P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Oh blimey - my nerves are shredded. They didn't deserve it, Lauren James ( who I bigged up so much the other day) was a disgrace, but - the Lionesses are through. Jane xx

Lauren's misfortune in losing her head has caused enormous excitement in our house. We are hoping Esme Morgan (Manchester City) who is my husband's friend's daughter might now get a chance to replace her for the next game. The entire family are in Australia at the moment.  

The girls were lucky today but will certainly need to do better in the next game.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

For a long time football has been spoiled by time wasting, last minute substitutions and Feigned injuries with only minimal extra time allowed.

There was 15 minutes extra time in the second half because all of the time wasting was properly recorded.

This is a new EFL rule which is good imo.

Graham xx

I agree with you Graham. The only teams who will object will be those whose players are not fit enough to play another ten minutes or those whose debatable tactics are responsible for bringing this about. Neither should be listened to. A certain team in a north Staffordshire scored two goals on Saturday in the seven scheduled minutes added time to the first half which turned out to be nine minutes. Last season, no more two minutes would have been added.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good to see the profile of women’s sport being raised by these ladies. With USA out they must be strong contenders to win.

I watched the men’s cycle race yesterday and will be interested to see if the women’s race next week gets the same coverage.

Having just battled my way home from Glasgow city centre (chaotic) I wish I could share your enthusiasm for the Cycling Championships!    I do, however, like the sound of your girlie feast this afternoon, particularly as I’m sure it will be washed down with a nice glass or two of wine.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Having just battled my way home from Glasgow city centre (chaotic) I wish I could share your enthusiasm for the Cycling Championships!    I do, however, like the sound of your girlie feast this afternoon, particularly as I’m sure it will be washed down with a nice glass or two of wine.  

Re the wine how did you guess. Day drinking and on a Monday! We don’t get together too often so it’s a good excuse.

Yes I’ve read about all the traffic issues it seems to have caused. Lots of comments about it on radio Scotland this morning. Must be a nuisance traffic wise.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This makes interesting reading.

Screenshot_20230807_193242.jpg

22,601 at Stoke and I was the one! 🫣

It will be interesting to see what they are on the last day of the season.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Morning ,hope everyone's ok 🙂 A bit cool this morning 11.c here but dry.

I'm home alone this morning as Mrs K was up off and out taking eldest Granddaughter

to the Hozzie for a scan of our Great grandkid to be in a couple of months 🙂

The mum to be is faring well but her Pre-eclampsia ?? reading was rising but I'm sure 

the Hozzie staff will be on top of that at this stage of play.

This scan will tell us her weight and lots of other things they can work out from it .

Medical science is mind bending these days ,I was reading an article about research

at Porton Down and how they are preparing base vaccines for infections that do not 

even exist yet 😲

I think my Mam was a pioneer of this sort of thing , as a kid she would say ..

"Before you even think about it ,don't do it or you will end up with a smack laddie ."

How the hell did she know what I was going to do before I did ??

Well that cuppa and toast won't make itself  !  Have a good day -Take care 😀

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's ok 🙂 A bit cool this morning 11.c here but dry.

I'm home alone this morning as Mrs K was up off and out taking eldest Granddaughter

to the Hozzie for a scan of our Great grandkid to be in a couple of months 🙂

The mum to be is faring well but her Pre-eclampsia ?? reading was rising but I'm sure 

the Hozzie staff will be on top of that at this stage of play.

This scan will tell us her weight and lots of other things they can work out from it .

Medical science is mind bending these days ,I was reading an article about research

at Porton Down and how they are preparing base vaccines for infections that do not 

even exist yet 😲

"Before you even think about it ,don't do it or you will end up with a smack laddie ."

Well that cuppa and toast won't make itself  !  Have a good day -Take care 😀

Hope all goes well for your daughter today Kalos. It's good that Mrs Kalos is with her. Daughters of any age will always want their mums with them!  Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 8

Good morning all it’s 15 c here this morning, other half has just come back from his power walk 🥴 sometimes I wonder why because he looks a wreck on return but he’s trying to be fit so we can spend his pension longer😂.

Over the past few days I’ve booked two cruises one on queen Elizabeth going to Hong Kong to Alaska and one on princess San Francisco to Alaska but that one is in 2025 .

we’re currently on our pre cruise diets now for our next one in a few weeks to the Mediterranean, looking forward to doing Rome this time because it was 17 years ago we were there with our 11 year old son and he didn’t fancy walking around in the heat and just wanted ice creams, so this time catching the fast train into Rome and lots of extensive walking while we can .

Off to the golf range in a bit taking the grandchildren well 3 of them anyway , they all have their own clubs and we buy them a bucket of balls each to get their swings right and to waste a few hours away from the parents, apart from that it’s another lazy day then . Have a good day everyone 

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

Mums have a sixth sense kalos.......................

and eyes in the back of our head. 👀

Avril

• Haha 10

Good morning all.

Another nice day again. Two in row, we are being spoilt and it's only August😁

I've read @Purdey16 plans for the day and we've nothing as interesting planned, just usual chores and continuing the garden revamp. 

I'm hope all is well with your Grandaughter @kalos Will this be your first great-grandchild?

Have a lovely day everyone whether on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 4

We have our grandson 3 days this week,  planning some bowling, ice skating,  third day say just lazing about. Weather too wet for  picnics though may get a long walk in. Do like planning  days out, can only plan so manyholidays,unfortunately 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning all.

Another nice day again. Two in row, we are being spoilt and it's only August😁

I've read @Purdey16 plans for the day and we've nothing as interesting planned, just usual chores and continuing the garden revamp. 

I'm hope all is well with your Grandaughter @kalos Will this be your first great-grandchild?

Have a lovely day everyone whether on land or sea.

Avril

Yes ,22 years ago I was holding our grand daughter and now ..

Came as a pleasant surprise when she told me I was going to be a great grandad !

• Like 9

Back to dull drizzly weather again, after two reasonably nice days. 

Kalos, Hope all goes well for your granddaughter at the hospital today.

Struggling to do anything online this morning, as our internet is on a go slow😒.

I've nothing planned for today, but everyone sounds as though they have a busy day ahead. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yes ,22 years ago I was holding our grand daughter and now ..

Came as a pleasant surprise when she told me I was going to be a great grandad !

We have two great-grandchildren. A girl 11 and a boy 4. I thought being a Grandma was the best feeling, but a great-grandma is even better. Wonderful times ahead kalos for you and Mrs K.

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just a word about travel insurance. I know some on here are around my age, 77, and with medical conditions travel insurance prices are rather expensive. After reading advice on this site I opened a Nationwide Flexiplus account which is £13 a month. Amongst it's benefits is worldwide travel insurance. I have activated mine and in addition to the £13 a month, £156 a year, I paid an additional £176 for myself and my wife who is 65, this includes cruise cover. Total £332. The lady who went through our medical conditions was very thorough and pleasant. I went on a comparison site and the cheapest quote, like for like was £936 !!!  I didn't change my bank, just opened an additional account with Nationwide.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Just a word about travel insurance. I know some on here are around my age, 77, and with medical conditions travel insurance prices are rather expensive. After reading advice on this site I opened a Nationwide Flexiplus account which is £13 a month. Amongst it's benefits is worldwide travel insurance. I have activated mine and in addition to the £13 a month, £156 a year, I paid an additional £176 for myself and my wife who is 65, this includes cruise cover. Total £332. The lady who went through our medical conditions was very thorough and pleasant. I went on a comparison site and the cheapest quote, like for like was £936 !!!  I didn't change my bank, just opened an additional account with Nationwide.

Thanks for that info, I have been wondering if I should try this route, and your post is most useful.

As regards the account, what strings if any are attached, do you have to maintain a certain deposit, or have a minimum usage rate?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

We looked into Nationwide Flex Account for the travel insurance earlier this year.  In addition to what you've mentioned they also include a good level of AA cover.

I got a quote for the additions we need for travel insurance, and they came in at a similar price to what we paid for Staysure last year, however, the Nationwide quote included extra days as we are on Arcadia's Worldie. 

Will taking up the Flex Account later this year to coincide with my RAC non-renewal.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Thanks for that info, I have been wondering if I should try this route, and your post is most useful.

As regards the account, what strings if any are attached, do you have to maintain a certain deposit, or have a minimum usage rate?

No strings that I can see or encountered. I opened with £100 so I didn't have to keep toping it up for monthly payment.  The cover up to 31 days and you pay an addition for extra nights

Edited by bobstheboy
Additional information.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3