Carnival Corporation Arrogance

tcc8v

I just called Holland America about the Feb. 29 Westerdam cruise.  They offered a credit that can be applied to any 2020 cruise.  They should simply refund all moneys paid for any Asian cruises this spring.

The Carnival Corporation (this includes both Princess and Holland America) is the typhoid Mary of the corona virus epidemic.  According to CNN there are 318 total cases of corona virus WORLDWIDE outside of China, 61 of which are on the Diamond Princess.  To put it another way, except for the Diamond Princess, Japan has 25 cases FROM ALL SOURCES, South Korea has 24 and even Hong Kong has 24.  The Diamond Princess is a disaster without parallel outside of China.  How can we have confidence, despite all the Carnival Corporation assurances, that they can control this epidemic on any of their ships?

The arrogance of the Carnival Corporation is unbelievable.  It is time that they ate a big portion of humble pie.

We have considerable power to influence corporate behavior.  I have never used social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), but it is time for us to use them.  I am going to step into the social media sphere this afternoon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tcc8v said:

I just called Holland America about the Feb. 29 Westerdam cruise.  They offered a credit that can be applied to any 2020 cruise.  They should simply refund all moneys paid for any Asian cruises this spring.

The Carnival Corporation (this includes both Princess and Holland America) is the typhoid Mary of the corona virus epidemic.  According to CNN there are 318 total cases of corona virus WORLDWIDE outside of China, 61 of which are on the Diamond Princess.  To put it another way, except for the Diamond Princess, Japan has 25 cases FROM ALL SOURCES, South Korea has 24 and even Hong Kong has 24.  The Diamond Princess is a disaster without parallel outside of China.  How can we have confidence, despite all the Carnival Corporation assurances, that they can control this epidemic on any of their ships?

The arrogance of the Carnival Corporation is unbelievable.  It is time that they ate a big portion of humble pie.

We have considerable power to influence corporate behavior.  I have never used social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), but it is time for us to use them.  I am going to step into the social media sphere this afternoon.

Actually I would prefer that they modify itinerary by replacing Shanghai, Manila & HK with alternative ports. Once I'm psyched for a cruise I WANT TO GO.  If that isn't acceptable to a passenger then they should be able to use the funds paid for another cruise BOOKED in the next 12 months 

They can control the epidemic on their vessels as soon as people stop lying on health questionnaires 

• Like 26

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Actually I would prefer that they modify itinerary by replacing Shanghai, Manila & HK with alternative ports. Once I'm psyched for a cruise I WANT TO GO.  If that isn't acceptable to a passenger then they should be able to use the funds paid for another cruise BOOKED in the next 12 months 

They can control the epidemic on their vessels as soon as people stop lying on health questionnaires 

Just curious, since we haven't been on Princess in a while, do they still use the health questionnaires? 

31 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Brilliantly said Ombud and exactly how I feel about our April Sapphire Princess cruise. I wish I could give you more than one like for your post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ombud said:

We also whole heartedly agree with you  .Your post is very logical during this trying times with corona virus

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, tcc8v said:

IMHO, a little over the top in the rhetoric based on what was known at the time and what we know now.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Just curious, since we haven't been on Princess in a while, do they still use the health questionnaires? 

No health questionnaires on our last two cruises.  I wonder how many passengers have fibbed on the form in the past?  I bet there were a few.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

i'm confused by this whole thread … 

until PRINCESS cancels a cruise … albeit whenever that is … you booked the cruise and agreed to their cancellation terms, right ?

Yes I agree. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

No health questionnaires on our last two cruises.  I wonder how many passengers have fibbed on the form in the past?  I bet there were a few.   

I thinknfee health questionnaires are at least a partial waste of time.  We had a minor Noro outbreak last April on the Regal.  Met two passengers at the airport on the way home.  They told us they had both caught it but only stayed in their cabin one day when it was at max.  They said they told no one, attended shows, ate in the buffet and went on excursions.

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

i'm confused by this whole thread … 

until PRINCESS cancels a cruise … albeit whenever that is … you booked the cruise and agreed to their cancellation terms, right ?

Yes but in the interest of PR maybe if over 3/4 ports are cancelled because of coronavirus 

Edited by Ombud

Actually I was thrilled that the OP was able to clear up the spread of this virus by laying it all at the feet of the Evil incompetent Carnival corporation....... Shut 'em down = problem solved. WHY oh WHY couldn't multiple country's ministry of health, WHO and CDC have seen it as a Carnival Plot from the git go. Why of course Carnival would forego millions in revenue and spend millions more to spread a virus that clely instea if being named after a Mexican Beer (sic) should have been called the Carniva Virus. Thank Goodness the word will soon be spread world wide by individual effort on social media ROFLMAO

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, TNTLAMB said:

Actually I was thrilled that the OP was able to clear up the spread of this virus by laying it all at the feet of the Evil incompetent Carnival corporation....... Shut 'em down = problem solved. WHY oh WHY couldn't multiple country's ministry of health, WHO and CDC have seen it as a Carnival Plot from the git go. Why of course Carnival would forego millions in revenue and spend millions more to spread a virus that clely instea if being named after a Mexican Beer (sic) should have been called the Carniva Virus. Thank Goodness the word will soon be spread world wide by individual effort on social media ROFLMAO

Hurry, copywrite that before it goes viral..  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tcc8v said:

And I, and I think that I can speak for thousands of other NCL Jade passengers who are booked on either the Feb. 17th or the Feb. 27th Jade cruise, would tell you to quit your whining and don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  NCL has offered absolutely nothing to us, and I'm sure many of us would absolutely love the opportunity to receive a credit that could be used on a future cruise.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agree!  and OP likely thought that they were outsmarting the cruise line by NOT purchasing the "cancel at any time" insurance.    

I get so tired of those types, bragging how they "saved" money by not buying insurance and then crying out to the heavens and anyone else who will listen about how the horrid, nasty, blood sucking cruise company isn't making them "whole".

• Like 23

Huh

I really like the shallow thinking from RCCL, they are all bad and dangerous and you are not welcome as customers, now that is shallow and arrogance taking to another level!

"Royal Caribbean said it would not allow people with passports from China, Hong Kong or Macau to board its ships, or anyone who traveled there in the past 15 days."

The various cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella seem to operate independently. Princess has offered very generous compensation for the first two Diamond Princess it has had to cancel - full refund, 100% FCC and reimbursement of travel costs. For cruises further down the track it's a full refund plus 50% FCC.

Also bear in mind that this crisis is still in it's early days and the cruise lines are still coming to grips with the implications and probable rescheduling of itineraries. Some are handling it better than others though. I understand Celebrity denied boarding to some US passengers in Singapore as they transited through HK on their way there. Celebrity refunded their fare but offered no other compensation so those people paid thousands of dollars for a wasted journey. They have something genuine to complain about.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

When I sailed out of San Francisco last September they did not. I would not be surprised if they have been reintroduced.