Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My top 5 favorite female singers are Whitney Houston,Barbra Streisand ,Grace Slick,Janis Joplin and one that nobody has ever heard of Melissa League.

For me, Americas Queen and national treasure Dolly Parton, Dionne Warwick, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My top 5 favorite female singers are Whitney Houston,Barbra Streisand ,Grace Slick,Janis Joplin and one that nobody has ever heard of Melissa League.

I had Janis Joplin specifically in mind when I said that I was basing my list purely on vocal talent.  Janis puts on a great performance and puts her soul into her singing.  Her voice is very unique, but I wouldn't call it classically beautiful.  She might make my top 10 if I broaden my thinking to best female singing performer.  Sounds a lot like our previous discussion about Bob Dylan.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:
14 hours ago, davekathy said:

I Believe In Father Christmas...Greg Lake

One of my favorites of all time.

Slightly different "Father Christmas" song, from The Kinks. 😄

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DS2 and his family asked for latkes.... DH happily complied 😁

[A latke is a type of potato pancake or fritter in Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine that is traditionally prepared to celebrate Hanukkah. ]

245f64e8-9261-445f-9c82-e52fdaff77d8.thumb.JPG.20aa8bbca43b20dd0e2fb5d42cd674d9.JPG

Finally I think I’m going to be able to post!

I’ve been stuck in a CC morass for hours. 
shows I’m signed in but in order to post or even react, I have to sign in. Wouldn’t let me sign in because I was already signed in. 
Went 20 years on CC without a problem!

Anyway, about latkes!!

I keep frozen ones from the Kosher section of our Publix grocery freezer in our freezer for when I get a craving. 
Which is every couple of months. 
Latkes, butter, and applesauce and I’m happy. 
Closest I can get to my father’s potato pancakes!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd put Celine in my top 5 female singers along with Adele, Whitney Houston, and Barbra Streisand.  I'll only list 4 here to leave room for someone who I may have missed.  Maybe Christina Aguilera?  Maybe Lady Gaga?  Maybe Aretha Franklin?  I'm judging based purely on vocal tone, range, clarity and power.  

Diana Ross.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

For me, Americas Queen and national treasure Dolly Parton, Dionne Warwick, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand 

The only one I ever saw live in concert was Aretha Franklin.I met Whitney once but she did not sing.Dolly Parton and Dionne Warwick were not singers that I ever listened to.

18 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We tested negative for covid today and board Harmony on Sunday. So excited to be cruising!

Great news!  Enjoy your cruise tomorrow!

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Funny, cute story.   I recently shopped for auto and home insurance, I  do that every couple of years, and I spoke with a local agent and he told me my Mom was his English teacher in junior high school and he had a huge crush on her.

That is so sweet!  One of the teachers I worked with years ago was (and is) such a sweet and loving person, her class would always have kids crying on the last day of school.

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Road Runner was awesome.

Oh yes, he was!!!!  I loved watching him!

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

How ironic to lose two family members on my birthday.

How awful to lose two family members on your birthday.

January is the month I lost my 32 year old nephew years ago.  I lost one of my brothers in January years later, and another of my brothers a few years ago, also during the month of January.  The second of my brothers was a twin, and it was pretty hard on his twin. 

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DS2 and his family asked for latkes.... DH happily complied 😁

I Love latkes!!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had Janis Joplin specifically in mind when I said that I was basing my list purely on vocal talent.  Janis puts on a great performance and puts her soul into her singing.  Her voice is very unique, but I wouldn't call it classically beautiful.  She might make my top 10 if I broaden my thinking to best female singing performer.  Sounds a lot like our previous discussion about Bob Dylan.

In my opinion there was only one Janis Joplin,the closest ever that I saw in concert was Melissa League.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

@h20skibum Lucy is so pretty.  That is why we use Chewy now.  

I thought of you, Keksie, with your Chewy Fedex story.  My grandsons Christmas present was due to arrive on November 27th.  Of course it hasn't arrived yet.  It came from California, shipped to Newark, NJ. went to Pa. went from there to Mo., went back to Pa, back to Newark, and back to Pa.  Unbelievable!  My granddaughter's gift was supposed to arrive yesterday, and I get texts from the company I ordered it from.  Text told me it was coming yesterday.  Next, a text told me the 4th;  um, no, now it's coming on the 6th.  (again, it is coming by Fedex.....or is it?????)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm "drilling" holes in the cake with the aid of a wooden spoon handle, and pour down ganache (beside pouring on the cake).

That sounds decadent, Dani!  Yummy!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

DONE!6657F179-723E-4EB0-82AF-B576ABC0A089.thumb.jpeg.9a6b398139753d7ff4fd0f597fe5a270.jpeg

Marietta, is that a Jack Demyan picture on the wall?

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had Janis Joplin specifically in mind when I said that I was basing my list purely on vocal talent.  Janis puts on a great performance and puts her soul into her singing.  

I loved Janis so much!!!!  Sad that she had such a sad life, and succumbed to her drug overdose.

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Finally I think I’m going to be able to post! 
Closest I can get to my father’s potato pancakes!

My Mom also made the best potato pancakes!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great news in an email I got today.  Baby "Mighty Kennedy" arrived home today, for the very first time in his 308 day life, after so many operations and procedures.  He met his two older sisters for the first time, and they've already introduced him to the Grinch and Mickey.  There's still a long road ahead for Kennedy and his family, but so much happiness for this little Miracle.

Thank you all for your prayers!❤️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great news in an email I got today.  Baby "Mighty Kennedy" arrived home today, for the very first time in his 308 day life, after so many operations and procedures.  He met his two older sisters for the first time, and they've already introduced him to the Grinch and Mickey.  There's still a long road ahead for Kennedy and his family, but so much happiness for this little Miracle.

Fantastic news Maryann.

Prayers for Baby Mighty Kennedys good health and full recovery.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That would be something,a pregnant man.😀

OK, my secondary diagnosis (of course I know better) is you are an 11 year old boy.  I remember a MAD magazine series about ordering from a restaurant menu through the ages.  I think the first was “I assure you, young man, you have NOT been given a child’s portion.”  Next in age was “Let me get this straight, you want both hot fudge AND butterscotch sauce on your french fried potatoes?”  Aged 20’s was “As far as I know, none of our vegetables are purchased from militant farmers exploiting poor migrant farm workers.”  Later “I appreciate your ordering in French sir, but you have just requested an oven roasted tractor.”  MAD used to be so very funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd put Celine in my top 5 female singers along with Adele, Whitney Houston, and Barbra Streisand.  I'll only list 4 here to leave room for someone who I may have missed.  Maybe Christina Aguilera?  Maybe Lady Gaga?  Maybe Aretha Franklin?  I'm judging based purely on vocal tone, range, clarity and power.  

We were on a cruise with a woman who did an Aretha Franklin tribute.  I did not know that Luciano Pavarotti once asked Aretha to step in for him and sing Nessum Dorma.  I Googled it; unbelievably wonderful.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That is very good news!

• Like 1