

You may not like my reasons for selecting Apex. Mainly it's curiosity  about how it really differs from the other ships as far as cruiser experience goes. And the fact that, from what I've read about the Edge so far, a free cruise is the only way I'd likely ever sail on this new class. I picked Apex over Edge in the hopes of improvements over some of Edge's missteps.

Otherwise, I don't really have a ship preference (over itinerary). I've enjoyed all of our X cruises, no matter which ship it was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mom says said:

You may not like my reasons for selecting Apex. Mainly it's curiosity  about how it really differs from the other ships as far as cruiser experience goes. And the fact that, from what I've read about the Edge so far, a free cruise is the only way I'd likely ever sail on this new class. I picked Apex over Edge in the hopes of improvements over some of Edge's missteps.

Otherwise, I don't really have a ship preference (over itinerary). I've enjoyed all of our X cruises, no matter which ship it was.

Understandable. I thought of it when I saw that a couple of people chose "none of the above" - maybe wording could have been "only would try this ship if free"? It would fit the Edge Class as some don't see those ships as their type of ship - it also would work for other X ships as well, since some don't think they would like the older, smaller M Class ships with fewer specialty restaurants and some don't like the Reflection, since she has been characterized as too crowded by some and has part of the Sky Lounge taken away for suites. Some might try those ships if free. Oh well, can't think of everything! 🙂

Silhouette then Apex. I genuinely have no intention of sailing onboard an E class ship in Aquaclass due to the IV cabins. Suite class appeals but the others do not on the newer ships. 

After reading the thread title I was all ready to answer, Flora on 16 day cruise and land tour...... :) 

• Like 2

OK, if I couldn’t have a suite I would go for Silhouette with her dining options but less rooms than Reflection. I would spend my cash on speciality dining. It wouldn’t bother me she had not yet been Revolutionised as the big item is the suite deck which I wouldn’t have access to.

Allow me a suite free of charge and I will give Apex a go! With the high suite prices from Southampton next year I certainly wouldn’t consider paying for it!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mom says said:

Definately no such thing as a bad free cruise!

• Like 3

We enjoyed EDGE for 7 days  in AQ class, returning again in Nov for 10 days in a Sunset Veranda.

A Sky Suite on APEX   would be fabulous!  Hoping for all new art, some changes to afford more sun and wind protection on outsude decks, acoustical improvement in Martini bar area and something new in EDEN!

• Like 1

My choice was Apex because I have already sailed on Edge.  My non-suite choice would be a sunset veranda.  My Sky Suite would be anywhere but an S3 near the Magic Carpet.  Hey but I would take on of those if for free! The Sky suites on Edge and Apex come with the fabulous suite lounge and suite retreat areas so that is my reason for choice of E-Class over a suite on S-Class although I do love the corner aft S1's !

• Like 1

Happy to see so many that love the Silhouette. Haven’t been on her since she was brand new - I think it may be time to circle back. I’m not worried about her Revolution - I have a good feeling about how that will turn out - hope I’m right! 🙂

• Like 1

I would take a M class ship any day over the S Class or Edge (haven’t sailed on Edge yet, but I like the layout and size of M class).  Our next cruise is booked on Revolutionized Summit.  Looking forward to seeing the changes.  Love the Aft C 1’s for the large balcony or the FV cabins.  Sky suites are fine, too.

I am surprised there are no people saying they like the M class best.  Are my spouse and I the only ones who still prefer M class?  To us, they just feel “like home”.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I would take a M class ship any day over the S Class or Edge (haven’t sailed on Edge yet, but I like the layout and size of M class).  Our next cruise is booked on Revolutionized Summit.  Looking forward to seeing the changes.  Love the Aft C 1’s for the large balcony or the FV cabins.  Sky suites are fine, too.

I am surprised there are no people saying they like the M class best.  Are my spouse and I the only ones who still prefer M class?  To us, they just feel “like home”.

13 hours ago, bikerunner said:

You know I would choose the Century or my second cruise the Horizon.  We need those choices. Sigh. 

Also prefer M class to S class and have zero interest in E class.

Know there is no going back, but gee a nice cruise on Horizon or Zenith, Century, Galaxy or Mercury would fit the bill.  As long as the experience and service were like they were in those days.

• Like 3

I’d love to try the E class but only if it was “free”.  I know I’d miss a true balcony.

The Ms are great for itineraries and the Ss are my preference for the Caribbean.  

As much as I loved the Mercury and the Century, their level of service at Xs price is long gone.  Time marches on!

If it's free I'll pick the most expensive option.  We have no intention of actually paying to cruise on Edge Class but if it's free, we'll take the tour.  If we're paying, we would pick the M-class actually sailing in the Caribbean but then again we will never book another 7 day Caribbean cruise...

And the question about booking for the location of the card room or library.... they have been designated as non essential to your cruising enjoyment... but you can book an inside room where they used to be...

As former non revenue areas of the ship are redesigned for cabin space, each ship is now more crowded than before.

Bring back the Century..

15 hours ago, mom says said:

That covers it very nicely for me as well.

16 hours ago, mom says said:

My reason to pick Edge or Apex as well on #2.  I won't pay the prices they're asking.  On #1, I didn't select either Edge or Apex as those window cabins masquerading as balcony cabins hold no appeal for me.  But I'd try as suite as they allegedly have actual balconies.

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

My worst ever cruise from five different lines was on Summit. However I'm liking Constellation. Nowhere feels particularly busy or crowded. No issues getting a seat in any of the bars and on this M class ship they actually have enough bar staff to serve you in a reasonable period of time unlike our Summit experience. So not so much the class of ship for me but more the way it's ran. 

I'm not really surprised to see Silhouette as the most popular M or S class ship. It has more dining venues than the others but doesn't get the bad press about overcrowding that Reflection occasionally does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mynki said:

My worst ever cruise from five different lines was on Summit. However I'm liking Constellation. Nowhere feels particularly busy or crowded. No issues getting a seat in any of the bars and on this M class ship they actually have enough bar staff to serve you in a reasonable period of time unlike our Summit experience. So not so much the class of ship for me but more the way it's ran. 

I'm not really surprised to see Silhouette as the most popular M or S class ship. It has more dining venues than the others but doesn't get the bad press about overcrowding that Reflection occasionally does. 

Funnily enough, Connie is our favourite M class and Silhouette our S class 😉.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TN Vol Fan said:

I’d love to try the E class but only if it was “free”.  I know I’d miss a true balcony.

The Ms are great for itineraries and the Ss are my preference for the Caribbean.  

As much as I loved the Mercury and the Century, their level of service at Xs price is long gone.  Time marches on!

There are true balcony's on the Edge....

And I don't understand the "I wouldn't take the free cruise answers"...

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

There are true balcony's on the Edge....

And I don't understand the "I wouldn't take the free cruise answers"...

If you don't like the product, price isn't the issue, hence you stay home rather than go do something you don't enjoy. Now if it were MSC, in a YC suite, or Oasis class ship, in a grand suite or higher, that's a whole different ballgame, those I'd actually pay for.

• Like 1

Different strokes for diff folks. 

Our Oasis experience was a one and done....It just did not suit our cruise style. The nightly Diamond party was very good but food  in general could not compare to X,  and crowds were everywhere..even the adult solarium.

we would not go back on her or sister  mall ships even for free!.