Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, Jimbo said:

I could have predicted the score, what a thriller, the score was 1-0 Madrid winning, they had only 2 shots on goal for the WHOLE game.

Losing team Liver Pool had 9 shots on goal. What an exciting game. A real offensive display.

It's a completely different game to American football. 

If you think its slow you should watch traditional cricket. My dad took Gary to Lords when we were first married to try and explain cricket to him. He just didn't get it ( and still doesn't)

The more modern style of cricket is  faster paced, twenty20.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have no words, Marietta.  Just love them as I am sure you are doing.  Cry with them, laugh with them, and get them counselling if they need someone to talk to.  Make sure you and Charlie take care of yourselves too.  My heart breaks for all of you.

Perfect advice.

It must be very difficult for the children and Marietta's daughter to come to terms with their loss especially as he was so young.

Pauline finds it hard to come to terms with her mam dying almost 4 years ago aged 96.

Sending prayers 🙏 for Marietta and her family.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We just finished Ozark last week. Now trying to find something else that we will both enjoy as much as we did Ozark.

Try "Night Sky"  My wife and I just watched the 1st-  2 episodes.   Sissy Spacek & JK Simmons. It's different then Ozarks but still  very interesting. So far no one has been killed. 🤣

Seems there is only 1 season and 8 episodes so far. Not sure if there will be more or not.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Try "Night Sky"  My wife and I just watched the 1st-  2 episodes.   Sissy Spacek & JK Simmons. It's different then Ozarks but still  very interesting. So far no one has been killed. 🤣

Seems there is only 1 season and 8 episodes so far. Not sure if there will be more or not.

Thanks, we'll try it. We started watch The Lincoln Lawyer. My husband is liking it but I'm not sold on it yet.

• Like 4

I remember the first dead body I ever saw was an elderly relative at a viewing when I was 15.  I was immediately struck by the clear conviction that this body was not the person I knew.  I realized the soul is a tangible entity and a vital force in life and it was missing.  So it made me realize that Heaven was where that vital essence was now.  And that was comforting in a way simply reading about Heaven had not been.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I agree.  Some people thought they should not have gone to the wake but they needed to.  Your poor father, so sad.

The wake takes some of the “unknown” away. The children know that their dad’s body has been taken care of. 
Talking about him, especially about the good times, and laughing about the little funny things will keep his memory alive. 
I think the worst thing for those that are grieving is to avoid mentioning the deceased. 
I think people struggle with not knowing what to say to mourners is because they want to give comfort without talking about the person they’re mourning. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I remember the first dead body I ever saw was an elderly relative at a viewing when I was 15.  I was immediately struck by the clear conviction that this body was not the person I knew.  I realized the soul is a tangible entity and a vital force in life and it was missing.  So it made me realize that Heaven was where that vital essence was now.  And that was comforting in a way simply reading about Heaven had not been.

I agree. What you see in the casket is just the shell that person was walking around in. The soul didn’t die. 
Believing that makes it easier to face my own mortality. 
Everyone has different beliefs, and hopefully comforting ones. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

She's my new co-host for my cruise YouTube Channel and a Special Reporter for the kids club. We're going on Enchantment and we're trying the trampoline together! 

What is your YouTube channel called. I'd like to see your videos.

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

How did you find the seasoning?  Did you find that you seasoned them enough, too much or did they need more?

I liked it. It was a little on the spicy side. I did not put it on too heavy. I am going to maybe try it with a mixture of my favorite rub and mixture of  Harley's seasoning  https://www.harleysseasoning.com/

and Kansas City's Cowtown Steak and Grill Seasoning https://www.amazon.com/Cowtown-Seasoning-7-5-Ounce-Shaker-Bottle/dp/B000WLEITG

Meal turned out great and the steak was so delicious. Medium rare of course. I did some cajun shrimp sauteed in butter, garlic and cajun seasoning. 

IMG_8149.thumb.jpg.ff2deae2bc5b6958fbc78c7ff1b7f3e1.jpg

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Love that water feature (& the food & drinks!)

Thanks. That was Linda's idea to add that to the patio. I light the light on top and illuminates it at night.

IMG_8151.thumb.jpg.efe80fe98ac85ae51aa2dfbfe6159943.jpg

IMG_8152.thumb.jpg.c7575670ff1a5eddf7ca482f5d4b1e48.jpg

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Is Jonathan coming over, or are you doing one for the puppies? :classic_biggrin:

Yes he joined us for dinner. I should have made one for the puppies they were rambunctious and could use something to mellow them out.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Tested negative this morning!!  Yeah  Still coughing but I guess that can linger. 

That's great news!

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I hope there is a season two. The big reveal at the end of season one really begs one. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

On a lighter note, Minnie is happy I’m home.

A794ED59-A047-45AA-BCC9-1CF6E50C4253.jpeg

Love those eyes.

• Like 8

IMG_8147.thumb.jpg.113c059cd1c87268992b3fbb1b74fabe.jpg

In case anyone is interested in Sea Dog's Black Manhattan recipe.

3oz Rye

1oz Amaro Averna

2 dashes Black Walnut Bitters

garnish with bourbon soaked cherry

In a glass mixing container with ice stir ingredients for 30 seconds and strain into martini glass and garnish with cherry.

Great day doing yard work and was able to capture some decent pics of Charlie.

IMG_2445.thumb.jpg.076cc5b677d6ff53814a6e896857f0a7.jpg

IMG_8150.thumb.jpg.d796fa8d9f40c6cc76a537adc43cbaa7.jpg

IMG_8139.thumb.jpg.87cc483d14c811d5aa0ed56b649bc932.jpg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

We just returned from Buffalo area to visit my wife’s family and friends and to attend the memorial for her cousin who passed from Covid last year , he is now buried next to my wife’s parents in Attica New York, home to a infamous prison, where many of her relatives and friends worked as guards . The same cemetery has Buffalo Bills former quarterback Jim Kelly’s son who passed at 8. 

• Like 7

I love Dog's blue ball fountain!!!!!!  I have a little fountain out on my patio as well.

I have to report that after almost 2.5 years of pandemic life in which my hubs did not ever test positive...guess what?  Yep, he went back to San Antonio for work for one week and Bingo!  He gets there on a Sunday, sees his clients on Monday and by Friday he was pretty sick! So he returned home to Arkansa early on Saturday so as not to infect his family he was staying with and on Sunday he tested positive at Walgreen's!  We were prepared before he arrived home on Saturday...I had made the Hillbilly House ready (we have a second home across the road we use for guests) so he went directly there so we are in quarantine for at least 5 days.  Since then his brother who lives with his folks has gotten sick and we now think his 80 yr old Mom is too!  Eiyiyiyi!  Today he feels pretty good, taste is off a little but much better so he's moving home on Friday.  I guess it's the Omicron version.  BTW, we are vxd up completely.  O well, guess it's just the resident flu now.  

At first I was worried sick about him, remembering my brother who died January 2021 from Covid lung pulmonary embolism, but I just came to the conclusion that they're not reporting much on deaths from this version any more so I quit worrying.  Moving on.  I feel fine and he's on the mend.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Same here Helen.  One of my high school friends (2 in fact) were killed in a car accident and her mom asked me and another friend to come to the funeral home and see if she was prepared correctly.  She gave me a headband and asked me to have it put on her.  I was having a pretty hard time with it, but my friend said "Touch her hand, it's just like an old worn out suitcase with nothing in it."  I did touch her hand and I got the same impression you had.  I was never afraid of death again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What is your YouTube channel called. I'd like to see your videos.

I liked it. It was a little on the spicy side. I did not put it on too heavy. I am going to maybe try it with a mixture of my favorite rub and mixture of  Harley's seasoning  https://www.harleysseasoning.com/

and Kansas City's Cowtown Steak and Grill Seasoning https://www.amazon.com/Cowtown-Seasoning-7-5-Ounce-Shaker-Bottle/dp/B000WLEITG

Meal turned out great and the steak was so delicious. Medium rare of course. I did some cajun shrimp sauteed in butter, garlic and cajun seasoning. 

IMG_8149.thumb.jpg.ff2deae2bc5b6958fbc78c7ff1b7f3e1.jpg

Thanks. That was Linda's idea to add that to the patio. I light the light on top and illuminates it at night.

IMG_8151.thumb.jpg.efe80fe98ac85ae51aa2dfbfe6159943.jpg

IMG_8152.thumb.jpg.c7575670ff1a5eddf7ca482f5d4b1e48.jpg

Yes he joined us for dinner. I should have made one for the puppies they were rambunctious and could use something to mellow them out.

That's great news!

I hope there is a season two. The big reveal at the end of season one really begs one. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Love those eyes.

It's called CruisingWithKristen. I don't have any videos up yet, as I'm still in post from my last one.

• Like 3

My 1st tomato was picked from the garden yesterday!  😆 My neighbor's daughter,  who will be 4 in August,  came over with her 2 sisters to see the garden.  One yelled out no! The other said, she picked a tomato.  The good thing is they loved visiting the garden.  The one that is going into 4th grade next year said early in the morning she sees a deer walking around the garden.  She says when she comes out they run.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Take off the potato and roll and this is what we eat on a daily basis just about.  We have gone totally carnivore.

We normally do the Keto thing and do not carbs except for one day a week. You gotta have some fun sometime plus I do love my carbs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_2445.thumb.jpg.076cc5b677d6ff53814a6e896857f0a7.jpg

IMG_8139.thumb.jpg.87cc483d14c811d5aa0ed56b649bc932.jpg

So sweet and innocent.    Looks like Charlie is going to be bigger than Lizzie.    Was Lizzie the runt of the litter?

Your dinner last night looks Delicious!     As well as the Black Manhattan.   I have never had one and will have to try one.

• Like 2