Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son has played 7's, 11's and 15's.  He is built for 15's though, 7's is too fast a game for him.  He was a hooker in high school but now plays tight head prop.  He does most of the line outs though for his current team as the current hooker can't throw.  Professional rugby in the States is fairly new and he did play one year for a team in its provisional year.  

The few times I played I played 

Fly Half.

Your son plays an important role and the line outs need someone who can throw well.

Graham.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have fun. We are booked on the Harmony for 3 weeks in January.

Hoping you don’t need knee surgery. What Sea Dog went thru sounded very painful.

Don’t know why, but I always loved her name and enjoyed watching all seasons of American Housewife. Really liked Katie Mixon in Mike & Molly so I started watching American Housewife.

We just booked harmony for November 2023 , got a great price for grand suite. Love that it leaves from Galveston then.

54 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We were talking the other day about vehicles counting down the seconds while stopped at traffic lights.  This is where it is displayed on our Highlander. 

77C71193-946F-44C8-8EE2-65F7AE228353.thumb.jpeg.c81c923c64eb799b6d11be22e1fa21b5.jpeg

We were busy again with grandkids today, plus two.  Our daughter took our PA grandson to a golf tournament this morning.  He came home with the first place trophy for his age group.  He would have placed in the next age group also.  They only play 9 for his age, and he shot 43. 

We had our CA grandson, our granddaughter, and two of her friends while they were at the tournament.  I wouldn’t want to watch 4 or 5 every day. 

They did enjoy the spin cycle.  

F93D0FA0-2A48-4EF2-83E4-747A75705D04.gif.7656885593663b385394041863255b25.gif

Anyone want a ride?

the other day my wife’s car read outside temperature of 115

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

This term "intrigued" me 😕

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose mind went there!  LOL

And @dani negreanu, your English skills are amazing, IMO.  I have the utmost respect for people who can speak more than one language.  Once upon a time I knew a bit of French, but that was over three decades ago, and if you don't use it, you lose it.  

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We watched The Gray Man last night on Netflix.  It's a pretty predictable mix of Jason Bourne (highly skilled assassin getting home against all odds) and John Wick (killing many people at once) and had some good action scenes.  It has a good cast with Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Billy Bob Thornton, Ana de Armas, and more.  It was interesting to watch Chris Evans play the bad guy when I'm so used to seeing him as Captain America.  It was also interesting to see Julia Butters who is now 13 years old.  She played Anna-Kat on the sitcom American Housewife.  Loved her delivery as a 7-11 year-old over 4 seasons on that show.  She's like Millie Bobby Brown in that I think she will grow up to be a very successful adult actor. 

We liked it...worth spending 2 hours if you like that sort of movie.

I liked it too.I started watching the series The Outlaws today on Prime.

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

This term "intrigued" me 😕

The hooker is the key person in a scrum.

A player puts the ball into a scrum and shouts 

Ball coming in now.

The hookers job is to hook the ball back to his team mates behind him so they can gain possession.

Screenshot_20220726_225902.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Once upon a time I knew a bit of French, but that was over three decades ago, and if you don't use it, you lose it.  

Thanks, "brillo".  I agree. Russian was compulsory in Romania. I learned it for 4 years and I was very good at it.

The moment we left Romania, and, in Israel, I went to school with new immigrants from Russia, I couldn't utter a word in Russian, it was like all those years were wiped out from my mind...

To this day, I only remember a few words.

French, OTOH, I'm trying to preserve by reading some pages every day.

Pity that reading and understanding doesn't equate speaking.....

• Like 10

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No, at least not yet. We attempted to go one day last week but both of us had hectic days & were running late & were both starving.  So the choice became go to the movies hungry or go out to dinner.  We choose dinner.

Which was the right choice. The pub we went to had something called the 25/75 Blended Burger. It's a burger with the bacon and cheese mixed INTO the burger meat, hence the name - 75% ground beef & 25% bacon/cheese mix. ** Mind Blown **. But wait - it's topped with even MORE bacon and cheese.  Food coma followed.

Sounds yummy!    I have made stuffed burgers with blue cheese and bacon then put a smoke gouda on top.  You should try making some time.    Now I want one😁

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pity that reading and understanding doesn't equate speaking.....

I'm always surprised at how much French I can figure out from reading, considering I haven't studied or used it since 1987.  

But yes, reading is totally different than speaking/hearing.  I'm more of a "visual learner" so it was always easier for me to read it than it was for me to understand what was being said.  I would be able to ask someone where the toilets are in French, but then I'd be unlikely to understand them unless they wrote it down for me!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds yummy!    I have made stuffed burgers with blue cheese and bacon then put a smoke gouda on top.  You should try making some time.    Now I want one😁

Is the bacon cooked and crumbled before you mix it into the ground beef with the blue cheese?

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The hooker is the key person in a scrum.

A player puts the ball into a scrum

Thanks, Graham, for the explanation. 

Now, about that "scrum"......

Never mind, on 2nd thoughts, I'll stick with the "hooker" 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Is the bacon cooked and crumbled before you mix it into the ground beef with the blue cheese?

Yes bacon is cooked and I crumble it with the blue cheese to stuff in the burgers.     

The easiest way to stuff the burger is make 1 thin patty place the blue cheese and crumbled bacon in the center of the patty then place 2nd patty on top then pinch around the ends.   If too puffy you can kinda flatten with your hands but not too much as you don't want the "stuffing" to ooze out of the burger while grilling      Enjoy😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Graham, for the explanation. 

Now, about that "scrum"......

Never mind, on 2nd thoughts, I'll stick with the "hooker" 😉

Some of the terms in rugby lead to some interesting novelty tshirts.  I have seen a woman at a game with a tshirt that read "My daughter is a hooker".  Luckily, my son never wore some of the more graphic ones.  The worse he had was Give, Blood, Play Rugby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes bacon is cooked and I crumble it with the blue cheese to stuff in the burgers.     

The easiest way to stuff the burger is make 1 thin patty place the blue cheese and crumbled bacon in the center of the patty then place 2nd patty on top then pinch around the ends.   If too puffy you can kinda flatten with your hands but not too much as you don't want the "stuffing" to ooze out of the burger while grilling      Enjoy😃

Sounds delicious!  Thanks Debbie!🥰

• Like 1