Sea Pass Card distribution on Adventure?

leerobbs

For anyone recently sailing on Adventure of the Seas, at what point in the boarding process did you get your sea pass card?  Some posts lately have mentioned getting the card once you reach your stateroom after 1 pm.  I don't remember seeing that for the Adventure any info would be appreciated.

• Clarea changed the title to Sea Pass Card distribution on Adventure?

I first saw the room distribution of cards on Adventure in Oct of 2018. 

I believe it's the the ship that determines it, not the port.  Once the ship has the equipment to print cards in bulk and they convert the onboard systems it then uses the new process.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I first saw the room distribution of cards on Adventure in Oct of 2018. 

I believe it's the the ship that determines it, not the port.  Once the ship has the equipment to print cards in bulk and they convert the onboard systems it then uses the new process.  

Cape Liberty has been putting cards at the room since the new terminal was built and Anthem came there.  So, port does play a part in it.  CL isn't set up like most terminals.

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Cape Liberty has been putting cards at the room since the new terminal was built and Anthem came there.  So, port does play a part in it.  CL isn't set up like most terminals.

RFID ships started doing ship card distribution first.  

When a ship can't support card distribution the cards are overnighted from Miami.  They are printed 4 days before the cruise.  It's a huge PITA.  Terminals only have contractors, no Royal employees.  It's the ship that determines if cards will be distributed on board.  Just wait for some older ships to arrive in Bayonne soon.  

Edited by twangster

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

RFID ships started doing ship card distribution first.  

When a ship can't support card distribution the cards are overnighted from Miami.  They are printed 4 days before the cruise.  It's a huge PITA.  Terminals only have contractors, no Royal employees.  It's the ship that determines if cards will be distributed on board.  Just wait for some older ships to arrive in Bayonne soon.  

The terminal only has a few desks.  Check in is done mostly by ipad.  Older ships have already gone out of CL-Adventure being one of them.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

The terminal only has a few desks.  Check in is done mostly by ipad.  Older ships have already gone out of CL-Adventure being one of them.

As I said, Adventure began ship card distribution in 2018 - in Quebec City.

Empress has not - yet.  

Port Everglades - Majesty still has cards given out in the terminal, even terminal 18.  The terminal doesn't decide it.  

Edited by twangster

14 hours ago, twangster said:

As I said, Adventure began ship card distribution in 2018 - in Quebec City.

Empress has not - yet.  

Port Everglades - Majesty still has cards given out in the terminal, even terminal 18.  The terminal doesn't decide it.  

Actually it is determined by the check in system on the ship.  There are currently 3 different ones for both Royal and Celebrity.  Majesty should transition to their new system on the way to New Orleans but most likely will still distribute sea pass cards in the terminal for awhile.    

We were on Adventure  in  Nov and on her again  Sat.  Cards in envelope on outside  door . Bad thing  could not get in Diamond lounge to wait around  before cabin opening at 130.  Had back to backers with card got in so we followed..  Cabin a few doors down from us people went to their cabin around 200pm and someone else  had already got card outside opened door and made themselves comfortable by mistake.