P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We tend to use the one on High Lane, we have friends who love the Packmoor one 🙂 

Strange, once upon a time we all spent our lives debating the quality of food on P&O ships, pros, cons, buffet v traditional dining, cabin service v no cabin service, the other select restaurants to try. Now on Bank Holiday Sunday we are discussing mushy peas and the best chippy. 🤣

We generally shop at Tesco but found their chip shop style mushy peas not to our liking, so we normally bought Bachelors.  Since lockdown we only seem able to get Sainsbury slots, so ordered Bachelors MPs, but not in stock so they supplied their own, and wonder of wonders they are delicious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A couple of weeks ago we had a moorhen family with 5 chicks in our local lake. Very cute. Friday we had a moorhen family with 2 juveniles. Where did the other 3 go. Very sad.

Oh dear 😔

Ours are almost teenagers now -- 3/4 the ize of the parents with a white 'bib' so they should be ok now. 

I could never live my a lake - I'd spend half of my life looking at and counting ducklings !!!! Sadly, not many survive so I'd be a wreck !

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A couple of weeks ago we had a moorhen family with 5 chicks in our local lake. Very cute. Friday we had a moorhen family with 2 juveniles. Where did the other 3 go. Very sad.

Durham? 😇☹️

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

except mushy peas !!!! Where have they all gone ? :classic_ohmy::classic_blink:

Try this. Empty a tin of Bachelors marrowfat peas into a bowl and roughly mash the peas into the liquid. Add salt, vinegar and a (sprinkling of sugar?) to your taste and heat up in the microwave. Just as nice if you're in a bind.

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I think the beautiful sunny weather has spoiled us all, but I think it will be back tomorrow and my mood tends to lift when the sun comes out. 

It's forecast to be lovely from tomorrow onwards. My moods are ruled by the weather too. When it's wet and miserable,  then so am I 

Avril 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Try this. Empty a tin of Bachelors marrowfat peas into a bowl and roughly mash the peas into the liquid. Add salt, vinegar and a (sprinkling of sugar?) to your taste and heat up in the microwave. Just as nice if you're in a bind.

Avril 

The last time Avril gave a recipe away .... :classic_unsure: :classic_biggrin:

andy.jpg.38074fa5249a8a9e292666183cd81832.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, kalos said:

The last time Avril gave a recipe away .... :classic_unsure: :classic_biggrin:

andy.jpg.38074fa5249a8a9e292666183cd81832.jpg

That's not nice kalos. You told me that you'd  enjoyed that meal. I won't cook for you again, and to think I even took time over my appearance too.😡

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

We generally shop at Tesco but found their chip shop style mushy peas not to our liking, so we normally bought Bachelors.  Since lockdown we only seem able to get Sainsbury slots, so ordered Bachelors MPs, but not in stock so they supplied their own, and wonder of wonders they are delicious.

I agree that Tesco own brand ones are not nice but they were Bachelors that I bought, they also had the Harry Ramsden ones but I don't like those either.

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh, I thought he meant he'd actually seen them in Durham.😉😉 Silly me.😆

Avril 

Nothing political about Durham. It's where the pink panther lives😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Nothing political about Durham. It's where the pink panther lives😁

Precisely. Mr.P. Panther is most likely looking after the chicks as well.😊

I'll now watch the briefing to see how the chicks are getting on.😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
  • Haha 2

Well - today has taken a lovely turn. We had a video call with our son, partner and grandson and were told our son proposed today and was accepted! So now we have a wedding to look forward to, probably in 2022 😀🥂🎉 Our 18 month old grandson helped his daddy by presenting the ring 😁

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well - today has taken a lovely turn. We had a video call with our son, partner and grandson and were told our son proposed today and was accepted! So now we have a wedding to look forward to, probably in 2022 😀🥂🎉 Our 18 month old grandson helped his daddy by presenting the ring 😁

That's lovely Sue, congratulations to the happy family... 

We haven't done much, Dominic Cummings popped in for some childcare but apart from that, a lazy day... 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's lovely Sue, congratulations to the happy family... 

We haven't done much, Dominic Cummings popped in for some childcare but apart from that, a lazy day... 

Andy 

Careful Andy. If Dominic Cummings was a politician rather than an adviser this could be seen as political. Unless one of your neighbours shares the name of a well known adviser. More likely of course. No doubt you met him in the park rather than at home as the instructions tell us. Unless you know of a different interpretation of course.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2

What are things like where I am?  People are already talking about ignoring the lockdown rules on the basis that if it's OK for Cummings its OK for everyone else.  

Incredible that he's getting backing after such a clear breach of the rules, and my worry is that it's now going to result in the virus being spread even further by people who now won't bother any more. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Dominic Cummings in trouble after travelling 260 miles during lockdown ??

In Scotland the Proclaimers admitted to walking double that. :classic_wink:

They might struggle to do it nowadays 😊

1 hour ago, batholiver said:

What are things like where I am?  People are already talking about ignoring the lockdown rules on the basis that if it's OK for Cummings its OK for everyone else.  

Incredible that he's getting backing after such a clear breach of the rules, and my worry is that it's now going to result in the virus being spread even further by people who now won't bother any more. 

But we are in this together... 😊😊😊

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's not nice kalos. You told me that you'd  enjoyed that meal. I won't cook for you again, and to think I even took time over my appearance too.😡

Avril 

Being a retired plumber,it's all overflo then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Being a retired plumber,it's all overflo then.

Don't let them feel left out ! 

Let's have a round of applause for British Gas service engineers & Plumbers  !  :classic_smile:

This Friday sometime between 8.00 & 13.00 or 13.00 & 17.00  :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Don't let them feel left out ! 

Let's have a round of applause for British Gas service engineers & Plumbers  !  :classic_smile:

This Friday sometime between 8.00 & 13.00 or 13.00 & 17.00  :classic_unsure:

That's only if we turn up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1