Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Now for a couple strange things we have seen.  

First, someone was walking their pony in Ft. Lauderdale. 

603B779F-7D34-4025-96DA-AFF0BB7100F6.thumb.jpeg.cd4a2df41ad09bb96b42883bfd6fc5bb.jpeg

Next, we encountered this strange squirrel at our first rest stop this morning. 

BFAD99FB-49F1-4DFC-A8A4-CDC86BD60F3F.thumb.jpeg.077f8d90696ed72bb48b5b8cd76cf353.jpeg

I think it is the same pose I had when Susan told me it was time to start the drive home. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO, The larger mirror in photo 2 looks better.  The black frame looks much better than the smaller one.

Totally agree. Scale of bigger mirror and black framing makes that the winner IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good question.  I wondered if others outside of this region knew about it.   Shame to hear it isn't known. 

Next New Years Day I will try to remind everyone to look for it.

I first heard about the Mummers Parade a few years ago - and by a few years ago, I mean 15 or 20 years ago - and first thought "They spelled Mummy wrong" and second thought was "What does Egyptian Mummy's have to do with New Years"?  lol

As to why it's not televised outside the Philly region (Until MeTV picked it up this year)  I of  course had to look it up.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/mummers-parade-tv-broadcast-history-travel-channel/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was pretty safe when Giuliani was mayor too.

After I retired I worked for a year with an IPA .The owner of the company was a Urologist who had other business interests .His partner in one of these business interests was Giuliani .If I told you what kind of business the two of them were in it would “blow your mind”.It had to do with Giuliani “cleaning up 42 St.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love New Orleans but don't think I'd want to be there for Mardi Gras any more than I'd want to be in Time Square for New Years Eve.

I'll add SantaCon to the list as well.  Don't let the charitable cause spin fool you, it's a frat party, pub crawl, booze-fest.  There is a reason they now have to publish a "Santa Code of Conduct".

https://santacon.nyc/about/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another dreary day today.  It's overcast and the forecast is for rain to start again in about a half hour.  I'm about sick of it.  We got one day of respite yesterday with some nice sunshine and were back to the rain again this is so weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Another dreary day today.  It's overcast and the forecast is for rain to start again in about a half hour.  I'm about sick of it.  We got one day of respite yesterday with some nice sunshine and were back to the rain again this is so weird. 

It is definitely a little more rain than we need all at one time. 

Bay Area Braces For More Extreme Weather After Historic Storm | Castro Valley, CA Patch

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is definitely a little more rain than we need all at one time. 

Bay Area Braces For More Extreme Weather After Historic Storm | Castro Valley, CA Patch

I imagine you get a lot more of it than we do in the Central Valley.  I had stuff I wanted to do today outside... Now I'm sitting in my recliner complaining about the cold. I can't believe that I have lost all my inherent Vancouver imperviousness to cool damp weather.  It's not even really cold and I'm miserable about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jimbo-- The opinions about the two mirrors seems to be that the larger one is the better one for placement over the mantle. 

My opinion- I like the style of the 2nd mirror ,and the color of the frame goes along with some of the lighter color in the bricks. The design of the framing of the mirror makes the reflection of the beams and the pendant lights less noticeable.

However, the larger mirror fills the space better and the frame does go along with the grate in front of the fireplace and the fireplace accessories.

Of course the ultimate decision is what you and your wife prefer.

Here’s a thought though, have you considered a painting or a wreath to be placed over the mantle ?

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I imagine you get a lot more of it than we do in the Central Valley.  I had stuff I wanted to do today outside... Now I'm sitting in my recliner complaining about the cold. I can't believe that I have lost all my inherent Vancouver imperviousness to cool damp weather.  It's not even really cold and I'm miserable about it.

We did get a lot. More photos:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/flood-watches-in-effect-as-rain-returns-to-the-bay-area/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I played golf in that fog this morning.  Teed off at 8:40 and couldn't see a green from a tee box until the 15th hole.  Weird.

Hope your ready for tonight’s game our friends from Buffalo are with us and we are currently sipping a Johnny Walker Gold, he has has a Buffalo T-shirt and I have on a bar bills T-shirt, he went to bar bills recently and Josh Allen’s parents were there.

• Like 2