Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

Bought it on Friday, it will delivered om Monday, and it was.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

I hope she is doing well now. Best wishes for speedy recovery. May you have many delicious dinners cooked on your new range!

We have the Maytag range that has an Air Fryer. Ours is gas. I don't know how to use the air fryer component, yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I hope she is doing well now. Best wishes for speedy recovery. May you have many delicious dinners cooked on your new range!

We have the Maytag range that has an Air Fryer. Ours is gas. I don't know how to use the air fryer component, yet.

Ours is a Frigidaire. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Glad your wife is ok, scary.  Congrats on the new range, we replaced ours recently with a GE that has an air fryer setting.  Just to set expectations it does not work like the small counter top versions.  Does it crisp things more than a regular oven, yes, but not as much as I had hoped.  In reality it's really just a higher powered convection oven.  Hoping you have better results.

We had the opposite from you on delivery, our range took months to get, thankfully was not needed.  Dishwasher, which we replaced just this year, was in stock and here in days.  Seems like a lot of the supply chain issues with appliances are easing.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Sorry to hear that, but glad she is ok. 

• Like 2

Thought this was odd yesterday. 

IMG_7548.thumb.jpeg.1b2410e71e5da2bcb407114c99c090e2.jpeg

Wait time was longer for TSA Pre✔️  I felt like the animals getting on Noah’s Ark, going through security at SFO.  “Line up, two by two, walk shoulder to shoulder, and don’t stop.”   All this while the dog walked back and forth between passengers as they walked the gauntlet.  

I am convinced they don’t know how to calculate wait times in California.  We downloaded the app for Six Flags, and the wait timed it displayed for the rides never changed all day.  You could always count on a wait that was at least twice what was shown.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

For Greg @Sea Dog.

Docked in Flam Norway.

IMG_20230605_113531.jpg

Winner Winner!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Wow that’s scary. I’m glad she was ok. Enjoy your new range.

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

At least an inch or two. 

WOW he’s definitely eating his “Wheaty’s.” Have fun in Vegas!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

For @Sea Dog

Closest I could get for a line shot.

IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.5e2b6f4205bbd529553ae3aa56b1efec.jpeg

Great shot!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I watched Below Deck SY last night. It was two hours of nothing but sexual exploits. The show has really taken a poor turn and if it doesn't move back closer to its roots I may soon be out. After 1.5 hrs last night I gave up and decided I'd be better off sleeping and went to bed.

I’m getting bored with Gary and his sexual antics. Time for a new crew and also a new boat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

VERY scary.  Glad she's ok.  I love my countertop air fryer.  Enjoy your new electric range.  What made the old one "explode"?

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

VERY scary.  Glad she's ok.  I love my countertop air fryer.  Enjoy your new electric range.  What made the old one "explode"?

Her head hit the glass. Explode describes what happens when tempered glass breaks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

How very scary that must have been.  Glad to hear she is ok😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm finally all caught up.   We arrived at our shore house in LBI Saturday morning.  Here for 2 weeks.   Been doing some little projects and enjoying the beautiful weather.   My Brother and SIL are here for the week.   Been to the beach for a couple hours everyday.   Off for a bike ride next.   

@Luckynana how was Steel Pier at Surfside Theater?

• Like 10

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

That was a scare.  I am glad you found a new one you like that was in stock.  I am really glad that she is ok now.  

• Like 1