Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Great shot!

I’m getting bored with Gary and his sexual antics. Time for a new crew and also a new boat.

You are right. The Gary theme is old and that broken down boat is tired. Until you mentioned that it didn't hit me that the other BD lines entertain us with new boats to see. BD-SY has been the same boat from its inception.

• Like 3

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

You are right. The Gary theme is old and that broken down boat is tired. Until you mentioned that it didn't hit me that the other BD lines entertain us with new boats to see. BD-SY has been the same boat from its inception.

Yes I’d like to see them change things up. I do like Captain Glen but the continuing drama with Gary, Daisy and Collin is getting old. They need a whole new crew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope she is better.

She  didn't say if she even had a headache.  When she gets back to the DR, she will probably try to get him to adjust her BP meds.  She is an RN and knowing her, she might just do it herself.

• Like 6

In August 2020,a cousin who I was very close to died from cancer.In February 2021 her 39 year old daughter died from MS.Last night her granddaughter graduated college.Although she lived in Calif .she desired to go to a college in NYC where she has many relatives.Toby and I zoomed the graduation .

The keynote speaker was the husband of a woman who on September 11,2001 was on one of the planes that landed in New Foundland .She had been visiting her father in the UK.

• Like 4

TSOTD s from Curaçao one of my favorite places.The last time we were there was in 2018.We went into a store .While Toby was browsing I got into a conversation with the owner.Although he was much younger than me we grew up in the same area.He said I was the first person he met since living in Curaçao who lived in his area.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few pics from this morning. 

IMG_9632.thumb.jpeg.af6d928c5e741a360ed8288677fc78c2.jpeg

IMG_9633.thumb.jpeg.3af252718cf6f311df83a274c8f30103.jpeg

Nice pool area. 

IMG_9638.thumb.jpeg.7c268047c5334fff8a6bf37c45b27225.jpeg

IMG_9640.thumb.jpeg.65a76958fad15fcf67504f39b208df87.jpeg

IMG_9641.thumb.jpeg.b2345e0caac305ffeb478f5f5b092d93.jpeg

I've never seen The Strip without bump-to-bumper traffic. It must've been very early in the morning.

Glad to hear the pool area is nice. There was concern that when the City Center was built, it'd block out the sun light. Do they still have the wave pool and lazy river?  From the website, it appears they do not. Might have been removed when the place was renovated & name changed from Monte Carlo to Park MGM.

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've never seen The Strip without bump-to-bumper traffic. It must've been very early in the morning.

Glad to hear the pool area is nice. There was concern that when the City Center was built, it'd block out the sun light. Do they still have the wave pool and lazy river?  From the website, it appears they do not. Might have been removed when the place was renovated & name changed from Monte Carlo to Park MGM.

We didn’t see either but I thought I read that they kept part of the lazy river. The pool area looked really nice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

Bought it on Friday, it will delivered om Monday, and it was.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

That must have been a big shock to you both @mo&fran.

I'm pleased to hear your wife is okay now.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm finally all caught up.   We arrived at our shore house in LBI Saturday morning.  Here for 2 weeks.   Been doing some little projects and enjoying the beautiful weather.   My Brother and SIL are here for the week.   Been to the beach for a couple hours everyday.   Off for a bike ride next.   

@Luckynana how was Steel Pier at Surfside Theater?

Have a wonderful, relaxing 2 weeks.  I hope the weather holds up for you. I know you're in your happy place.  Keep enjoying.🏖️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm doing the same thing. It is 7PM and just beautiful on the beach right now.

20230613_192117.thumb.jpg.97b980f3d8136ab60951d661bfe99f54.jpg

Always interesting to see the different colour sand in different areas along the east coast.    Our sand here in LBI is soft white sand where as your sand looks golden.   All beautiful.

My bike got a flat tire today.  Eric to fix tomorrow morning.  Glad he is officially retired as of yesterday!!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 15

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always interesting to see the different colour sand in different areas along the east coast.    Our sand here in LBI is soft white sand where as your sand looks golden.   All beautiful.

Soft white sand in NJ.........and when it's hot, don't forget to mention just how hot that sand gets walking on your bare feet.

When we were little kids, it used to a full out sprint to get to the water......to cool your feet off when arriving at the beach.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My bike got a flat tire today.  Eric to fix tomorrow morning.  Glad he is officially retired as of yesterday!!

Congratulations to Eric, hadn't heard this was on the horizon.  🎉🥂

• Like 4