Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm going to have to look up this season this evening when we sit down for some TV.    

Remember when deck hand Brian had the infection in his leg and I was really down on Lee for his management of it?

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I posted a Charlie Lizzy update. It's taken me awhile to capture enough video as they love to chase butterflies. They have been good and bad. Charlie is obsessed with chewing on the couch. Thank goodness it's old but we are having a hard time keeping him away from it. I must apologize that this video hows how pathetic my fenced in area of my back yard is. We have hard clay and Maggie and Penny destroyed most of the grass. I've tried to grow grass back there but it has been difficult. So enjoy the video but know I'm trying to make the back yard better.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Isn't he a cute little guy? Rod Stewart has a very sexy onstage wiggle. :classic_biggrin: He is much shorter and smaller than I expected. 

We are anti Rod Stewart.Many years ago when one of my daughters was attending college in the UK she went to a pub ,saw Rod Stewart ,went over to him to say hello.

He cursed her with the most vile words imaginable. Mick Jagger was there,heard what was said to my then 20 year old daughter .He took her aside ,had a friend of his take a picture of them and had a wonderful conversation with her .The picture of her with Mick Jagger is in my house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh nooooo. I hate that builders in this area put water heaters in our attics. I have our plumber inspect ours every year or two because I'm so paranoid about that. The next time we replace it, I am hoping to go tankless so I won't have to constantly worry about it. 

Insurance company said they could sue the company that made the water heater if it was under ten years old. Our house has two water heaters one in the garage other in a closet between the bedrooms and living room of course it was that one that broke .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Insurance company said they could sue the company that made the water heater if it was under ten years old. Our house has two water heaters one in the garage other in a closet between the bedrooms and living room of course it was that one that broke .

Interesting! Thank goodness it's not in the attic like so many are these days. We replaced our last one when it turned 10 even though it was working fine, because it had needed some repairs in recent years and I just didn't trust it anymore. It's in the attic, directly above our master bath, and I have nightmares of waking up to a flood of hot water crashing through the ceiling by our bedroom. The current one is 6 years old. Whenever the pressure release valve is triggered, it makes a loud noise that I can hear in our room since it's directly overhead, which sometimes wakes me up in a panic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh nooooo. I hate that builders in this area put water heaters in our attics. I have our plumber inspect ours every year or two because I'm so paranoid about that. The next time we replace it, I am hoping to go tankless so I won't have to constantly worry about it. 

It is crazy to put a water heater in an attic. When they go bad the problem is usually water leaking out of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How is your son doing, Marietta? I hope he's doing better.  Also thinking of your daughter and grandchildren.  ❤️

My son is feeling much better, thanks.  My daughter and the kids are having their moments.  Reality is setting in, yesterday my 11 year old grandson had a major meltdown. He missed his dad😢

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is crazy to put a water heater in an attic. When they go bad the problem is usually water leaking out of them.

Our house in Texas had the water heater in the attic.  I always worried about that plus when we had to replace it was not fun.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Update from Italy. 🇮🇹

Dani asked Rory to ask me to share with y'all that she is experiencing horrible internet and is sorry she can't post now😪

She may have used the term sucks.

I cannot confirm or deny that sentiment😉

Rory, is sailing with Dani?  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son is feeling much better, thanks.  My daughter and the kids are having their moments.  Reality is setting in, yesterday my 11 year old grandson had a major meltdown. He missed his dad😢

I'm so very sorry.  It's hard enough for an adult to grasp;. So devastating for the kids 💔. Hugs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sitting in the ER at a hospital in Staten Island right now, hoping Jim will be discharged in a couple of hours.  Jim was staying at his sister's home on SI for 2 nights since he had an early appointment for his 9/11 checkup this morning, and another early appt tomorrow for his echo test at his cardiologist.  After having dinner this evening, he started having indigestion, then was becoming nauseous and was perspiring.  My nephew, who is a Paramedic, went to check on Jim and then called an ambulance.  He then called my daughter who told me what was happening.  My other daughter then drove me to the Island. He looks good, and is feeling much better.  

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim was discharged this morning at 4:30 am.  His blood work comparisons came back all good, but they want Jim to see his Cardiologist.  The reason Jim was staying at his sister's house on SI was due to his 2 appointments on the Island.  Yesterday was his 9/11 checkup, and today is his Echo test.  He is in the Dr office right now for the test.  He is scheduled to see the Cardio Dr next week.

Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and good wishes!  (I'm so glad yesterday is over and done😊). Love you guys!!🥰

Just catching up on things.  Sorry your husband had to go to the ER, glad to hear he has been discharged.  I hope his echo looks good today and the Cardiologist doesn't find anything concerning next week. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been awhile since I posted a Charlie Lizzy update. It's taken me awhile to capture enough video as they love to chase butterflies. They have been good and bad. Charlie is obsessed with chewing on the couch. Thank goodness it's old but we are having a hard time keeping him away from it. I must apologize that this video hows how pathetic my fenced in area of my back yard is. We have hard clay and Maggie and Penny destroyed most of the grass. I've tried to grow grass back there but it has been difficult. So enjoy the video but know I'm trying to make the back yard better.

They are so cute together. And getting so big. We didn't have nice grass either. I'd rather have the puppies!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

They are so cute together. And getting so big. We didn't have nice grass either. I'd rather have the puppies!

Agree, puppies over grass any day. When I had my dog I never fertilized the grass. Zero chemicals went into the yard as long as she was here. I was afraid that they would hurt her.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Mine

20220614_131153.jpg

I get 10 or 12 every day

20220614_141839.thumb.jpg.d31cf31c57fa64531ccdf098aa236a26.jpg

These will turn into Caprese appetizers tonight. Two tomatoes, two mini mozzarella balls, basil leaves, and balsamic glaze on a toothpick. May have to do just one of each for the toothpucks I have

20220614_141850.thumb.jpg.07ffcb859fb7b9a6d0c4ceaac6d1b262.jpg

Real tomatoes are more of a challenge. Keep getting bloom rot

20220614_141826.thumb.jpg.abfbf026a5e01a4c6fe3d00529303036.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 Marietta.

I wish there was more we could do.

Love and hugs to you all.

Graham xx and Pauline xx 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, but I find that very hard to believe.

He was quite prolific 

Screenshot_20220614-095353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.22fe07be883a00a4fb03bfc439b8ff66.jpg

We had our differences but he kindly asked me on a number of occasions how I was doing after my Heart Attack which I really appreciated.

Please send him my best wishes John and tell him I think his house looks amazing.

Graham.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had our differences but he kindly asked me on a number of occasions how I was doing after my Heart Attack which I really appreciated.

Please send him my best wishes John and tell him I think his house looks amazing.

Graham.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

Now I'm really confused I thought that was John's House with the outdoor kitchen?

@LuckynanaMaryann, I'm so glad Jim's scare was well taken care of.  As others stated, it was lucky your nephew acted fast to get him the care he needed.

On TX water heaters, ours was in the garage.  I agree it doesn't make sense to have them upstairs in an attic.  

I hardly remember Rory.  I think I started to post near the end of his tenure on CC. Or maybe I didn't post on the threads he frequented.   I do remember lots of monopoly time. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Now I'm really confused I thought that was John's House with the outdoor kitchen?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Rory had his house built to his specifications recently.