Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay all my friends.  Our journey has led us to my daughter and kiddies being booked on Oasis!!!!!

You all will never know how much We appreciate your help, support and messages of sympathy that you have given to Us❤️

You are all going to have a fantastic time. And even if there are moments of sadness during the cruise that would be perfectly normal and they will pass. I am really happy for you all.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Okay all my friends.  Our journey has led us to my daughter and kiddies being booked on Oasis!!!!!

You all will never know how much We appreciate your help, support and messages of sympathy that you have given to Us❤️

This is exciting news!  What a blessing it all worked out!  We all wish you all have a great cruise.   I am sure all here will be excited for you to share the journey here when you can.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very happy to hear that! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so happy they will be able to cruise and make happy memories after all of the sadness they've been through. ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Checked in today for our upcoming Alaska cruise.  Check in opened 4 days ago and I forgot.  Still managed to get 11:30 boarding time.  Anyone know if a JS is allowed to board an hour early like a full suite?

Yes you can.  My past few cruises have all been in a JS.  Your Setsail just says suite.  They don't know what kind of suite it is when you check in

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Best. News. Ever.

Enjoy every moment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Let me add my congratulations to you and family being able to sail on the cruise.I wish you a fantastic vacation.

• Thanks 1

Yippeee Skippeee!!  🥳  So happy for all of you!! 😎 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

When we moved from NJ to VA a year and half ago we used one of these. Our 4 cats traveled in style, in a large cage that sat in the middle of the RV. Had a litter box, food and water. The whole 10 hour trip all 4 cats never used the liter box or food and water in the cage. They just sat quietly on their pillows and blankets.

Few days later we had our vehicles shipped to our new house.

CruiseAmerica.com for the RV

Front view of standard RV, showing side with door.

My cousin rented one of these during the pandemic while traveling out West last year.  She wasn't comfortable staying in hotels during this time, and took her two fur babies along on vacation with her.  She felt it was a win-win.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My 18 year old granddaughter is leaving for college tomorrow.Her parents are taking her .My 13 year old granddaughter will be staying with Toby and I for 4 days.

Best wishes for a great year at College for your granddaughter.  Two of my grandchildren will be heading back to College soon.  Our granddaughter will be in her Senior year, and grandson will be starting his 2nd year.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Best wishes for a great year at College for your granddaughter.  Two of my grandchildren will be heading back to College soon.  Our granddaughter will be in her Senior year, and grandson will be starting his 2nd year.

Thanks,Maryann.I only have 2 grand kids but Toby’s sister has 8 and 2 are going into their 3rd.years and 4 will be starting this month.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Whoot whoot!  I'm so happy for you all..so glad it's a go!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am very happy that you all will be cruising together after all.  There will be moments of tears of joy and sadness but there'll also be much laughter.  I think in the end, it is what your daughter's husband would like to see his family do, is to live life, laugh and have fun.  I wish you all a fantastic time!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Yes you can.  My past few cruises have all been in a JS.  Your Setsail just says suite.  They don't know what kind of suite it is when you check in

We have not tried a JS.  We liked the space of a GS and the GS bathroom.   What is it about a Jr Suite that beats a OVB.   Is the bathroom as nice as a GS?  I liked being able to eat breakfast and lunch at CK but not enough to pay a couple grand more for it.  I also liked the Suite deck but I am guessing you miss out on that too in a JS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have not tried a JS.  We liked the space of a GS and the GS bathroom.   What is it about a Jr Suite that beats a OVB.   Is the bathroom as nice as a GS?  I liked being able to eat breakfast and lunch at CK but not enough to pay a couple grand more for it.  I also liked the Suite deck but I am guessing you miss out on that too in a JS.

Bathroom is pretty nice.  I got some good deals on some JS back when there was no extra single supplement .  I wouldn't pay for it other than that.  Mine have been on the Mariner not Oasis class

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What is it about a Jr Suite that beats a OVB. 

For me, it was only a means to get us to.... Diamond 😉.

Funny thing, after turning Diamond, we found interesting itineraries only on Celebrity.

Hadn't seen the "inside" of the Diamond Lounge yet ☹️

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We also like the happy hour with the GS and concierge is handy , we always book GS , did see a junior suite in a cabin crawl , great closet . If you think suite deck is good , you should book a celebrity edge class that has a real deck with hot tubs pool and restaurant with bar. 

• Like 2

I’m having trouble keeping up with commenting to everyone but I try to catch up on reading at least once a day.  Just a few general comments…

- I loved all the cat pictures today!

- Marietta I’m so glad to read that your daughter decided to go on the cruise and they found a cabin that works.  
- I really need to give Below Deck a shot. 
- Hope @Ourusualbeachand @John&LaLahave a great cruise.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m having trouble keeping up with commenting to everyone but I try to catch up on reading at least once a day.  Just a few general comments…

- I loved all the cat pictures today!

- Marietta I’m so glad to read that your daughter decided to go on the cruise and they found a cabin that works.  
- I really need to give Below Deck a shot. 
- Hope @Ourusualbeachand @John&LaLahave a great cruise.  

Thanks. Boarding tomorrow!

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We prefer a GS.  JS is a 50% wider OVB with a walk in closet and a tub (at least on Freedom or Oasis class...not sure about a Quantum JS).  Good for some extra space but minimal suite privileges.  GS bathrooms are definitely better.  We decided that a JS would be good for the Alaska cruise where the scenery is the star of the cruise, but went for a GS on the crossing from Vancouver to Hawaii where we will spend more time in our cabin.  We've not cruised Quantum class yet so I don't know what the SL and CK situation will be.

• Like 3