P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Overcast here this morning around 8C, strong winds and showers forecast for this afternoon, so my volunteering shift will be spent mostly indoors. What we don’t need is more rain, we already have a few areas roped off due to mud. 

• Like 5

Forecast is for rain today, but looking out of the window it is quite bright, but overcast, windy and dry.

Seagulls are becoming a nuisance again.  My son went out yesterday and left his bedroom window open and a packet of sweets on the windowsill. He came back and found to find a gull on the kitchen roof below his room trying to get into the packet! 🙄

A trip to Tesco is on the cards for me this morning, to stock up on wine as they have 25% off six bottles or more plus my 15% discount.  "Every little helps" as they say!

Have a good day.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been to Tesco this morning too and when I saw the wine offer I bought 6 bottles red to top up our wine rack.  Too good an offer to miss 🍷🍷

Just got back from our home from home wine merchants having stocked up. Maybe not as cheap as Tesco but always nice and good value.

• Like 3

I can not believe it. I bought a pair of jeans online from M&S for collection from my local store. The jeans were late because of some online IT problems. This morning I received an email thanking me for returning the jeans and saying they would refund my credit card. Arrgh! I have immediately re-ordered. This could be interesting 🙄

• Like 5

Good afternoon all.

Well I think I may be having one of those days where it begins badly and gradually gets worse as the the day goes on😬

I got up this morning to another year closer to 80. Came downstairs to make a coffee and knocked the full jar all over the kitcken floor and worktop. Cleared it all up, opened a new jar and tried again, took it into the front room with me and opened my cards, so far so good🤞

Picked up my mobile to send thank you messages.......... No connection, tried again, still no joy. Rebooted it..... twice , still nothing. Everything else was working except EE network. My daughter's phone, also EE was fine.  The problem was with my mobile.

My children and grandchildren put together and bought me a new mobile for my birthday, and there-in lies the problem. My new phone needed a smaller sim card so one was ordered from EE and all my data transferred obviously......However....I was assured that I would be able to use my old mobile until my new sim arrived as I needed it to access my bank. Sim ordered yesterday, no network this morning. 🤬

Love the phone, now I just have wait for the sim, so I can pay the end of month bills. Good thing I did my Asda order yesterday morning😉

Oh well, at least I healthily made it to 77😊😁

Enjoy your day everyone whether on land or sea.x

From a very frustrated

Avril

• Like 23

Happy Birthday, Avril  Just a youngster.  Sorry to read about your bad start to the day, hopefully it will improve!   Have yourself a treat of some kind - indeed, there could be one coming anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday Avril 🎂 🎈 🎉 

Remember the song Things Can Only Get Better 🎶 🤞

We have weak sunshine but that nagging wind is still around 😠

297FE73A-C66D-44E1-967E-67A653B4CB94.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good afternoon all.

Well I think I may be having one of those days where it begins badly and gradually gets worse as the the day goes on😬

I got up this morning to another year closer to 80. Came downstairs to make a coffee and knocked the full jar all over the kitcken floor and worktop. Cleared it all up, opened a new jar and tried again, took it into the front room with me and opened my cards, so far so good🤞

Picked up my mobile to send thank you messages.......... No connection, tried again, still no joy. Rebooted it..... twice , still nothing. Everything else was working except EE network. My daughter's phone, also EE was fine.  The problem was with my mobile.

My children and grandchildren put together and bought me a new mobile for my birthday, and there-in lies the problem. My new phone needed a smaller sim card so one was ordered from EE and all my data transferred obviously......However....I was assured that I would be able to use my old mobile until my new sim arrived as I needed it to access my bank. Sim ordered yesterday, no network this morning. 🤬

Love the phone, now I just have wait for the sim, so I can pay the end of month bills. Good thing I did my Asda order yesterday morning😉

From a very frustrated

Avril

Happy birthday sis,unforgivable for your bro to forget,bro.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Avril ,first you spill the coffee and now you sill the beans that it is your birthday 

so now you have let the cat out of the bag as well ... 

image.gif.851876646949091c273bfe2d513c2d64.gif😀😀❤️

Birthdays are good for your health

Studies have shown that people with more birthdays live longer.🙃

Have a good day 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

From a very frustrated

Avril

Happy birthday Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just got back from our home from home wine merchants having stocked up. Maybe not as cheap as Tesco but always nice and good value.

We stocked up last week at our favourite wine merchants., as you say not as cheap as Tesco etc but well worth a visit as the supermarkets don't stock my favourite wine.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Looks like we will be joining you megabear we booked our tickets today , I never knew they done things like this , so we’re having a day out in Southampton.

Just got the message re the new timings, looks like she's going to be quite a bit later if we now board at 5.00pm.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@Adawn47 Happy Birthday Avril…….

Each birthday achieved is a privilege.
Enjoy the day and hopefully you have some celebrations planned.

Gill x🎂🎈🎊🎁🎉

I do Gill.............. cartwheels down the hall when my sim card is delivered🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🎺😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good afternoon all.

From a very frustrated

Avril

Must be all the best people having a birthday today, another Taurus, personally think it’s all a load of bull. I’m expecting a parade led by trombones later along with the family for pizza and wine in the garden, just hoping the weather stays kind.

• Like 13

IMG-20240428-WA0010.thumb.jpg.c4853ce85632640eb3be84e69fc5556a.jpgCouldn't resist posting this pic, hope it makes you smile. Cheddar is practising her Dobby ears and looking rather guilty about something?

Edited by Rupert2251
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Just got the message re the new timings, looks like she's going to be quite a bit later if we now board at 5.00pm.

Thank you megabear I didn’t get a email so phoned up and it wen5 to my spam email, all sorted now .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I can not believe it. I bought a pair of jeans online from M&S for collection from my local store. The jeans were late because of some online IT problems. This morning I received an email thanking me for returning the jeans and saying they would refund my credit card. Arrgh! I have immediately re-ordered. This could be interesting 🙄

I ordered a top for collection for my daughters birthday from mands. Had a text to say it was delayed by up to 48hrs. Left it the 2 days hadn't heard anything so phoned my local store they said it was showing up either lost or damaged, so they ordered me another one. Had an e-mail to say I wouldn't be charged. Few days later I had another e-mail saying thank you for your return we will process a refund.🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grandad John said:

Must be all the best people having a birthday today, another Taurus, personally think it’s all a load of bull. I’m expecting a parade led by trombones later along with the family for pizza and wine in the garden, just hoping the weather stays kind.

A very happy birthday from one Taurean to another.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

IMG-20240428-WA0010.thumb.jpg.c4853ce85632640eb3be84e69fc5556a.jpgCouldn't resist posting this pic, hope it makes you smile. Cheddar is practising her Dobby ears and looking rather guilty about something?

What a beautiful girl. I'm sure you'll discover what she's done soon. How could you not forgive her when she looks like that?

Avril

• Like 7