Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been away from then since Thursday.   I may see them when we get home later but it is forcast to start pouring about the time we get home.  Most were looking good.  The ones that looked iffy I planted more seeds around and will wait a few weeks to see what does better.  Am I remembering correctly?   Did you say you planted Harbonaro plants? 

Yes, I did plant harbonaros.  I like hot peppers and they are not too hot.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in AC.  Last night after losing all day, I hit for $2400.00!!!!!!!!On my favorite machine!!!!

Debbie, hope Eric is better.  You too Lenny.

Congratulations!!!   Just enough to book another cruise or payment for Oasis sailing. 🤩

Eric got lots of rest and now doing yard work, but cranky😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I did plant harbonaros.  I like hot peppers and they are not too hot.  

I grew them for my SIL last year.   They produced very well.  I asked him if I should grow him more this year and he said they were too hot for him.  He eats lots of jalapenos and other peppers. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, Ava looks fabulous!  Sweet and so grown up.  I'm so glad her hospital stay is behind her so that she can have a wonderful prom

Thank you so much, Bonnie!

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c998e6e58d0836e78f6152b1cd4a4bae.jpeg

Welcome Luca.  She sure is pretty!

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Love that the grandkids concerts and events are back!  Nice finale!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No real recipe for rum punch.  Kinda winging it.   I put peach juice, mango juice, some OJ, splashes of lime juice and Kraken into a pitcher then pour into large glass with ice and add splash of Kraken ontop.  

Most make with pineapple juice in the mix but I don't have right now.   I figure pirates winged it so I'll be fine.   It is actually pretty good.  

This sounds delicious.  I love the Kraken also, thanks to Greg for introducing it to us all!😉

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Beautiful young lady.

Congratulations.

Thank you, Sue!!

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just saw it now (sleepless night again…) and meant to notify you…. Well, for now we cruise with X, don’t mind about RC 😬

I'm banking on you getting some well deserved sleep once you're on board, Dani!!😴

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Ava Jude is lovely Maryann.

I'm pleased she is home and well now.

Graham.

Thank you so much, Graham.  Your are so sweet!

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

As we were walking, two baby wrens took off from the deep grass.  It was obvious they were just learning to fly.  One of them was flying right toward my face, and not veering off from the flight path.  As it gets closer and closer, I step to my right and tilt my head to the right to avoid a collision.  As I did this, my shoulder went up, and it landed on my shoulder and sat there.  Now, I am starting to feel like a pirate, with a parrot substitute.  

Pretty cool, Mark!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can't tell what I'm looking at.  Did an emergency vehicle take out your side view mirror?

Hit and run by fire truck!  My DH was stopped at a red light and a fire truck came up on the left side to take a left turn. Back of truck took out the mirror. They didn’t even know they hit him. He followed them and beeped at them. They stopped because they thought he was having a medical emergency and needed help. A8A5FF06-6BB5-41FE-8880-264DF90C56AC.thumb.jpeg.b1cd0e3c746abf1ca9d915f6c26005fc.jpeg

610FE4F9-18EE-4FA9-B89C-008A03ACAEE7.thumb.jpeg.2ab4da489aefda8abe8339f934ddba48.jpeg

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were invited to Grandparents day at their academy.   It is pre kindergarten through 4th grade.  Each grade sang some musical.

That is really nice that Grandparents day is back.  They have breakfast or lunch with the grandparents at our grandkids school.  We will luck out on two accounts..

First, we will get breakfast with our granddaughter and lunch with our grandson.

Second, it is scheduled on one of the two days we are home, after we get off our cruise, and before we fly to California to bring our other grandson here for the summer.

We did see a video of our CA grandson’s concert with 4th and 5th grades.  He plays the viola.   They were actually very good.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was a great week on an awesome ship. Couldn't have had better weather once the wind settled down. Every aspect of this sailing, other than still somewhat reduced capacity, was like pre-covid times. The shows are all up and running. Mamma Mia was fantastic. Though some people chose to wear masks, they were few and far between on the ship and the same can be said for the ports of call as well as the airport.

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us, and helping me to reminisce my time on Allure!

Get home safely, OB!

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

According to this, the best thing to eat at a Blue Jays game is Sausage Poutine.  Probably also not on Canada's food guide.

The Best Food at Every MLB Ballpark Across America

Crab Dip anything sounds pretty awesome to me!!  Yum!

I also am looking forward to trying Poutine on my Canada cruise this Fall!😉

• Like 2

Although I should be calling this next post HUMBLE PIE.    

Realizing how selfish I was In not sharing a recipe a few months back. And so many kind hearted people comforted me during these past few months during my many trials and tribulations. But most recently; as I dealt with the loss of our dear Carrie. 

I want to take the time to be a true friend in return and share a family recipe. Now mind you copy cat ones can be found on line. But this one is unique. 

To begin with my moms original paper recipe. 

Followed by how we found after many trial and errors the directions. 

Enjoy. We do. 

280B8EDB-F60A-47B6-B9D8-40914B6373F6.jpeg

217F89C3-74A4-40AE-9A9A-B5DD3DC3908D.jpeg

BAE73DBF-10D7-412A-860D-D3B301257BAC.jpeg

E6CC8D0B-42C2-4F39-A5CF-A8544DBF8DA7.jpeg

2F6985D1-B3AA-48E2-B6CA-087D40B30D5C.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I second that

Thank you, Marietta!🌹

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in AC.  Last night after losing all day, I hit for $2400.00!!!!!!!!On my favorite machine!!!!

Debbie, hope Eric is better.  You too Lenny.

That is awesome!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric got lots of rest and now doing yard work, but cranky😁

Uh oh!  I hope he feels better sooner rather than later...

33 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Hit and run by fire truck!  My DH was stopped at a red light and a fire truck came up on the left side to take a left turn. Back of truck took out the mirror. They didn’t even know they hit him. He followed them and beeped at them. They stopped because they thought he was having a medical emergency and needed help. A8A5FF06-6BB5-41FE-8880-264DF90C56AC.thumb.jpeg.b1cd0e3c746abf1ca9d915f6c26005fc.jpeg

610FE4F9-18EE-4FA9-B89C-008A03ACAEE7.thumb.jpeg.2ab4da489aefda8abe8339f934ddba48.jpeg

So sorry this happened.☹️

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

First, we will get breakfast with our granddaughter and lunch with our grandson.

Second, it is scheduled on one of the two days we are home, after we get off our cruise, and before we fly to California to bring our other grandson here for the summer.

We did see a video of our CA grandson’s concert with 4th and 5th grades.  He plays the viola.   They were actually very good.

Nice!!!!!!  Grandchildren are the Best!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here is our Jessie, we use her tail as a feather duster to dust the hardwood floors in our house.

Beautiful kitty. I love that tail.

20 hours ago, akcruz said:

Make sure to get your status match.  

Once I set up a account, do you know how to link it to my Royal C&A?

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

Thanks for the wishes, and pls. fingers crossed too.... 6 weeks to go. Not soon enough 😢   😘

I bet you can't wait for this cruise. I'm so happy for you. I know you will have a fantastic time.

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

Day 3 on Navigator Cabo. Photo of Los Arcos. Cruise is okay.

1C6E2D59-6166-49D4-BA29-20A20BE9C535.jpeg

Let me know how you like this cruise and it's itinerary? We are interested in this cruise also.

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cage is complete

Looks great. I want to see it with all the kitchen stuff. Are you getting all new stuff or just using existing?

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog hope the pups are doing well after their procedures. They sure are getting big.  Tortola is a great port stop mostly for the opportunity to get to Jost Van Dyke.  

Lizzy has been better than Charlie. It's been a struggle to keep Charlie from licking his incision. We tried a donut and he chewed off the air stem and it deflated. We tried doggie diapers and he tore those off. Now we bought recovery vests for both of them. At $49 a piece it's expensive for a short term fix but it appears to be working.

unnamed-3.thumb.jpg.96df33e31d8677295a2a4b23931a4474.jpg

unnamed-2.thumb.jpg.913dfc962b50e12c7b30d39ced855527.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.ecaf085e2b3cc1b445bde21537a473ec.jpg

unnamed-1.thumb.jpg.e12087be24e7aee99467ffd64c3a52ae.jpg

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So the exciting news is that I have a new grandkitty.    Her name is Luca and here she is!  Oh those eyes!

Beautiful kitty and yes I love her eyes.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric went to bed early since tummy upset from antibiotic.  Tooth still sore and swollen.   Gave him some bland chicken and brown rice for dinner.

Now I sit and drink pitcher of rum punch with Kraken.   Delicious!

Watching last 2 episodes of BD sailing.    

I'm getting tired of Gabby.  Don't like her attitude with Marco at the villa for their day off!

I hope Eric feels better. Nothing worse than tooth problems.

Gabby made the right decision to leave. She has some serious mental health problems. She was always trying to push Marco's buttons.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Kraken 94 proof.  Is that the original?   This is my first bottle of Kraken.  Usually get goslings for dark n stormy but really liking Kraken. Thanks to Greg

You are welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying it.

15 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We did get to Tortola once. I don't remember anything of the island. We did an 8-hour excursion to the Baths that included lunch. The cruise started in San Juan.

A few years ago we were finally able to get back to Tortola on a Royal cruise. However it was replaced by St. Thomas.

Someday....

Ever since I saw a video of the water at white bay on Jost Van Dyke, I said I have to go there. I've also wanted to go the the famous Soggy Dollar Bar where the original Painkiller was invented.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm feeling quite peaceful right now. JetBlue better not do anything to screw that up!😐

Happy that you had a great cruise. Sorry that  JetBlue did screw things up.

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Greg... Are you still getting the "stink eye" from Lizzie & Charlie ??

Joe

They were not happy with the donut or diapers (See above post with pics) but for the most part they are doing pretty good. Very clingy laying on us. I will be happy when they get their stitches out and we don't have to worry about them messing with their incision.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You may actually have a Captain's Club membership already.  I would call the Captain's Club with your C&A number and have them set it up if not there.  You could also try to log into Celebrity and see, at one point passwords were the same between Royal and Celebrity but not sure if they still are.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

1. You join Captain's club.

2. You get a number [also for Linda].

3. You send an email to CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com providing your new Captain's club numbers and your C&A numbers.

4. Your new status will be updated in about a week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well that stinks.  At least the city should end up paying for it.

• Like 4