"Best burger at sea" am I the only one?

CanadaRob

Talking to other regular cruise line cruisers and this comes up as it does here from time to time.  It always goes something like" Guy's burgers are so great and they're included" or "

did you know The salty dog Ernesto's burger was voted the best at sea by cruise critic?"

I like a burger every now and then but I can't think of the last time I had a burger on a cruise ship(any cruise ship) 

Is there something about burgers on a cruise ship that make it a quintessential grab and go food?   I don't get why there is such a fascination with burgers?  

Am I the only guy that will forgo the burger for a quick sandwich or slice of pizza or a piece of fruit?  

Don't what to get into Royal's burgers good/no good just wondering about the whole trumpeting of burgers as a big deal.

6 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Talking to other regular cruise line cruisers and this comes up as it does here from time to time.  It always goes something like" Guy's burgers are so great and they're included" or "

did you know The salty dog Ernesto's burger was voted the best at sea by cruise critic?"

I like a burger every now and then but I can't think of the last time I had a burger on a cruise ship(any cruise ship) 

Is there something about burgers on a cruise ship that make it a quintessential grab and go food?   I don't get why there is such a fascination with burgers?  

Am I the only guy that will forgo the burger for a quick sandwich or slice of pizza or a piece of fruit?  

Don't what to get into Royal's burgers good/no good just wondering about the whole trumpeting of burgers as a big deal.

We really like the pool/mast grill 'burgers on Celebrity for a quickie lunch. They'll cook the 'burgers  your way if you ask them. We aren't buffet fans. 

• Like 2

I like a good burger,they can be a healthy balanced meal.

In Australian we have a burger with the lot .bacon,tomato,Pineapple,beetroot,lettuce fried onion,cheese and beef.

As for cruise ships ,the Royal burger from room service,Ozzie style.

i love love love the Guy's burgers on Carnival Vista.  wow fresh and hot.  and the BBQ is good too. YUM...........

Nice thing is the fixings  bar and also the Fries are good.

I think a lot of meals have heavy sauces or fancy names and after a few days ya just want a darn burger.

I don't like the limp soggy ones in Buffet area but will partake if I have to.

• Like 1

I don't eat burgers in "real life" so I do like to get one on vacation.  Having said that, I don't think I've had one on a cruise ship (only sailed Royal or Princess) that made me miss it when I was back home. First time on a ship with Johnny Rockets in  couple of weeks, so I'll be trying that burger.  Ya know, for research.  

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We really like the pool/mast grill 'burgers on Celebrity for a quickie lunch. They'll cook the 'burgers  your way if you ask them. We aren't buffet fans. 

That is one of the things I really like about Celebrity.  I rarely eat ground beef anywhere but the aroma coming from the Mast Grill is amazing so I make sure to have one on my cruise.

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I like a good burger,they can be a healthy balanced meal.

In Australian we have a burger with the lot .bacon,tomato,Pineapple,beetroot,lettuce fried onion,cheese and beef.

As for cruise ships ,the Royal burger from room service,Ozzie style.

hey Chiliburn, hope you are safe from the fires.  I watch Ovation and other ships on Cruisin website come and go from port and the cloud cover as well from smoke. I am hearing that the rains are coming and hoping the best for down under folks such as yourself.

Meanwhile I will continue to follow Twangster on his trip.

I am coming your way in November in fact I will be in Sydney whilst my country is trying to elect a President.  Can't wait to see the sights and then get on a P Majestic to go to NZ.  

No Wimpy here, but do like a thick juicy burger from time to time. 

Don't see much chatter on cruise ship burgers outside of Carnival's Guy's.  IMO Guy's popularity is built on hype.  Pretty greasy.   Carnival does/did have a decent Texas Burger on their MDR lunch menu for sea days.

• Like 1

I eat very little red meat, so it's a great to have a burger or two with some hot fries on a cruise. I like the Ringer from Guy's. It's not that the burger itself is so great, it's the variety of toppings for the burger and the tasty fries. It's also nice that it's free and available right off the pool deck.

A burger is a burger is a burger.  We have had Guy's and JR on Anthem.  I love hamburgers and there is not a French fry that is bad but getting on a ship and waiting with bated breath to get my burger is not my idea of a way to spend any time.  But then we tend to try to find things to eat we do not eat at home.  Just agree with CanadaRob.  I can take or leave a burger on a cruise.

"Honey Stung Chicken" on Royal use to carry the same hype as a Guys Burger.  i guess it signifies that you are finally on a ship on vacation and that is a main go to when boarding except for a long time the HSC was only offered in the Windjammer on boarding day.   People on Carnival tend to flock to Lido buffet upon boarding leaving Guys with very short wait time.    I enjoy Guys burgers.  I have to chuckle when i hear they are greasy.  Burgers are suppose to be greasy.  The best burger to me is made with 73/27 ground beef.  I actually think Guys Burgers are 80/20 ground chuck though.  They are certainly better in MY opinion than Johnny Rockets and it is a nice touch that they are included.  I like the toppings like the carmelized onions etc.    

The thing i cant stand on Carnival that carries even more hype than a Guys burger is the warm melting chocolate cake.  Gross! 

Edited by ryano

8 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

I like the "The Cannonball" at the Dive In / Terrace Grill on the HAL ships! Gouda cheese, applewood smoked bacon & sweet caramelized onions! Hot off the grill!! 

Sounds amazing! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

hey Chiliburn, hope you are safe from the fires.  I watch Ovation and other ships on Cruisin website come and go from port and the cloud cover as well from smoke. I am hearing that the rains are coming and hoping the best for down under folks such as yourself.

Meanwhile I will continue to follow Twangster on his trip.

I am coming your way in November in fact I will be in Sydney whilst my country is trying to elect a President.  Can't wait to see the sights and then get on a P Majestic to go to NZ.  

It’s been a bit of a rough season but we survive. 

Come on down,don’t let a bit of  bad news stop you.

Ovation around NZ is fantastic and if you have the time and money. Pacific islands and good too .A B2B

32 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I can't stand Guy Fieri so anything with his label gets a heave ho for me.

I find him very annoying as well.  Especially the way he pronounces his last name and anything Italian.  I'm Italian with a very Italian name don't try to use a fake Italian accent to pronounce it.