Buying Alcohol On Board

CanEcosse

Kept and delivered to you from the duty-free shop. You can however buy a bottle FOR your cabin, before sailing or (I believe, I have not done it on HAL but NCL had the ability) on board from any bar. Someone will come along to say if that is true for onboard. 

Here is where to start for pre-sailing purchases:

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/secondaryFlow/beverages

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Kept and delivered to you from the duty-free shop. You can however buy a bottle FOR your cabin, before sailing or (I believe, I have not done it on HAL but NCL had the ability) on board from any bar. Someone will come along to say if that is true for onboard. 

Here is where to start for pre-sailing purchases:

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/secondaryFlow/beverages

Yes, you can buy a bottle on board.  No problem.

The last time we did it, the bar had us call room service to order and it was delivered to our cabin.

• Thanks 2

We always order a bottle of liquor for our cabin before we sail. Once on board, I believe you can order it from room service and keep it in your room. If you buy a bottle of liquor in the ship's store, it will be kept and delivered to your cabin at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

When you are on board, you can buy liquor by the bottle.  You can buy a bottle (gin, scotch, etc.) or a package, gin and four cans of tonic.  Order from room service.  There may be a menu in your cabin of available bottles.    When we embark in Fort Lauderdale, one of our pre cruise stops is at a supermarket.  In addition to snacks and Coke Zero, we buy extra tonic water and limes for our evening G & T.  The limes keep quite well in the cabin refrigerator.  

19 hours ago, CanEcosse said:

If I buy a bottle (for example, scotch) in the shop on the ship, can I then take it to my room for in-cabin consumption or is it kept and returned to me at the end of the cruise?

I believe you are speaking about buying a bottle of liquor ON THE SHIP, IN THE DUTY-FREE STORE, and I don't think you can take it to your room.  I think it will be given to you when you debark.  Somewhat cheaper for sure for AFTER your cruise but.....

Others are referring to pre-ordering liquor on HAL's webpage, for more money than the shop, and YES that will be delivered to your room and you can make your own drinks.

Hope this helps and happy sailing everyone!

Edited by VacationingCharlene
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Old thread I know....but does anyone have a link to what liquors are available for ordering through customer service pre-sailing as indicated in the posts above? Today I confirmed this is still available with HAL's excellent chat option, but neglected to ask what was available.😳

Doug

14 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

does anyone have a link to what liquors are available for ordering through customer service pre-sailing as indicated in the posts above?

Once booked, look under "Cruise Activities" then "Beverages"

also https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Spirits-and-Beer-for-Stateroom-2021.pdf

Edited by Cruise Suzy

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Fever-Tree and Zevia are both good tonic waters, sugar free. Have you tried them?

This sugar free tonic water is an epiphany for me! I have never heard of it!

I will be searching those out  now though. I probably will have to look beyond my typical grocery store, but definitely will be on the hunt now.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodndonna said:

This sugar free tonic water is an epiphany for me! I have never heard of it!

I will be searching those out  now though. I probably will have to look beyond my typical grocery store, but definitely will be on the hunt now.  Thanks!

I get ours in the mixer section in the wine area, not in the regular soda section.

21 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I get ours in the mixer section in the wine area, not in the regular soda section.

I have found a list of retailers in Canada that carry Fever Tree - so will be on search mission this weekend! I've never really looked in the mixer area as we don't drink much in the way of cocktails (primarily because of the sugar) so I will have to check out those aisles. 😃

• Like 1

On your main booking page, go to Cruise Activities and the line that shows Specialty Dining, Dining Packages, Spa, etc. Scroll to the right and there should be a Beverages header.  Click on it and it will show a list of various packages and at the bottom are beers and spirits, (most over $70 and up - outragous but certainly cheaper than by-the-drink prices on board>)

14 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Just be advised you can no longer bring anything onboard except water. Soda carryons are not allowed anymore.

And, officially, even water is a limited amount and not in plastic bottles.

Edited by VMax1700

If you are doing a B2B cruise and purchase a bottle of rum in the duty free the first week, will the bottle be delivered at the end of the first week or at the end of the second week?

If you have the beveridge package are you able to get a soda in a can or can you only get a fountain soda?

6 hours ago, lindberg said:

If you have the beveridge package are you able to get a soda in a can or can you only get a fountain soda?

Some sodas don't come in fountain style. For those you absolutely get a can when you order. Sometimes it's a full can, while other times it's a glass at a time. There are generally about 2 glasses in a can.