Freedom AMP- new livery?

kruzerci

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. Either way I'm not too worried about the color change as my view will be mostly from the inside looking out.

I spent a chunk of my career working for homebuilders. I was in contracting and would meet with buyers on custom changes. 

We always had a saying around the office.

"Can't see it from my house." 

• Like 1

The new paint scheme works well on the Oasis and Quantum class because RCCL created visual breaks in the structure to outline the spot where the color change happens.

802-large-ed78f090346334771301e8030d7521

Oasis_of_the_Seas.jpg

The Freedom and Voyager class doesn't have that kind of delineation, so the border kind of looks arbitrary and forced.

Aerial-photo-of-Voyager-of-the-Seas_2-e1

It is what it is.  We'll all get used to it soon enough and then it won't be a big deal anymore.

• Like 1

in addition to the new blue paint job the underwater portions have been painted red and were previously blue.  

It’s one of those things that will take some getting used to.  The blue paint looks good from a distance but up close it doesn’t mesh well with all the green glass on Freedom and Voyager class ships. 

8FBEAC60-927A-4C28-AC40-FDA7D76E8C24.jpeg

AC7388DD-9A96-4527-AA14-E6EDC9A24FC6.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Freedom left Cadiz a couple of days ago and due to arrive San Juan in a week - I assume pics of the finished product (and "feedback" on the color) will follow shortly thereafter.

You can find some on Instagram. I still prefer white, but at least it looks a little more subdued than Voyager. 

BFC93F49-1A46-4D16-AD33-216D65A4AC26.jpeg

004028BE-7AB9-4D04-AD4C-06FA9D347060.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

You can find some on Instagram. I still prefer white, but at least it looks a little more subdued than Voyager. 

I think the color doesn't look quite as bad on Freedom because of the balcony structure on the Freedom class ships. The solid wall balconies on Voyager make the contrast much more stark and noticable.

I much prefer all white.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think the color doesn't look quite as bad on Freedom because of the balcony structure on the Freedom class ships. The solid wall balconies on Voyager make the contrast much more stark and noticable.

I much prefer all white.

Me too.

During a Captain's Corner on Anthem last year the Captain was asked about the blue vs white. He said that he and many others did not like the blue because it was much harder to match when something needed to be repainted. You can see it all over Anthem where the blue has been repainted, but it does not really match. Does not look great. Below and to the right of the Royal Caribbean logo is a good example.

20170912_065541.jpg

Edited by P8aTe24kDwkVf
added picture
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

During a Captain's Corner on Anthem last year the Captain was asked about the blue vs white. He said that he and many others did not like the blue because it was much harder to match when something needed to be repainted. You can see it all over Anthem where the blue has been repainted, but it does not really match. Does not look great. Below and to the right of the Royal Caribbean logo is a good example.

So RCI doesn't pay any attention to their captains' opinions either.🙄

On 2/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

20170912_065541.jpg

This should have been the deal breaker on this plan. Very few of us are going to skip sailing on a ship because we don’t like the color so they don’t care about our opinions that much. When repairs start making an expensive extravagant ship starts to look cheap and shoddy the company should care! They’re currently known for the beauty of their ships. How could they be ok with not being able to match the paint color?

It’s not going to stop me from sailing them but it does make me question their common sense. 

Is Freedom sailing to San Juan with passengers? I’m getting on her Sun and was curious.  There was supposed to be a sailing this week that was cancelled due to dry dock taking longer than scheduled. I can’t imagine RCI missing an opportunity to carry paying customers. 

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Is Freedom sailing to San Juan with passengers? I’m getting on her Sun and was curious.  There was supposed to be a sailing this week that was cancelled due to dry dock taking longer than scheduled. I can’t imagine RCI missing an opportunity to carry paying customers. 

You can check for a Roll Call here on CC, but it is my understanding she left Cadiz empty right after her dry dock.  

2 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I'll be getting on Sunday also. It is my understanding that she is sailing with no paying customers. My assumption is that the crew is working on some of the last minute details as she makes her way to San Juan. I also assume that because of the corona virus scare, the ship will be incredibly clean and sterile when we board. I am not the least bit worried about the condition of the ship, I am more concerned with my flights to San Juan.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

You can check for a Roll Call here on CC, but it is my understanding she left Cadiz empty right after her dry dock.  

I did that yesterday and couldn’t find one. It was following John’s TA on Allure that made me curious since Pat posted that she & Bucky will be on the return TA. 

22 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'll be getting on Sunday also. It is my understanding that she is sailing with no paying customers. My assumption is that the crew is working on some of the last minute details as she makes her way to San Juan. I also assume that because of the corona virus scare, the ship will be incredibly clean and sterile when we board. I am not the least bit worried about the condition of the ship, I am more concerned with my flights to San Juan.

I’m not worried about corona virus either. I had my yearly physical this AM & told my dr what we do to stay healthy. She said we should be fine (no one can guarantee) and mainly wash our hands often. I’m more concerned about people like the hospital administrator at Dartmouth Hospital who was told to self quarantine (he tested positive) and instead went to an invite-only function! I’m not sure how to post the link but google “Dartmouth hospital employee corona virus “. That’s how I found it. 
Good travels! Perhaps we will see each other on board.