Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She, unfortunately, was crushed by a sanitation truck one block from our house.  It was six years ago and we are still dealing with the aftermath.  The driver was just out of drug rehab and should not have been driving.  She was 91 but so active and still driving.  They said I have PTSD from trying to pretend it never happened 😢

That breaks my heart, I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks for writing this.I am on 2.5 mg .I took it this morning .It lowered my BP from 202/86 to 149/73 two hours later.When I took my BP in the afternoon it was back up to 182/82 .Two hours ago it was 154/83.

Don't be surprised if your first prescription does not work as desired and needs to be changed.  There are several different types of BP medicine, attacking the problem in different ways.  They originally had me on 5 mg of Amlodipine (aka Norvasc, a calcium channel blocker) and 5 mg of lisinopril (an ACE Inhibitor).  That mix didn't work well enough and they shifted me to 10 mg Amlodipine, which seems to be doing the trick for me.  Everyone is different though and Amlodipine may not work well for you.

• Like 1

@lenquixote66 - A couple of other things to pass on, that learned when I went to the ER for a really high BP.  First, the anxiety of taking a BP reading, especially when you know you have high BP, can cause a higher reading.  Try taking deep breaths to relax before taking a reading yourself.  Second, hold your arm out straight when taking a reading, rather than allowing it to hang at your side.  I think this affects how hard the heart has to work and is a more accurate (and I think also lower?) reading.  Maybe one of the medical professionals here can confirm the correct way to take a reading at home.  Good luck.  They should have you dialed in shortly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Gloomy but warm today. Should be in 80's next week

This is the time of year when it would be nice to be further south.  Only 61 right now on Amelia Island with highs in the low 60s and light rain for the next couple of days.  Still better than the current 35 degrees where I live in Ohio.

14 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Congratulations to you too, Mrs Gut and I het 40 in August,the woman deserves a medal

I know Lisa does.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We survived 35 this past June

17 years married and 23 years together. Definitely a medal is deserved here. 

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are another August.   Celebrated our 40th last August 2.  It was also the anniversary of our first cruise aboard the SS Norway.

July 24, 2003. Our honeymoon was Alaska southbound in the Dawn Princess. Your know, our one and only cruise. 😆 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

She, unfortunately, was crushed by a sanitation truck one block from our house.  It was six years ago and we are still dealing with the aftermath.  The driver was just out of drug rehab and should not have been driving.  She was 91 but so active and still driving.  They said I have PTSD from trying to pretend it never happened 😢

That was awful Marietta.

Words cannot say how sorry we are to hear this very sad news.

Love from us both.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We are part of the January anniversary group. Is there one for December because we can join that too. We planned our wedding for January 15 and the prior November we moved from FL to CA. A few days before Christmas we were bored and jumped on a plane to Vegas and got married on Dec 24. Three weeks later we flew back to Fl for our actual wedding. We didn't tell people for years. We celebrate both dates and have survived 32 years together.

We have two months as well, February and June.  Married in February by a JofP because the military wouldn't assign us together (both Active Duty) if we weren't married, and my DH was due to go back over to Germany.  Wedded in June, because my mom (and I!) really wanted a June wedding :-).  37 years this year!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good luck.  Trying to get an appointment is like trying to win the lottery 😷

This system seems to work pretty good. The county health department couldn't figure out how to set up a  system, so the Governor worked with Publix and it is not without some issues, it still worked.  And we don't have to go somewhere with thousands of other people to get the shot.

• Like 3