Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has re-discovered his holiday mojo.  After years of only holidaying  in the exact same location,  he is now keen for variety.  First it was beautiful Noosa.  Yesterday, he sent me a link to some lovely cottages at the base of a lighthouse on the NSW coast.  We are booking one of the cottages today.

Looks like my days of cruising are coming to an end.  I started cruising in 2013 because I was bored of holidaying in the same spot every year.  With DH being keen to explore more,  both my “kids” soon to be living overseas and limited leave as I work full-time,  land trips are going to be my focus from now on until we retire.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's great that your DH has his holiday mojo back.  Hopefully you'll find some great new spots to visit.  We've found that our interest in cruising has actually gone down in retirement.  It's much easier to take short trips somewhere and for longer land trips, having a couple of weeks to really experience a place is nicer than an 8 hour port day.  We will still cruise when we have a specific itinerary in mind, or if it's a larger family thing (like we're doing next year).  But with the recent increase in prices and a reduction in quality, there likely won't be a lot of cruising for just the two of us. It's sad that this is what cruising has become for us as we really have loved it, and we recently became D+.  Spending 2 weeks in Italy, or Scotland, or Japan for example, just seems more appealing.  

Agree with you both, while we enjoy cruising it's kind of lost its luster for us.  Booked a short Celebrity cruise for January as part of a bigger trip just to break it up. Looking at other options, so many places to see and want to go before we are too old to truly enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Aruba. Oh its HOT HOT HOT! We had day passes for Renaissance Island. We docked at the pier behind the regular pier, the old container terminal.  where the old control tower is. There were shuttles to take you to the port entrance. Never ever docked at this pier in my ten thousand times before. Was told that now if there are two ships, one will be docked here.  Pictures to follow.

A long time friend of mine was born in Aruba and told me many,many years ago how beautiful the island was.The first time I was there was 2010 and I was enjoying it so much that I did not want to go back on the ship.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hope your OT is helping you greatly, Lenny!🥰

She is the best Therapist I ever worked with .I have only had 7 sessions with her and I am doing so much better.Prior to the start I was unable to elevate my right leg at all.Now I can about 4 inches which does not seem like a lot but it truly is.She has increased my arm strength too.

• Like 13

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

She is the best Therapist I ever worked with .I have only had 7 sessions with her and I am doing so much better.Prior to the start I was unable to elevate my right leg at all.Now I can about 4 inches which does not seem like a lot but it truly is.She has increased my arm strength too.

Good for you Lenny. I’m glad she is making a difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Good for you Lenny. I’m glad she is making a difference.

I had 16 in home PT sessions that really did not help.The last time I had OT was in 2019 after a fractured wrist.This OT Therapist specializes in Parkinsons .Unfortunately I am now at Stage 4 so the OT is really helping me.In addition to her skills as a Therapist she is a very nice person .

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That's Great🤩

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

20231017_114453.jpg

Great photos.   Thank RJ for use of his phone.

We have gone to Renaissance on past trips.  Always nice!

Also, love West Deck.

Still hot, it was a feel like 108f when we were there in September.  

Such a shame you didn't dock next to the scientology ship.  😘

• Like 3

On 10/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Marian.

Physically -- still safe. The soul -- not so much. Every day another atrocity is discovered, and the realization that we're not dealing with human beings is, sadly, very eye opening.

Yeah, you all need to realize you are on a tiny bit of land surrounded by aliens every single day.  Sometimes you all fight amongst yourself, oblivious to the previous.  Scares the heck out of me worrying about you.  

JMHO and I pray for you, which I never do, every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

L and J were going to the West Deck for lunch. I was absolutely thrilled  to meet them yesterday. 

If you see J can you ask if he's still doing a blog for his world cruise on you tube or elsewhere? I was really looking forward to it.

I don't unfortunately do fb 

Sue

• Like 4

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has re-discovered his holiday mojo.  After years of only holidaying  in the exact same location,  he is now keen for variety.  First it was beautiful Noosa.  Yesterday, he sent me a link to some lovely cottages at the base of a lighthouse on the NSW coast.  We are booking one of the cottages today.

Looks like my days of cruising are coming to an end.  I started cruising in 2013 because I was bored of holidaying in the same spot every year.  With DH being keen to explore more,  both my “kids” soon to be living overseas and limited leave as I work full-time,  land trips are going to be my focus from now on until we retire.

Glad hubby's found his wanderlust again. 

When we were working we thought we would be jumping on cruises every other month and taking long trips abroad.  But reality is we are probably doing the same amount of cruises as pre retirement, 2-3 a year and more short trips. Partly because of the grandchildren and family commitments, partly because of costs, living off pensions, cost of living etc, partly because of the boat which costs a small fortune in mooring fees, we need to get our money's worth out of it.

We really enjoyed our European road trip this Summer and want to do more like this 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10

Great news!   When I told my boss that we cancelled our January cruise he invited us to their home in Cape Coral for a long weekend.

Yesterday he told me he booked a couple of days at Boca Grande, Gasparilla island.

We will sail on their catamaran to the island.  Dock and stay onboard as their catamaran sounds like a small yacht with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, full living room, full kitchen, and hot tub on sun deck.

I never heard of this island off the coast of Ft. Myers but it looks beautiful from everything I saw online last night.

• Like 22

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Judy ! Just got through checking some pre cruise videos. 99% packed just got to put in the hanging clothes in the suitcase. Linda is ironing her stuff. We don’t leave till Thursday but tomorrow will be errand day. It also gives us time to remember if we’ve packed everything. I’ve gotten burned before packing last minute.

Best wishes to Linda and yourself Greg for a fantastic cruise.

I hope your knee is pain free too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!   When I told my boss that we cancelled our January cruise he invited us to their home in Cape Coral for a long weekend.

Yesterday he told me he booked a couple of days at Boca Grande, Gasparilla island.

We will sail on their catamaran to the island.  Dock and stay onboard as their catamaran sounds like a small yacht with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, full living room, full kitchen, and hot tub on sun deck.

I never heard of this island off the coast of Ft. Myers but it looks beautiful from everything I saw online last night.

Sounds very nice.  Enjoy.  

We have boated by it, when my parents lived on Pine Island.  Most of the time, when we were out, we would end up at Captiva.  

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to Linda and yourself Greg for a fantastic cruise.

I hope your knee is pain free too.

Thank you Graham . I hope my knee will hold up. We leave tomorrow for Fort Lauderdale. Review will start in a couple of hours.

• Like 10

Boca Grande and Gasparilla are beautiful.  True paradise. Enjoy your time there!

• Thanks 1

The kind of boss I can only aspire to be.  Sounds like a wonderful time!!!

• Like 3