Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous!!  How long does it take to make?  Do you sell your masterpieces?

Edit, I see you were given clues over a 2 month span.   That's really intriguing.  

I don't sell my knitting.  No one could afford my work.  I do donate to silent auctions etc.  I also have given a few things to my knit worthy parts of the family.  I usually have several items on the needles at a time but if I concentrate on one thing I can make a shawl in 2 weeks.  I have a tee I am almost finished with. I am alternating it with the wedding shawl.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

According to my new calendar page, we are due to see some fireworks this month. 

IMG_7776.thumb.jpeg.45335821ff11d4dd090af0fa127f95b5.jpeg

Grandson spent the night with his cousins last night, so I have to pick him up later.  

Meanwhile, I am sitting at the Urgent Care Center, waiting on Susan.  I hope the figure out what is wrong.  We were thinking possibly Lyme disease, because she had a tick last week.  No telltale bullseye, but I don’t know if you actually need one of those.  

The picture is wonderful.  I hope they figure out what is wrong and get her on the road to feeling better.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

White Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 it is July 1st.

Pauline and Sarah loved the

Rod Stewart/Boy George culture club concert last night.

We had dinner at Lumley castle which was close to the venue.

I parked nearby to pick them up and heard the last 4 songs.

The last song was 

I Am Sailing 🚢

It is 60°F and sunny here at 08.51am.

We were still chatting in our conservatory until 01.00am.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to having a lovely weekend.

IMG-20230630-WA0013.jpg

IMG_20230630_174050.jpg

You have the best adventures!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RedJessi said:

I took a class with Lisa Ross at Four Purls in Winter Haven Florida - she was delightful. I have Coming Together on the needles. 🙂

I like that one.  I need to dig out my Just Beachy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Grandson spent the night with his cousins last night, so I have to pick him up later.  

Meanwhile, I am sitting at the Urgent Care Center, waiting on Susan.  I hope the figure out what is wrong.  We were thinking possibly Lyme disease, because she had a tick last week.  No telltale bullseye, but I don’t know if you actually need one of those.  

It is eatimated that only about 25% of cases develop the rash.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is eatimated that only about 25% of cases develop the rash.

That must be her case.  They are putting her on meds for four weeks.  I hope it gets rid of her aches and she gets some energy back.  We are taking all the grandkids to Myrtle Beach in a week. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Hope it isn't serious and that Susan gets relief soon.  I love reading about your grandkids adventures.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I don't sell my knitting.  No one could afford my work.  I do donate to silent auctions etc.  I also have given a few things to my knit worthy parts of the family.  I usually have several items on the needles at a time but if I concentrate on one thing I can make a shawl in 2 weeks.  I have a tee I am almost finished with. I am alternating it with the wedding shawl.

You're very talented!

@DaniDanielle Marietta, your sweet granddaughter will always be a star.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Some of my happiest memories of my childhood are time spent with my maternal grandmother. 

Same here.  Actually both my maternal grandparents.  And it wasn’t that they took me to Disney or even planned any child specific activities…they just clearly loved me.  And were extremely interesting and funny people.  

When my maternal grandmother died I said sadly to DH “No one will ever love me like that again.”  He replied “Honey, I love you.”  I said “Not like that.”

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hope it isn't serious and that Susan gets relief soon.  I love reading about your grandkids adventures.

+ 2  Mark @h20skibum

You're very talented!

+ 1  Karen  @Keksie

@DaniDanielle Marietta, your sweet granddaughter will always be a star.

@DaniDanielle  + 2 Marietta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

@Sea Dog, I'm going to jump on the "rent a scooter" bandwagon here.  Either a scooter or an electric wheelchair.  Being able to rest your knee when walking around the ship will allow you to have more use of your knee when you're on your excursions.  

My friend who is an amputee rented a WHILL chair from Scootaround on a cruise a few years ago and he loved it so much that he bought one from Scootaround to use at home instead of the powerchair he already owned!  

The WHILL chair is different, because it doesn't have wheels that turn from side to side when steering... instead, the front wheels (called Omniwheels) are made up of multiple "discs" that spin from side when turning.  It's hard to explain, but makes sense once you see it in action.  It's also good in lots of terrain where a regular powerchair or scooter would struggle.

Another thing that is really helpful for my friend is that it can be driven remotely via an app on his phone.  So he can wheel out to a vehicle in the driveway, get in the car, then drive the chair back into the garage and close the garage door, all from inside the car.  That part wouldn't be necessary for you, but I thought it was a really neat feature for disabled people who need it.  

Side benefit of having a powerchair instead of a scooter -- you always have a seat in every venue! 

If your knee is still giving you problems when your cruise comes around (which it sounds like it will, until it gets replaced), please give serious consideration to getting a powerchair or scooter to make your vacation more enjoyable for you... and also more enjoyable for your wife and friends who will hate to see you struggling with your sore knee.

Thanks Debbie for your advice. It’s something to consider but I’m hopeful that another injection will help me get through the cruise.

• Like 2

@Sea Dog  Wish us luck, heading here today to try some Brandy. We are told it's very good. Neither my Wife or I are really Brandy drinkers though. Skipping the Wineries this weekend.

https://farissfarms.com/saltystashdistillery/

Give us some pointers for what we should look for, finding a good brandy?

Should I pick up some cigars? 🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog  Wish us luck, heading here today to try some Brandy. We are told it's very good. Neither my Wife or I are really Brandy drinkers though. Skipping the Wineries this weekend.

https://farissfarms.com/saltystashdistillery/

Give us some pointers for what we should look for, finding a good brandy?

Should I pick up some cigars? 🤣

Im more of a cognac guy than brandy. Though the only difference is the cognac is distilled from grapes in the champagne region of France. The main thing about Brandy that you should ask is “how long has it been aged?” A VSOP is aged longer than a VS and a XO is aged longer than a VSOP. I’m not a cigar smoker but I know a lot of people that like to smoke a cigar and drink a glass of brandy or cognac. The aromas will merge in the mouth, accentuating the flavours and scents of the cigar and spirit simultaneously. Have fun and let me know how you like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hoping Susan is feeling better soon.  Not fun feeling bad anytime but even more so with all your upcoming adventures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why balloons need to be banned. This really aggravates me.

20230701_105722.thumb.jpg.3d47bdc815093fb49b3ef7d2645312f8.jpg

Totally agree, OB!  Our daughter and SIL own a tugboat company, our granddaughter is a Lifeguard, and they are always around water.  This is so upsetting to see;  along with plastic bottles, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That must be her case.  They are putting her on meds for four weeks.  I hope it gets rid of her aches and she gets some energy back.  We are taking all the grandkids to Myrtle Beach in a week. 

I do hope Susan gets her energy back, you all have a lot of Summer with the grandchildren.  I hope it's not Lyme, but it's good that she didn't wait too long before she sought help and answers from the Dr.  

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Ahhh, you're one of THOSE!!! 😉🤣

Seriously though, every year Mariner fans complain because a massive number of Canadians (usually from Vancouver) come down to Seattle for the weekend and pack the ballpark when the Blue Jays are in town to play the Mariners.  For years it was always on Canada Day weekend. 

It's pretty much like an away series for the M's.

On our Ovation cruise last year we decided to go to a ball game as we were there a few days early.  Didn't even realize they were playing the Jays until I went to by the tickets.  It was a sea of blue in the stands. Hadn't been to a game in over 5 years living less than an hour away and here we were on the other side of the country watching them play 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Same here.  Actually both my maternal grandparents.  And it wasn’t that they took me to Disney or even planned any child specific activities…they just clearly loved me.  And were extremely interesting and funny people.  

How blessed you were to have had them in your life.  I didn't grow up with Grandparents, I was six years old when my maternal grandfather passed away.  Oh, how I loved him!   My Mom was 8 or 9 when her mom passed;  my grandfather remarried a very cold, impersonal woman who never showed affection...ever!

My Dad's father was killed when my Dad was a young boy, and my paternal grandmother was a very quiet woman who kept to herself.  I was around 10 or 11 when she passed away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1