Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Given the amount of complaints here in Australia when the Carnival Luminosa (formerly Costa) arrived without water slides and no whale tail - I am wondering if Carnival Australia will cave and add them…Costa interiors are definitely an improvement on the standard Carnival interiors that’s for sure

• Like 2

The carnival ships imo have the most gaudy interiors - cheap 80’s Las Vegas.     However, I have seen pictures of a couple of the newer ships and their interiors are far superior and modern.  Even the cabins are nice.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen came home from school today, 2 more full days left. Then 4 days of exams/year end assignments. 

Today they had the sports assembly and he showed this to us when he got home. An amazing thing to get, but for some reason Lisa and I aren’t surprised. 

IMG_9883.thumb.jpeg.daac4a8d733e23504fa646ea94b88423.jpeg

IMG_9884.thumb.jpeg.b74d9e821e01a45484c7bfffcbcffc32.jpeg

Congrats to Owen. Well deserved, I'm sure.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

My fault.  2md attempt below.  The good news regarding this adoptee is she hardly limps at all anymore.  We've got a vacation to Norway coming up, its going to be hard to leave her!

image.thumb.png.dcfd114583350e4278d47e6b9f561347.png

So happy to hear she hardly limps.  It will definitely be hard to go on vacation, such a sweet loving face.  You are all very lucky to have each other🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I want to thank those who clarified that my dear wife's birthday wishes were NOT don't get me anything.  Said event happened yesterday, gave her a box of Godiva chocolates and tickets to

AIN’T TOO PROUD: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE TEMPTATIONS! 

playing in Richmond in July w/ a promise of dinner with the show.

She is happy.  

Never underestimate the emotions that may arise on your spouse's 65th birthday and do get them a present or two!

Huh! I just turned 65 too. June 11th. Bill gave me a B&N gift card. Which is my most favorite gift. But yours sounds good too. This birthday age was a little tough, so I understand what your wife was feeling. It is one of those transitional birthdays. 😊

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Huh! I just turned 65 too. June 11th. Bill gave me a B&N gift card. Which is my most favorite gift. But yours sounds good too. This birthday age was a little tough, so I understand what your wife was feeling. It is one of those transitional birthdays. 😊

Good choice!  B&N is my favorite store . 
I’d rather buy my own gift .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I want to thank those who clarified that my dear wife's birthday wishes were NOT don't get me anything.  Said event happened yesterday, gave her a box of Godiva chocolates and tickets to

She is happy.  

Never underestimate the emotions that may arise on your spouse's 65th birthday and do get them a present or two!

Happy birthday to your dear wife.

happy-birthday-65.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2023 at 11:47 PM, jagsfan said:

Oh the things you’ll miss if you move!!

On the other hand, we’ll get to see the sights of a different part of Australia, so your moving might benefit the rest of us!!!

I figure you have all seen photos from me of the Harbour, the Bridge & the Opera House from almost every angle by now…so it might be a very good thing that I share some sights from elsewhere….

• Like 1

Finally caught up on the trip reports and a couple of posts that I missed replying to.

@singinalot thanks for sharing your girls weekend away with us.  You take great photos & videos and as I mentioned before I love your restaurant/bar choices.  I always get food envy from your trips and this time I got handbag envy too!

@A&L_Ont Thanks for sharing your amazing Knights trip with us all.  How wonderful that you got to experience that winning euphoria as a family. Nice touch that you reached out with your spare ticket too.  Congratulations to Owen on his award.

@dani negreanu Glad you are having a fab time at that superb looking resort. Look forward to your photos on your return.

@Sea Dog love your Tiki garden and the statues that Linda gifted you for Father’s Day

@Jimbo your new kitchen is stunning.  Might have taken longer than you hoped but it’s definitely worth it.  Your wife had a great eye.

How did you go with your poem @lenquixote66

@lenquixote66

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I figure you have all seen photos from me of the Harbour, the Bridge & the Opera House from almost every angle by now…so it might be a very good thing that I share some sights from elsewhere….

All of your photos are lovely wherever you are and they are much appreciated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

She is happy.  

Good job!  I saw that show when it was in Detroit last summer.  It is phenomenal!!!  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The girls wanted to treat me so yesterday they took us to a Mexican restaurant.   

I had a shimp fajita salad.

20230618_120505.thumb.jpg.9a96e563ac081bb8c20c637dae67d2c3.jpg

Not sure what but a couple other meals ordered.

20230618_120636.thumb.jpg.a10cf836fb9f4a314adc20ff9fb312e7.jpg

20230618_120641.thumb.jpg.1a8013ebdd2d0327c4e3c9e0df71ae3c.jpg

What a fantastic weekend. Having your three daughters and families round AND great food, perfect 🥰 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

For those of you interested in maritime history, a submersible operated by Ocean Gate that takes tourists to view the Titanic wreckage has been reported overdue in St John’s Newfoundland on Sunday evening. It carries a total of 5 people.

This was reported on BBC news.

I was reading about this, sending prayers that they are found before the air runs out 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/41ee8d3a-0eaa-11ee-a92d-cf7c831c99b5?shareToken=c74958be51910a25e06c792fd6e2a9a6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen came home from school today, 2 more full days left. Then 4 days of exams/year end assignments. 

Today they had the sports assembly and he showed this to us when he got home. An amazing thing to get, but for some reason Lisa and I aren’t surprised. 

Congratulations Owen, well done 👏 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to Owen and his Proud Parents🤩

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I was reading about this, sending prayers that they are found before the air runs out 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/41ee8d3a-0eaa-11ee-a92d-cf7c831c99b5?shareToken=c74958be51910a25e06c792fd6e2a9a6

There is an optimistic scenario where the sub would have released a weight when it ran into trouble, causing it to float to the surface, where it could be bobbing in the waves and waiting to be found.  I don't know how realistic this scenario is, but I'm hoping that it will be the case.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

Happy belated 65th Birthday!!!🦋💐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

She is happy.  

Happy 65th Birthday to your Wife.   Have fun celebrating 🤩💐🎂

• Thanks 1