What is the thing you liked most on Grandeur of the Seas?

BillHoo

Grandeur is a very cozy ship.

Everything is so close. The minute you leave outside pool you hear music from Centrum. Centrum is a place where every evening and often during the day musicians perform. You can listen to them right there or one floor up while watching ocean go by through huge windows. 

We loved Solarium.. although one one of our Christmas/New Year cruises it was nicely heated, and last year it was not.

Overflow for Diamond lounge in South Pacific lounge is terrific.

• Like 2

We are HOOKED on Grandeur, we love it, our kids love it... the size is perfect, it feels like a little community.  The staff is fabulous, they remember us year after year and are so helpful and welcoming.  The promenade deck, sitting in the shade, reading books, watching the water go by.  The ease of the Baltimore port, we're spoiled, we live less than 20 minutes away but getting on and off this ship is a breeze.  The food is great but comparable to other RC ships.  I love Grandeur so much and I"m going to miss it!

Ditto all of the above and she was our first - and you never forget your first.  She looked HUGE as we arrived at the port.  Captain Rob Speaking 😁 was the captain on one of our later cruises on the Grandeur and he was a hoot.  His spirit and dedication trickled down throughout the crew. 

We are cruising on her one more time next year.

Edited by SargassoPirate
Fat fingers, small phone.

Quite frankly as a passenger that wasn't from the local area and hadn't cruised on her for x number of times I found it the worst RC cruise I have been on.  It started with check in, when I was told they don't get many people from outside the US, and got worse from there.  Generally the ship and crew seem to have been ported in one place too long

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Grandeur has  Chops, Giovanni’s, and Izumi. Most nights not too difficult to get a reservation.

We have always walked up and gotten seated.

The crew, by far.  AMAZING service.

From almost everywhere inside, you can still see the ocean.

24 minutes ago, UKWLDCruise said:

when I was told they don't get many people from outside the US

If you took the comment as criticism, then maybe your attitude had something to do with how things went.

My SO is not from the US, and when this comment has been made, it was made, and taken, as a friendly notice of something different.  More of a WOW, that's interesting type of comment.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BillHoo said:

Whether is was a tasty food treat, drink, service, place or activity... what was the most memorable that you would want again?

The crew makes the ship and the experience.  they are second to NONE!!!  Look at my signature to see how many times i have been on her.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Lots of sewage smells that's why they call the Grandeur, "Stinky of the Seas."   Perhaps Pulmantur can find a way to fix her.

😜 And I thought they were just cooking cabbage for dinner😜

We started calling her Old Smoky after 2013, but still love the ship and crew.

image2.png

The crew was definitively one of the friendliest in the fleet and considering they usually are all pretty friendly, that says alot.  The CD and Activities Manager are everywhere and interact with all the passengers.  One thing that was done I had never seen before was the 'Grandeur Fair'. It was on the last day (sea day) and it was like a country fair.  All sorts of activities where if you participated you won tickets and if you won, you got more tickets.  Then they did drawings for swag.  But the fun part was that so many people were involved.  It felt like a small town get together.

Erika

1 hour ago, UKWLDCruise said:

Quite frankly as a passenger that wasn't from the local area and hadn't cruised on her for x number of times I found it the worst RC cruise I have been on.  It started with check in, when I was told they don't get many people from outside the US, and got worse from there.  

Funny that you should mention that.  The last time we cruised on Grandeur, the check in agent said "You are my first locals today!"  We are from a different state, and five hours drive away.  It must be her standard conversation line.

6 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Grandeur has  Chops, Giovanni’s, and Izumi. Most nights not too difficult to get a reservation.

How is her Park Cafe?

Enchantment had gone down hill. They used pork roast more than half the time when in PC.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Lots of sewage smells that's why they call the Grandeur, "Stinky of the Seas."   Perhaps Pulmantur can find a way to fix her.

The stinkiest ship I have been on was the first week of our B2B on Harmony in September. There was a foul odor in the hallway that I could not identify, not the typical sewer smell you notice on many ships when they are in port.  It was even more gross the 2nd day, fans were set up and on until day 5.  Fortunately, did not notice anything the 2nd week but I’ve always wondered what it was.

We’ve been on Grandeur once, I hope we can manage another one before she leaves. Crew was great, food was good, loved the music in the Centrum.  The only thing that has stopped me is the itinerary, not a fan of the first day or two during the winter months and I really don’t want to stop in PC as we live about 20 min south. I guess we could run home and do some laundry😂.

Sherri🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

How is her Park Cafe?

Enchantment had gone down hill. They used pork roast more than half the time when in PC.

It’s ok.  Like to go sometimes for breakfast.  In November (15 days) I believe I saw only beef for the sandwiches.  We also go there for an afternoon snack on port days so we can avoid Windjammer.  Nothing wrong with Windjammer but want to be careful of other folks’ germs!  Too old to be getting sick on a ship!  Happy holidays.  Katherine

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

The Chef's table on this ship is the best two i've been to.  I've done Chef's Table on Grandeur, Navigator, Anthem and Allure.  The top two were on Grandeur.

That is good to hear.  We love CT on Radiance and Vision class ships, but have not been on Grandeur yet.  Thanks!  🙂