P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh dear.

I wonder how many were “carrying” the virus on boarding and how many acquired it from their new shipmates

Bad news all round.  
The cruise industry is certainly taking a battering these last two years

Pre-embarkation testing at the port (drivers as well) and those doing B2Bs had to quarantine in their cabins for 4(?) days.

I think it shows how difficult it is to have a totally covid free cruise. 

How many cruises, supposedly covid free, would have discovered cases on board if mid-cruise testing was carried out?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Been having a fairly quiet week. Voluntary work yesterday (no comment 😂) and a bit of packing up of my dining room, getting ready for the new laminate flooring to be laid later this month. Been into the Old Town this morning for a birthday card and wrote it whilst having coffee. Off for a swim & steam shortly and then out for a meal with a group of friends tonight.

I hope you are not fishing for plaudits Andrew as we already have sufficient award winning volunteers. Oh by the way well done😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

HI all,replaced 2 damaged concrete fence posts yesterday.Most of the day digging and breaking out the old concrete.Job done but every muscle in my body was killing me this morning.Anyway just finished loading the car for a 5am start tomorrow,channel tunnel and first stop Thionville on the Mosselle,I;ll bring back some Blue Nun for sis.Will post tomorrow hopefully.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

HI all,replaced 2 damaged concrete fence posts yesterday.Most of the day digging and breaking out the old concrete.Job done but every muscle in my body was killing me this morning.Anyway just finished loading the car for a 5am start tomorrow,channel tunnel and first stop Thionville on the Mosselle,I;ll bring back some Blue Nun for sis.Will post tomorrow hopefully.Cheers,Brian.

Have a safe and uneventful journey to your 2nd home bro. I'll willingly forgo your kind offer of Blue Nun😝 as it could be needed if you your car runs out of fuel.

No no bro please, there's no need to thank me, the pleasure is all mine, honestly.

Buon viaggio bro

Sis

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but thought I might just  post some news about Saga's Spirit of Adventure.

9 days into a 35 day Caribbean round trip,  the ship has turned around and is returning to the UK (exact itinerary unknown) as the high level of Covid cases aboard, currently 158 (so I'm guessing about 10% of pax and crew) means that they cannot dock at any Caribbean island.  

I guess this shows the perils of cruises with a large number of sea days - the potential for infection increases rapidly,  especially if the weather is inclement,  meaning that everyone is cooped up inside.

Makes flying to the Caribbean,  with HEPA filtered air in the aircraft look more atteactive than ever, although I appreciate that many here no longer wish to fly.

I wonder how Ventura is getting on.  Also mid cruise on a 35 night TA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Latest news from Saga is that over 100 pax have tested positive.

That makes it about 1 in 7. Room service will be busy !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Safe travels Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

And of course Aurora set sail on Monday……. Fingers crossed all goes well for them too.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

UK case numbers appear to be on an upward trajectory again.  Won’t say more as I don’t want to be sanctioned.

I hope it’s ok to say there’s still a very high rate of mask wearing round here.

Poor Saga - their accounts must be horrific.  New ships that have laid idle so long, virus, war … eugh! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Safe journey. Bring back some of that nice sunshine.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

UK case numbers appear to be on an upward trajectory again.  Won’t say more as I don’t want to be sanctioned.

I hope it’s ok to say there’s still a very high rate of mask wearing round here.

My daughter has just become one of those numbers.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Captain Darin Bowland has just announced onboard that all passengers will have a full refund 

and will be back in the UK on 9 th March .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Captain Darin Bowland has just announced onboard that all passengers will have a full refund 

and will be back in the UK on 9 th March .

And that refund within 7 days too!  I'm sure that P&O would do exactly the same in that situation too.

Or am I?  😕

• Haha 9

I’m sorry Avril - hope it’s a mild case and she recovers 100% very quickly.  I suppose we have the example of Mrs Queen sailing through it at ?95? without too much apparent difficulty 

So the Saga people (who stay well) will have a free 14 night cruise to nowhere very much? One Madeira or Azores stop?  Not so bad a deal I suppose - I don’t know that I would rush to grab it though.

I hope Emma is much better and will be back home with her pooches soon.  Perhaps we’ll hear from her tomorrow 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

She is young so she should be fine but still a worry for you. Thankfully omicron is supposedly quite mild.

As Emma did not have covid I imagine she may have pneumonia so hopefully better soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

30 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My youngest son as well, after returning from a boys at 50 holiday in Lisbon.

Sending our best wishes to you both that they both have mild symptoms and recover quickly.

Graham.

• Like 4