Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Home now.  Laundry sorted and ready to wash tomorrow.  I have the Grand Canyon video ready to post tomorrow and Easter Dinner tomorrow afternoon at my mother in-laws. Lucy also met us at the side door when we got home. 

I have to say nothing beats your own bed. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would love to go. Why does it have to be such a volatile place?😑

It has been that way for a long time .  The first time I visited Israel we couldn’t visit the Mount of Olives . In Bethlehem we were told to not wander off and just go to the church of the Nativity and back to the bus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The most painfully exquisite moments of my life were when driving down from Taormina at dusk. We went around curves below walls loaded with blooming bougainvillea, and below the outer side of the road we looked down at the coast with little lights starting to come on. 
Then it was dark, and our driver put in a tape of Pavarotti dining Nessun Dorma. 
We burst into tears, because our hearts were squeezed so tight. 

You describe it beautifully.

We're going to Taormina in May for a four day visit. Our DILs side of the family has a family 'no kids' wedding so we are going along to babysit our grandson so they can enjoy the wedding.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is misty and 38°F here at 07.26am in North East England.

Happy Easter Sunday friends.

50-Beautiful-Happy-Easter-Gif-Greetings-47874-6.gif

Happy Easter Sunday to you too Graham, and to all that celebrate Easter 🐣 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I have not. I think they only allow people into the lobby to look at the Art Deco interior. Otherwise, there is not much else there. No observation deck, gift shop or musem. Pretty much strictly an office building.

Agree.  We were able to see the lobby but it was a busy place with workers so we only popped in and out again and didn’t take any photos.

Sunny, cool Easter Sunday here with temps in the low 50’s. We’re supposed to hit low 80’s later this week. 
We have the local kids & granddaughters coming today for dinner, and an egg hunt for the little ones.  Ham will be on the table today at our house, along with mashed potatoes, carrot casserole and asparagus.  I’ve mentioned before that Andy doesn’t cook (other than grilling) but he does make a fantastic carrot cake and that’ll be our dessert.  

Happy Easter to all here who celebrate, I hope you all have a wonderful day! 

• Like 20

Good morning and HAPPY EASTER to all that celebrate.

My life is the busiest and most fulfilling that I could have ever imagined.

In addition to what used to be  my daily routine, I recently added on the part time job of babysitting the granddaughter Mon - Wednesday.  I commute on Sunday for the 4 1/2 hour ish drive and return home Wednesday night.  The pay is priceless memories.

In addition, we have an upcoming major event that in itself is so exciting that the anticipation is making these days drag on. Details soon.

In other news (🙄), I celebrated Easter dinner here with the spouse yesterday, filet, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, and Ceasar salad.  I made enough for left over meal as well as a future freezer meal while I am away.

Also, finally we got our taxes back.  Last year was a busy busy year with all the investments, inheritances, house sales, lottery winnings..... on and on and on.......So as we waited the anticipation grew.

I am happy to say that my retirement income and pre-paying some taxes quarterly, I only had to pay $77 to state.  The federal return  I opted to defer to offset  next years lottery winnings (if the luck would continue).

So now I wish all a safe and relaxing day.

And as I drive, I have a signigicant time so  I say my prayers, and I include all my friends here on CC

Take care.

Sue

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

If you have time to spare here is the video of our trip to the Grand Canyon. I cut a lot out and it is still just under 15 minutes. You can see how low Lake Mead is even though it has gone up a bit, Hover Dam, The GC Skywalk, and a return flight over the strip. The one thing I found amazing is how green and lush even the dessert was after their rains so far this year. You especially see it in along the river’s edge. 

If you have any question I might be able to answer them. I also added some music so please turn up your volume. 

A direct link if it doesn’t want to play.

https://youtu.be/Bt6CJHZ8B1o

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

On 4/8/2023 at 8:35 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Hard to believe that Kelsea Ballerini is still an opening act.  I guess when you're in concert with Kenny Chesney though, you go first.

We saw her on the Allure Inaugural out of Galveston...definitely a very talented young lady.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you have time to spare here is the video of our trip to the Grand Canyon. I cut a lot out and it is still just under 15 minutes. You can see how low Lake Mead is even though it has gone up a bit, Hover Dam, The GC Skywalk, and a return flight over the strip. The one thing I found amazing is how green and lush even the dessert was after their rains so far this year. You especially see it in along the river’s edge. 

If you have any question I might be able to answer them. I also added some music so please turn up your volume. 

Excellent video and music selection.   Love it!!   Sounds beautiful, I hope to see in person someday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you have time to spare here is the video of our trip to the Grand Canyon. I cut a lot out and it is still just under 15 minutes.

Enjoyed the video, Andrew.  Looks like a beautiful day for the flight.  Especially liked the song choice for the end of the video. 

Happy Easter to all those who celebrate.  We are off to the Easter service.  It will be packed today. 

Meanwhile, it looks like the signs were out for the Easter Bunny. 

B9A43C7B-AFBE-4F81-9281-D3938948F42B.thumb.jpeg.9c0b3e7f3855445a3a15311184c88636.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great video. Well done Andrew!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Woohoo!!! What a ride.  Thanks for sharing and for the awesome tunes!

5 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Woohoo!!! What a ride.  Thanks for sharing and for the awesome tunes!

+ 1  @A&L_Ont

Thank you, Andrew, for the amazing video, giving me a perspective I know I'll never experience, since I'm so afraid of flying 🙏

And, speaking of Vegas, which Andrew made me to visit again.... Bob @bobmacliberty,

Please help me understand... we're diamond on RC. We have to actually book a room in MGM, stay there, let's say for a night, in order to qualify to book a room at CP at a reduced rate? Thanks 🙏

• Like 4