Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son is thinking about adopting this guy,  someone dumped him on a highway down South😢C2DCB535-A844-4CCD-8411-8A222C79C602.thumb.jpeg.260290bac73dfe2df9beddbd0c1013fc.jpeg

My daughter adopted a beagle a number of years ago from a beagle rescue.  They get a lot of "failed" hunting dogs from the south.  Hers was obviously in this category, he has a clipped ear, what they use to mark them, and buckshot under his skin on one side, supposedly they use that to train them.  He is a great dog and been wonderful with my grandkids.  Think I have shared other pics of him but herevare a few more.  

Soon after they got him

IMG_20150614_163753323.thumb.jpg.a57a0d4f31e1cffb1633e2c54a38e3d3.jpg

Sunning himself 

IMG_20150524_114801529-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.5f8f87a83c6966cf8eff63c7d786d5bd.jpg

His favorite position/spot

IMG_20160624_203413617.thumb.jpg.6d734e50871637ade688abdc0cc33ba5.jpg

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, akcruz said:

My daughter adopted a beagle a number of years ago from a beagle rescue.  They get a lot of "failed" hunting dogs from the south.  Hers was obviously in this category, he has a clipped ear, what they use to mark them, and buckshot under his skin on one side, supposedly they use that to train them.  He is a great dog and been wonderful with my grandkids.  Think I have shared other pics of him but herevare a few more.  

Soon after they got him

Sunning himself 

He is adorable--looks like a real sweetie living the best life possible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Back from my eye doc.  Everything is healing beautifully.  I just have to keep applying refresh eye drops to lubricate my eye.  It's amazing how much better I can see now.  So clear!

Lenny, I'm sure you didn't mean November, 2016.  I doubt HBE went on a cruise.  Hopefully, he's just busy and hasn't found time to post.  This is the problem with most online friendships when you don't share personal info like phone numbers, emails, etc., which also might not be answered.

We just have to hope for the best that all is well.

Correct.I meant November 16.

On a similiar vein ,a guy with the screen name rkacruise who posts mainly in the Floataway Lounge but also on other boards although never on this thread has not posted on CC in 3 weeks. Due to the fact that he and I probably most often to each other exchanged e-mails last year 

I have e-mailed him twice and posted about him in the Floataway Lounge.

People are responding but nobody recalls him posting anything about going anywhere.

Several years ago I was off line for 3 weeks .Two people started threads asking if anyone knew where I was.One was a regular on this thread.I was away for medical reasons and I assured them that if it happened again I would have somebody post for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Eric's Mother passed away around 10 am.  

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I'm not sure how I feel about yet.

I'm so sorry. I hope you will both be able to go on the cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I'm so sad to hear Eric's mam has died Debbie.

Sending you both our deepest condolences.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

HPE4 has not posted since November 2016. Did he post that he was going on a cruise ? Did I miss his post ? I am concerned because this is not like him not to post for a two week period.

+1.

Best wishes @HBE4 I hope both your wife and yourself are okay.

Graham.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I’m sorry to read this. Please pass our deepest condolences to Eric, as well his family. @Sunshine3601 we are sending virtual hugs to your family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Soon after they got him

Sunning himself 

Very fortunate for your daughter's dog that some idiot thought he was somehow "subpar".

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Didn't someone in here have an electric towel warmer? I was looking on Amazon for one for my mom for Christmas, and the reviews are all mixed and I can't decide which one would be best.

Get her an electric warming toilet seat. She might prefer it to a towel warmer.😇

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Correct.I meant November 16.

On a similiar vein ,a guy with the screen name rkacruise who posts mainly in the Floataway Lounge but also on other boards although never on this thread has not posted on CC in 3 weeks. Due to the fact that he and I probably most often to each other exchanged e-mails last year 

I have e-mailed him twice and posted about him in the Floataway Lounge.

People are responding but nobody recalls him posting anything about going anywhere.

Several years ago I was off line for 3 weeks .Two people started threads asking if anyone knew where I was.One was a regular on this thread.I was away for medical reasons and I assured them that if it happened again I would have somebody post for me.

Many years ago, I frequented an aol chatroom that had IMs which was great to send a private message in real time.  One of the "chatters" IMd that he was going in for a procedure and he wanted his wife to email me with the results if not good and if he had to be away from the chatroom.  I was so flattered and honored that he would trust me with this information so others in the room wouldn't wonder what happened to him.  A week later I got the wonderful news that he did great and was cancer free.

BTW we had been chatting in that room for over 5 years so I totally trusted him. I also met people who met him personally.  Can't be too careful, right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Didn't someone in here have an electric towel warmer? I was looking on Amazon for one for my mom for Christmas, and the reviews are all mixed and I can't decide which one would be best.

We have a Zentoes warmer that our daughter bought us last Christmas.  We use it to warm the towels when we use our hot tub.  It holds two large beach towels, or a towel and a robe. 

7329293F-9538-44F1-8321-6E7F9199409A.thumb.jpeg.2e9d6c9e9a76a9fc475e823d12d015b3.jpeg

We like having a warm towel when we get out.  It does have an automatic shut off after an hour.  

I did see this model is currently unavailable on Amazon, but we have been happy with ours, so far. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Get her an electric warming toilet seat. She might prefer it to a towel warmer.😇

I haven't tried an electronic warming toilet seat butt I sure am thankful for the heated seats in the car since the weather has turned back cøĺd. 🥶 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Many years ago, I frequented an aol chatroom that had IMs which was great to send a private message in real time.  One of the "chatters" IMd that he was going in for a procedure and he wanted his wife to email me with the results if not good and if he had to be away from the chatroom.  I was so flattered and honored that he would trust me with this information so others in the room wouldn't wonder what happened to him.  A week later I got the wonderful news that he did great and was cancer free.

BTW we had been chatting in that room for over 5 years so I totally trusted him. I also met people who met him personally.  Can't be too careful, right?

I have e-mailed with 12 people who post on CC ,4 of which post on this thread.

• Like 2