P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Two exciting pieces of news here in Kent - yesterday my husband got some loo rolls!! Hurrah! This was from Tesco and they were enforcing gaps at the tills. 

The second piece of good news is that my manager has sent me an email about sorting out working from home so that will be interesting! Hoping it works, there were questions about my router and a suitable desk. I normally take phone calls so not sure how that part will work, unless I’m doing something different.

Technically I’m on annual leave this week so don’t feel bad I was sent home from work last Thursday for an underlying health condition.

• Like 1

Two exciting pieces of news here in Kent - yesterday my husband got some loo rolls!! Hurrah! This was from Tesco and they were enforcing gaps at the tills. 

The second piece of good news is that my manager has sent me an email about sorting out working from home so that will be interesting! Hoping it works, there were questions about my router and a suitable desk. I normally take phone calls so not sure how that part will work, unless I’m doing something different.
Technically I’m on annual leave this week so don’t feel bad I was sent home from work last Thursday for an underlying health condition.

Great news on both [emoji4] I hope the technicalities in setting it up go smoothly.

I’m also from Kent, I think I’m going to brave the local Sainsbury’s & M&S this afternoon. I’m ok for loo roll but will be going on an egg, milk and bread hunt.
My golden find this week has been my daughter’s eczema cream, on Amazon, cheaper than a prescription, so have bought 2 big pump dispensers, 4 pairs of dry sore hands in our house. 🥴

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. A true saying. I had an Asda delivery today. There were toilet rolls, hand wash and sugar. I only had 4 unavailable items but they weren't important. It certainly did feel like Christmas. I never thought I'd prefer a pack of toilet rolls to a box of chocolates 😆

Our missing items from Asda were random.. Lemons, cooking oil and radishes... 

Everything else was there, unusually delivered in bags and left on the doorstep. 

Andy 

47 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Great news on both emoji4.png I hope the technicalities in setting it up go smoothly.

I’m also from Kent, I think I’m going to brave the local Sainsbury’s & M&S this afternoon. I’m ok for loo roll but will be going on an egg, milk and bread hunt.
My golden find this week has been my daughter’s eczema cream, on Amazon, cheaper than a prescription, so have bought 2 big pump dispensers, 4 pairs of dry sore hands in our house. 🥴

We did the same with our dogs worming treatment. 

The vet emailed us a prescription and ordered online for a third of the price. 

Little 'wins' and all that... 

Andy 

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Great news on both emoji4.png I hope the technicalities in setting it up go smoothly.

That’s great, you can get some great deals on Amazon 😊

My niece who is a nurse but has been off work for the last 2 weeks just texted me to upgrade me to key worker for NHS because she goes back to work on Monday and her husband is also still working.  No grandparents to help because grandad is terminally ill. 

• Like 1

We went to our local Sainsbury’s yesterday afternoon. They were only allowing a certain number of customers in at a time, enforcing gaps at the tills and limiting purchases to 3 of anything. We managed to buy everything that we needed except eggs - there were plenty of loo rolls, but we don’t need any at the moment.

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Our missing items from Asda were random.. Lemons, cooking oil and radishes... 

Everything else was there, unusually delivered in bags and left on the doorstep. 

Andy 

I'll send you some lemons Andy,we're surrounded by them.Gospel truth,we watched a crappy movie on freeview recorder last night.It was a post armagedden world where gangs of peeps were killing each other with axes and crossbows for packets of veggy seeds.I was looking over my shoulder this morning,repotting our tomato seedlings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I went to do the in-laws shopping at our local Sainsbury's this morning. I arrived just after 9am and queued until 9:50am to get in. 

I got nearly all the items on their exotic list (well, it seemed exotic to me as I didn't know where to find half the stuff - grow bag, Chinese Hoisin sauce, coffee whitener.....). I couldn't find turnips or Chinese pancakes.

Normally shopping takes 30-40 minutes for us but finding things you're not used to buying makes it trickier so I didn't get home until 11am. 

Next time I'll go later in the morning and hope that they've had enough of trying Chinese recipes!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I'll send you some lemons Andy,we're surrounded by them.Gospel truth,we watched a crappy movie on freeview recorder last night.It was a post armagedden world where gangs of peeps were killing each other with axes and crossbows for packets of veggy seeds.I was looking over my shoulder this morning,repotting our tomato seedlings.

So far we've watched:

Outbreak

Twelve Monkeys

I am Legend

World War Z

Trying to get (without paying!):

The Omega Man

Soylent Green

The Road

28 Days Later

Juggernaut is on Film4 this afternoon, Virus over the weekend

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

So far we've watched:

Outbreak

Twelve Monkeys

I am Legend

World War Z

Trying to get (without paying!):

The Omega Man

Soylent Green

The Road

28 Days Later

Juggernaut is on Film4 this afternoon, Virus over the weekend

LOL, when we drive back from December till March,we take the recorder with us and tape all the c4 and 5 movies.This one sounded good ,"The Survivalist",it was pants.Some good ones though.Only 21 pages of stuff to watch now.We subscribe to transponder tv which gives us access to all UK tv.At least you can get out for a walk over there.We're under house arrest,lol.

• Like 1

Just got back from Sainsbury’s, queued for 45 minutes but managed to get everything I needed except frozen peas & soap bars.

Their queuing system was good but could have done with a one way system up the aisles, some people don’t seem to know what 2metres looks like!

• Like 3

Our local Sainsburys is now only allowing 1 customer in the shop at a time. My grandson managed to find me a small jar of honey in there today. I was over the moon. The things that you used to take for granted now seem to be much  more important now. It's been a sunny but cold day here.  Quite a shock to the system after the last couple of days. Lets hope for a better day tomorrow. Keep smiling all.😊

Hope everyone's well.

Avril 

• Like 1

Well we would normally eat out on a Friday night at a local restaurant but tonight I have made a couple of different curry’s and we will have them along with a beer or two instead.

Life goes on and we just need to adjust to the rules that are in place and make the best. Have a good weekend.

• Like 2

Worked this morning and braved Sainsbury's this afternoon, suburb of Worcester.  Had to queue in the sunshine for only about two minutes, they were letting a few in at a time. 

Shopping for our neighbours who are in receipt of the "12 week" letter.  Was doing fabulously till I spotted on their list..... "calabrese"  I confess, I knew it was a vegetable, but which one?   Asked the young lad stocking up the vegetables (from the required distance) - blank looks, but a lady heard me and shouted that it was....... broccoli.  Unfortunately they didn't have any after all that.    Note to self - check the list first!

Shelves were reasonably well stocked but no tinned veg. pasta, eggs etc, and no loo rolls.  

Have a good weekend, all and stay safe and well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Worked this morning and braved Sainsbury's this afternoon, suburb of Worcester.  Had to queue in the sunshine for only about two minutes, they were letting a few in at a time. 

Shopping for our neighbours who are in receipt of the "12 week" letter.  Was doing fabulously till I spotted on their list..... "calabrese"  I confess, I knew it was a vegetable, but which one?   Asked the young lad stocking up the vegetables (from the required distance) - blank looks, but a lady heard me and shouted that it was....... broccoli.  Unfortunately they didn't have any after all that.    Note to self - check the list first!

Shelves were reasonably well stocked but no tinned veg. pasta, eggs etc, and no loo rolls.  

Have a good weekend, all and stay safe and well.

I thought Calabrese was spicy Italian sausage?

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought Calabrese was spicy Italian sausage?

Anything Calabrese is normally spicy.I've seen the purple broccoli here,didn't know it was called Calabrese.

Edited by brian1

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

There are lots of lovely Calabrese broccoli recipes and it’s easy to grow.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/vegetables/Calabrese

Our fruit and veg man comes round once a week and he just calls it broccoli,which obviously is an Italian word.We are the garden of Italy here.I suppose it's the same as peeps that live in Brussles,they just ask for sprouts.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our fruit and veg man comes round once a week and he just calls it broccoli,which obviously is an Italian word.We are the garden of Italy here.I suppose it's the same as peeps that live in Brussles,they just ask for sprouts.

I envy you where you live.

We have always loved our Italian holidays and have visited a lot of the country over the years. So much so that I even tried to learn a bit of Italian but it’s a very hard language, all these letter changes at the end of words making them almost unrecognisable!

My feeble attempts at the language get as far as ordering food and drinks. I understand more than I speak.

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I envy you where you live.

We have always loved our Italian holidays and have visited a lot of the country over the years. So much so that I even tried to learn a bit of Italian but it’s a very hard language, all these letter changes at the end of words making them almost unrecognisable!

My feeble attempts at the language get as far as ordering food and drinks. I understand more than I speak.

You'd do better than me,with the way the Scots roll their R's.It's a lovely region,the Italians don't appreciate it with their flytipping and dog poo everywhere.The UK was the same 50 years ago.We have a unique site with an ancient Roman city,an ancient Greek city and a Norman cathedral built in 1065 all next to each other. We also discovered a hot sulphur spring last year that only the locals frequent,fantastico.

• Like 1

I have done the Tesco run this morning. They were letting one in as one came out but because I was there early I was in and out quickly.  The only thing that I didn't get was yeast but I have a little in the cupboard so I will try again next week.  Most people were respecting the 2 metre rule but I was irritated by people who were letting their children run around ignoring the the 2 metre rule.

• Like 6