Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Tying the tomato plant to the railing reminds me of the first time we put a Christmas tree up in our cupola.  Open on almost all sides.  Put it up…wind knocked it down.  Getting to it is a pain.  Must get a ladder out of a closet…set it up to pull an attic door string down…move ladder and unfold attic ladder…clamber up ladder…navigate attic (not totally floored in…)  (And you can’t leave the attic ladder down as our cats can climb ladders…)  Hauled some cement blocks up and put them on top of tree stand.  Wind knocked it down again.  Went back up and tied three guy wires and NOW we’re good to go..  Ho ho ho…

• Like 5

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not the plant from seed gardener some of the others on this thread are, I buy a plant that is in a pot with a cage built into the pot.  Last year, I bought my plant at BJ's and had almost 500 tomatoes!  The plant was a beast and just kept producing.  I got that one really early though, around the beginning of May.

This year, we were cruising in mid May, so I bought my plant after we got back and over the covid we got on the ship.  I think I got this one med June.  BJ's plants were ugly, so this one came from Lowe's.  I had two tomatoes last week that I had promised my firsts to my four year old neighbor.  Since then, the plant has really been thriving.  Got this bunch today and will have more by end of the week that I will have my neighbor come take. 🙂 

I have only watered this one so far this year, last year I was using Miracle Grow Tomato fertilizer.  I will likely feed this one soon. 

We have room to do a garden but I like the simplicity of the pot on the deck. 🙂  

Cherry tomato plants can be  very productive.   My first Cherry tomato plants I tried this year was a failure.  Saturday I planted 11 Cherry tomato plants with mature in 65 days and four 42 Day tomatoes. I also planted 10 Brussel Sprout plants and seeded some bush beans. My zucchini that I planted a little over a week ago is really taking off. I am also restarting the cucumbers.  Nice having a second chance with a long season. 

• Like 5

@Ourusualbeach & @John&LaLa Enjoy your cruise.

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

My next batch of cruises will be nine B2B/S2S for 61 days at sea (there is one day on land in the middle when I change ships).  And I STILL won't want to come home!  

I'd gladly be the female version of SuperMario if I had a sugar daddy or won the lottery or something!

I would love to do some cruises that long.

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know someone that can help with that. 

Are you volunteering to be her sugar daddy? 😁

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Caught up with a girlfriend yesterday and she gave me this bunch of beautiful orchids from her garden.9F36B762-5BED-4F27-8FF2-FA4A60151E6C.thumb.jpeg.e8c1f6db9c0aee47d73378fb571ab2cb.jpeg

Cymbidiums are some of my favorites.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I presume one of the "passer-by" complained about the title not being "relevant" anymore.... 

Glad it us still here regardless of the name but yes I did do a double take when I saw the name.  Have "followed" it so it stays where I can find.  

Let me also add my thanks to Dani for starting this thread, definitely feel that this is a unique thread and blessed to be part of it.  Stay safe Dani, we are all thinking about you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I feel as though I have missed a lot on here this past week.   I have been in and out and mostly lurking as time permits.     

@dani negreanu    Happy to hear that you are safe and sound.    You were in my thoughts and prayers the last couple of days and will continue to be 🙏

I am not caught up for today on this thread but I was sure when I was on earlier we were still under the original name.     When did the name of the thread change?     Happy we are still under the RCL page and not somewhere else. 

We had a very busy weekend.   I went to my neighbors 90th Surprise birthday party at her grandson's house.    Boy was she surprised.    She was in tears.    So cute!    She looks amazing and gets around beautifully.    

Then Sunday I spent several hours in the garden and kitchen.    Made 6 or 7 gallon bags full of sauce from our Amish paste tomatoes.   Put them in the freezer in the garage to be used during the winter months.    Made some grilled and fried eggplant, squash and zucchini (also stored some in freezer using our FoodSaver vacuum sealer).    

Dried out and grinded some fresh herbs (rosemary, dill, thyme, basil, oregano and parsley) that I will store and use for winter too.    And of course, Catnip

Eric's Brother came over for dinner on the BBQ so I ran out and picked up some filet mignon and sea scallops.     Delicious!

@Ozark_Kid  How is your garden?    What happened with your cucumbers?   Mine have slowed down probably because of the heat wave but I still have lots of yellow flowers.    My bell peppers are not doing much this year   I have heard others complaining about their peppers too.   I wonder why?

@Ocean Boy   Have you tried giving Jade catnip yet?

@DaniDanielle Has your Daughter decided to cruise with the family yet?   I sure hope she decides to go.   I think it would be good for everybody.   

@Luckynana  Has the contractor completed the stone work on the front of your home?   My neighbors that had the kitchen fire at Christmas time were told they can start moving in this coming weekend.    The house looks gorgeous as they did some upgrades in addition to what the homeowner's insurance was covering.    Just the backyard looks like a disaster an no one was maintaining weeds and shrubs, but in time they will get it cleaned up.   It will be nice to have them back as neighbors again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Long day at the refuge so way behind.

@dani negreanuI hope peace finds your part of the world soon!

No matter what the thread is titled it is still "the best thread ever!"

In honor of International Cat Day:

Cinnamon

Cinnamon.thumb.jpeg.ae50e9f9f6e9bbb8112ca8d4f80c024d.jpeg

Elmer

Elmer.thumb.jpeg.e49f818dc4b39ba7890697bbaac3435f.jpeg

Storm

Storm.thumb.jpeg.13d520a182e11dc8677947af6b9f6886.jpeg

Samantha

Samantha.thumb.jpeg.89976248ff3542c443128dfc076da98c.jpeg

Annabel

Annabel.thumb.jpeg.01364b26085f98bcfea376f7c1808855.jpeg

Great pictures! Samantha has an awesome color pattern.... and that tail! Annabel seems to be growing her own tail to be proud of!😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is our favorite too.  Oasis class, OVB, mid ship, deck 8.  

Us too. There is something about coming out of your stateroom and then going directly into central park that is so cool. Makes me feel incredible everytime.

39 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Let me also add my thanks to Dani for starting this thread, definitely feel that this is a unique thread and blessed to be part of it.  Stay safe Dani, we are all thinking about you.

I am thankful to Dani as well. There are a lot of great people here who I can honestly feel are friends of mine as a result.

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't notice the name change until it was mentioned here. I don't much appreciate it either but it is what it is.

Totally agree. Don't need to fix what's not broken.

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Cinnamon

Elmer

Storm

Samantha

Annabel

Such beauties. I love them all. We have Kylar (all black with tuxedo) and Drave (black and white) These two are basically Jonathan's cats Kylar has always lived with us and Drave splits his time between here and Jonathan's apartment.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

BD tonight. Who will be watching?

I'll be recording. Be interesting to see how things run on deck with Storm. Glad Raygun is gone. I'd be interested in hearing how you feel about the Dave/Natasha thing. I get it that she may now feel guilty for cheating on her ex but I do think she has been leading Dave on. Poor Dave I feel badly for him. You can tell he is crazy in love with her. Cheers! I hope you will be having a Kraken while watching.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Long day at the refuge so way behind.

@dani negreanuI hope peace finds your part of the world soon!

No matter what the thread is titled it is still "the best thread ever!"

Cinnamon

Cinnamon.thumb.jpeg.ae50e9f9f6e9bbb8112ca8d4f80c024d.jpeg

Elmer

Elmer.thumb.jpeg.e49f818dc4b39ba7890697bbaac3435f.jpeg

Storm

Storm.thumb.jpeg.13d520a182e11dc8677947af6b9f6886.jpeg

Samantha

Samantha.thumb.jpeg.89976248ff3542c443128dfc076da98c.jpeg

Annabel

Annabel.thumb.jpeg.01364b26085f98bcfea376f7c1808855.jpeg

Karen are the pictures in age order?😊

@Sunshine3601You are one busy lady, Debbie!  

How wonderful that your neighbors will finally be moving back into their home after all of this time.  They must be so thrilled, and how great that you will be able to reconnect with your friends.😊

The work is still not done.  Getting there, slowly but surely.  The problem is that they rarely show up.  They were here Friday morning, but not for very long.  They went for lunch, and were gone for hours (literally).   Work ethic is not what we're used to...

So...how about your new job?  Are you all acclimated there now that you've been there for a week now?

How is Eric feeling?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm recording.  I still have to watch last week's BD DU with Capt Hottie😁

What Season are you all watching on Below Deck?  I'm up to Season 9 with Capt. Lee in St. Kitts. on Peacock.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I am. Raygun's exit was dull.

Dave's turning out to be a real scuzzball.

This season is not too exciting. 

Scenery is beautiful.

Raygun took that much more low keyed than any previous firings. They didn't even show her goodbyes wirh crew or departure from the boat.

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Us too. There is something about coming out of your stateroom and then going directly into central park that is so cool. Makes me feel incredible everytime.

I am thankful to Dani as well. There are a lot of great people here who I can honestly feel are friends of mine as a result.

Totally agree. Don't need to fix what's not broken.

Such beauties. I love them all. We have Kylar (all black with tuxedo) and Drave (black and white) These two are basically Jonathan's cats Kylar has always lived with us and Drave splits his time between here and Jonathan's apartment.

I'll be recording. Be interesting to see how things run on deck with Storm. Glad Raygun is gone. I'd be interested in hearing how you feel about the Dave/Natasha thing. I get it that she may now feel guilty for cheating on her ex but I do think she has been leading Dave on. Poor Dave I feel badly for him. You can tell he is crazy in love with her. Cheers! I hope you will be having a Kraken while watching.

I saw some grand suites right next to Central Park might see if I can switch I like the idea of being real close to bars etc , this is on harmony next November. 

• Like 3