P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,used to do it in 3 average 8 hr stints,but have been doing 4 6hr stints the last few years.Getting older now and like to sight see in a bit of daylight although this time is the exception.The Christmas markets used to be lovely,cheers,bro.

Have a safe journey home bro, and take care. Maybe you can still post so we know you're both ok. Oh, and don't pick up any strays on the way home🐶😉. Stay safe.

Sis

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Have a safe journey home bro, and take care. Maybe you can still post so we know you're both ok. Oh, and don't pick up any strays on the way home🐶😉. Stay safe.

Sis

Cheers sis,the last supper,Italian fish and chips and lamb chops for my OH.Just before, our neighbour brought round homemade puff pastry with toms,mozz and olive.Also the moistest banana cake.Will post from Tuscany hopefully,lol.bro.

20201113_182306.jpg

20201113_182713.jpg

20201113_182726.jpg

20201119_180738.jpg

20201119_180742.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes ours is open for private prayer too.

You still doing well on the road to recovery?

Thanks.

I feel great but it has affected my voice and I struggle to speak.

Pauline googled this and apparently others have experienced this.

Graham.

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers sis,the last supper,Italian fish and chips and lamb chops for my OH.Just before, our neighbour brought round homemade puff pastry with toms,mozz and olive.Also the moistest banana cake.Will post from Tuscany hopefully,lol.bro.

20201113_182306.jpg

20201113_182713.jpg

20201113_182726.jpg

20201119_180738.jpg

20201119_180742.jpg

Looks delicious!

Have a safe journey Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes safe journey Brian, it’s turned quite a bit colder these last two days you might find it a shock!

I was hoping rules would be relaxed a bit for Christmas but just so that I could have my parents over for dinner not a mad heaving household. It breaks my heart not seeing so much of my grandson so I’d be happy if we could mix just 5 of us (including  the little one who is not school age) one of the days over the weekend and my parents one other day. These people who want mad parties make me cross.

I have been expecting a day of just me and my hubby but if we are allowed to have my parents we will. I respect the rules and always kissed both parents when we part - I haven’t kissed them since March! My mum hugged me one day in the summer and I was a bit shocked but I thought why should I pull away from her. 

My friend’s mother in law is in a home, in her 90’s. Her son and daughter visited by standing outside the window and all 3 were crying, how awful is that? The mum couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t come in and was worried they were cold. So so sad.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

20201113_182306.jpg

20201113_182713.jpg

20201113_182726.jpg

20201119_180738.jpg

20201119_180742.jpg

Everyone's discussing Christmas and you're already on the Last Supper😁 Buon viaggio bro.

Sis

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

My friend’s mother in law is in a home, in her 90’s. Her son and daughter visited by standing outside the window and all 3 were crying, how awful is that

Which is totally wrong and inhumane.  With proper PPE and social distancing there is absolutely no reason why a "proper" visit could not have taken place - the rules are written by those who have no concept of the effect they will have on vulnerable individuals.

Surely someone, somewhere must realise that rules such as these destroy our faith in those who are  introducing them ? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which is totally wrong and inhumane.  With proper PPE and social distancing there is absolutely no reason why a "proper" visit could not have taken place - the rules are written by those who have no concept of the effect they will have on vulnerable individuals.

Surely someone, somewhere must realise that rules such as these destroy our faith in those who are  introducing them ? 

It’s a terrible situation all round. A friend’s sister is a care home manager and she said that her sister is having a real hard time of it.  Still difficult to get hold of certain items of PPE, staffing shortages is a nightmare, and difficulties with testing. A very rural area where it’s just impossible to find qualified staff to make up the numbers. So I can well understand why it’s very difficult to allow “proper” visits. Very sad. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

It’s heartbreaking but I’ve seen reports like this on the news so it’s happening everywhere. My friend said her sister in law was seriously thinking of not going for a while because it was so upsetting.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Eglesbrech.

My voice is slightly better this morning.

Graham.

Morning Graham. Good to hear from you, and that your voice is a bit better. Improvements all the way, each day a little better hopefully.

Have a good day, and hope Nurse Pauline’s OK.

Harry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning Graham. Good to hear from you, and that your voice is a bit better. Improvements all the way, each day a little better hopefully.

Have a good day, and hope Nurse Pauline’s OK.

Harry

Thanks for asking Harry.

We are both well.

Ocean Boy a doctor friend on the RCL boards said a number of his patients who have covid19 he has seen  a few cases of people living with them have not contracted covid19 which is unusual for a contagious virus.

Usually if one of us catches a cold the other gets it within a couple of days.

Graham.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

We are both well.

Ocean Boy a doctor friend on the RCL boards said a number of his patients who have covid19 he has seen  a few cases of people living with them have not contracted covid19 which is unusual for a contagious virus.

Graham.

Glad to hear you are getting better now.

I know someone who got COVID19 back in March and his wife and children were fine.

it seems strange that the people living closest didn’t catch it when it spreads fast with much less contact 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad to hear you are getting better now.

I know someone who got COVID19 back in March and his wife and children were fine.

it seems strange that the people living closest didn’t catch it when it spreads fast with much less contact 

Thank you Dermotsgirl.

I'm delighted Pauline has shown no symptoms especially how close we have been these last 14 days I have had covid19.

• Like 5

Or they are asymptomatic?  The virus enters their body, they are infectious but they feel 100% normal and never get a test.  In time their body neutralises the virus and they are no longer infectious.  They are quite unaware of all this

Haven’t I read something about “superspreaders” who inadvertently infect lots of others

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

We are both well.

Graham.

Glad to hear you're gradually improving Graham, and that Pauline is still well. It's definitely a weird one this covid. My grand-daughter contracted it while working on the covid ward during the first wave and was isolating at home for a week. Neither her husband nor her children caught from her.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Or they are asymptomatic?  The virus enters their body, they are infectious but they feel 100% normal and never get a test.  In time their body neutralises the virus and they are no longer infectious.  They are quite unaware of all this

Haven’t I read something about “superspreaders” who inadvertently infect lots of others

Very possible 

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Glad to hear you're gradually improving Graham, and that Pauline is still well. It's definitely a weird one this covid. My grand-daughter contracted it while working on the covid ward during the first wave and was isolating at home for a week. Neither her husband nor her children caught from her.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I hope your granddaughter has a good immunity from covid19 especially if she is still working on the covid19 ward.

Great news her husband and children were not affected with Covid19.

Stay safe Avril and Frank too.

Graham.

• Like 2

Totally agree with the last few comments. It’s certainly a weird virus. My very good friend has just messaged me. Her son and 2 grandsons live with her and her husband. One of her grandsons has just tested positive after his class was sent home from school (he’s about 7) and she’s waiting for test results for her husband and son as they’re quite ill, sweating and coughing. She is panicking as you can imagine but so far is well.

• Like 2

How this for modern day stress? I’ve ordered a few things online the last few days and also ordered something from ‘click and collect’ from M&S (free postage on click and collect!)

Yesterday I’m working from home when Amazon call. My ‘office’ is my sons old bedroom which luckily is at the front of the house. I open the window and tell him to leave it and I will be down. I dash downstairs, get the parcel, go back upstairs and my work phone is ringing. Phew!

I finish my work, husband gets home from work and we go to the local M&S, lovely and quiet, pick up parcel. This is the first time I’ve been in a shop since the new lockdown started and I’m thrilled to see the Christmas gifts are open, I browse round all excited to see the shiny things! Then I remember I had another parcel due, check my phone and there’s an email telling me it’s been delivered so we go home as we’d left the porch door open and we were a bit nervous. Luckily the parcel was inside the door and he’d pulled the door to so I sent a compliment to the driver!

Today there’s a parcel coming 11-3 , what’s the betting he comes between 1-2 as I start work at 1 and hubby is home from work at just after 2!

Who says internet shopping is less stressful than going to the shops?! I’m not ordering anything for a while 😆 but at least I’ve started the dreaded Christmas shopping.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Who says internet shopping is less stressful than going to the shops?! I’m not ordering anything for a while 😆 but at least I’ve started the dreaded Christmas shopping.

My daughter and her partner have stress free internet shopping sussed - they have it delivered to us!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1