Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Anniversary 🥂

Thank you

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Drive safe. I look forward to hearing more about your future adventures. Miss Daryl!

Somehow, Daryl had to appear in our family photo we took in the tiki hut of our house rental.   The grandkids were also making a “Daryl” movie.  My one grandson is taking a film making class.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

+1  Mark & Susan, and many happy more to come 🌷 @h20skibum 

Thank you

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@h20skibumFrom me also🍾

Thank you

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Anniversary wishes to Mark and Susan. Cheers to 44 years and many more to come.

Thank you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

44 years ago today, I met my wife on a blind date.  204 days later, we were married.  Maybe we will go celebrate tonight.

Welcome home, Mark and Susan.  Glad you got home safely!  Happy Anniversary on meeting Susan 44 years ago today!❤️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

Ughh!!  As a person who drives down that stretch of I77 all the time from MI to NC I would be so pissed sitting in that backed up traffic!!!!

That brings back memories of sitting on I-95 in SC years ago.  It's never good going through that State, but a couple of years ago, it took us over 8 hours to get through SC 😯

Question for my fellow phone techies. Various sites recommend limiting battery charge to 85% to prolong the life of that critter sealed up in your phone. Other issues include charging cycles as well as heat. So here is my question(s). If limiting the charge causes you to go through more charging cycles, do you think it is better, or not, to charge to 100% and go through less cycles? Also, if fast, and superfast, charging generate more heat do you think it is better to turn those off unless you are in need of a very fast charge?

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Welcome home, Mark and Susan.  Glad you got home safely!  Happy Anniversary on meeting Susan 44 years ago today!❤️

Thank you

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations .My one and only blind date was terrible

Evidently, mine worked out better

• Like 2

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All I can say is it is cold here.  

We made it home yesterday.  The drive was a mix of snow and rain for half the drive.  Pretty uneventful, but we did see this guy who effectively blocked the SB lanes of I-77

IMG_0578.thumb.jpeg.3f0f68997b8dff3c8715c1902804d400.jpeg

Laundry done, and everything is put away. Still lots of things on our agenda today. 

This driver did it to themselves, and unfortunately effected others. 

• Like 2

How about some Lucy shots.

This was her this morning getting some pets. Probably wondering if she really want to walk down the laneway with Owen while he waited for the bus.  

IMG_3336.thumb.jpeg.f82aedd8c69eb3d36ffed2c04f19a15d.jpeg

And just now looking for more. 

IMG_3357.thumb.jpeg.0dce1fbdbc40b0eb47be64f1b87a64fe.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This was her this morning getting some pets. Probably wondering if she really want to walk down the laneway with Owen while he waited for the bus.  

,🤗💞

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Saw this and thought of you and @Ocean Boy in particular but also for all our pet lovers.

image.png.622a34de21dbd6084d421de6ec185dc1.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

My crazy life has given me so little time to read my favorite threads. Namely Dani’s here. 

I usually go here 2-3 times a week. 

Little Miss Zoey keeps me busy. 
She is just a tad over one year old and naps are few and far an occurrence. 

Me being the entertainment committee have had to raise my daily activities to avoid boredom and keep her learning. 

Our days center around. 

1.  Going to one store and show and tell.  Anything from fruit and vegetables (colorful) items to just walking and taking in the sights. 
2. Quick visit either mom or dad at work. 
3.  One -two hours of TV. ( usually sponge bob or Miss Rachel). 
4. Help me clean kitchen, pick up toys and start supper. ( she watches). 
5.  Story time. I read picture books. She now pays closer attention and stops trying to eat the pages. 

BUT:

The greatest accomplishment is she now has made the connection to asking for what she wants with sign language. 

Zoey is not deaf. But I read an article that our children in this upcoming world should know a second language. 
We googled some of the languages that had a need of high demand. 
They were

Mandarin

Chinese

Spanish

Arabic 

Sign language 

Well her mom had 4 years of Spanish (8-11 grade). So that was covered. And signing was something I wanted to learn. 

So I use you tube and flash cards and we are both learning. 
Then we saw that the TV show Miss Rachel does some signing. It was great to find and an excellent reinforcement. I could not believe it. 

So. Tuesday as I was reading “Chunky Monkey “ she starts holding up her hand and signed “milk”. 
I go do you want milk??

She goes again the sign. 

I get her 2 ounces just to see if she would ask for more. 

She drank the 2 ounces. And I asked her if she wants more. She did nothing. 

So I signed the more hand signal and she just watched. She made a good attempt and then did the milk sign. 

Oh. She knows and speaks words 

mama

dada

dog

bad

NO

BYE 

to name a few. 

They grow to fast. 
I am so happy I am a part of her life and want to make it meaningful for her and keep me young. 

Stay warm. 
Be safe. 

• Like 27

13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

My crazy life has given me so little time to read my favorite threads. Namely Dani’s here. 

Me being the entertainment committee have had to raise my daily activities to avoid boredom and keep her learning. 

Our days center around. 

1.  Going to one store and show and tell.  Anything from fruit and vegetables (colorful) items to just walking and taking in the sights. 
5.  Story time. I read picture books. She now pays closer attention and stops trying to eat the pages. 

BUT:

The greatest accomplishment is she now has made the connection to asking for what she wants with sign language. 

Zoey is not deaf. But I read an article that our children in this upcoming world should know a second language. 
They were

Mandarin

Chinese

Spanish

Arabic 

Sign language 

Well her mom had 4 years of Spanish (8-11 grade). So that was covered. And signing was something I wanted to learn. 

Then we saw that the TV show Miss Rachel does some signing. It was great to find and an excellent reinforcement. I could not believe it. 

So. Tuesday as I was reading “Chunky Monkey “ she starts holding up her hand and signed “milk”. 
I go do you want milk??

She goes again the sign. 

So I signed the more hand signal and she just watched. She made a good attempt and then did the milk sign. 

mama

dada

dog

bad

NO

BYE 

to name a few. 

They grow to fast. 
I am so happy I am a part of her life and want to make it meaningful for her and keep me young. 

Stay warm. 
Be safe. 

That sounds wonderful.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Our days center around. 

BUT:

They were

Mandarin

Chinese

Spanish

Arabic 

Sign language 

I go do you want milk??

She goes again the sign. 

mama

dada

dog

bad

NO

BYE 

to name a few. 

They grow to fast. 

Stay warm. 
Be safe. 

I think that learning sign language is a great thing.  Both of my grandkids learned early on before they were verbal, made things so much simpler.  

Enjoy your time with Miss Zoey, it goes by way too fast.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Question for my fellow phone techies. Various sites recommend limiting battery charge to 85% to prolong the life of that critter sealed up in your phone. Other issues include charging cycles as well as heat. So here is my question(s). If limiting the charge causes you to go through more charging cycles, do you think it is better, or not, to charge to 100% and go through less cycles? Also, if fast, and superfast, charging generate more heat do you think it is better to turn those off unless you are in need of a very fast charge?

It's been a long time since I looked at this topic.  I am sure you know that there is an option you can choose that stops the charging at 85%.  Long ago I had it turned on for about 2 weeks and then turned it off.  Right now I have fast and superfast charge turned on not that I really need it.

With that said my phone seems to hold as long of a charge as it always had.  Also I rarely notice the phone get warm from superfast charging.  My phone usually charges while I am in bed.  I really don't need superfast charge but I have no concern leaving it on and sofar it has not caused any problems.  

Last night it charged 100%.  I have been moderately using it for at least 10 hours today with Bluetooth on and right now it has 68% left. With all of that said I have no concerns. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yeah, he was stuck there.  Wheels were spinning, and traffic was backing up toward the tunnel.

Interesting since he has 4 sets of wheels on the cab. Wondering how none can be touching the ground hard enough to give him some traction to get out of there and then onto the Southbound lanes.

Is his front bumper stuck on the guard rail or something?

Looks like he should be able to make the turn, but taking out that road sign by his trailer, that probably says that crossover road is just for emergency use only. 

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting since he has 4 sets of wheels on the cab. Wondering how none can be touching the ground hard enough to give him some traction to get out of there and then onto the Southbound lanes.

Is his front bumper stuck on the guard rail or something?

Looks like he should be able to make the turn, but taking out that road sign by his trailer, that probably says that crossover road is just for emergency use only. 

No his front bumper is clear.  The only impediment I can see when going close in on the pic is that his rear bumper is dragging on the ground.  But, assuming he has good traction, he should be able to drag that through.  I suspect the problem is he doesn't want to damage his trailer skin by driving through that sign.  We used to haul newsprint and the integrity of the exterior on a trailer was critical.  Depending on what he is hauling he may be scared.  He'd probably be OK but when you get yourself in the middle of mess like that you don't always think really clearly.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No his front bumper is clear.  The only impediment I can see when going close in on the pic is that his rear bumper is dragging on the ground.  But, assuming he has good traction, he should be able to drag that through.  I suspect the problem is he doesn't want to damage his trailer skin by driving through that sign.  We used to haul newsprint and the integrity of the exterior on a trailer was critical.  Depending on what he is hauling he may be scared.  He'd probably be OK but when you get yourself in the middle of mess like that you don't always think really clearly.  

I think you are right, the back bumper thing on the trailer may be dragging but at that point, petal to the metal and take your chances, you done screwed up already anyway. Can't just sit there and hold all that traffic.

Just you tubed Matt of RC Blog on Icon OTS.  He walked through maybe less than 50% of the ship.   Elevators are different than anything I have experienced.  You don't press an up or down button but press a button of the floor you want to go to.  It then lights up the elevator number that will take you to your "destination".  When you enter the elevator you press nothing since it's already programmed to what floor you want to get to.

I was disappointed with Central Park.  Oasis has more greenery and the balconies on Icon all seem to be Infinite balconies with what I think are gaudy colored beachy colored shutters on every single "window".  Orange, yellow, lime green, dark green.  Just doesn't fit into my idea of a relaxing Central Park vibe.

Two story Royal Promenade 

Absolutely amazing lounge areas all through the ship.

For those sailing on Icon, one week won't be enough.

RCI builds the most innovative ships for sure, but Jack and I will pass on this one.  We prefer smaller ships without the bells and whistles.  Families will love it.  Kids will be busy all day long.

Pictures of the cabins are coming up on Matt's blog.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is a new poem for those of you who need your daily fix.

I still think she needs to spread her talent to the Princess and Virgin forums.  Maybe Bee is using AI to write the poems. Lol

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hi OB.  This is right up my alley, so I can offer some explanations.  The batteries in phones degrade the most when in the extreme states of charge.  That is 100% and 0%. Usually, most people charge their phones by plugging them in before going to bed, so the phone charges up to 100% and spends most of the night sitting at 100% and this has a long term effect on overall longevity.  The number of charge cycles do somewhat count but going from 30% to 80% only counts as a half cycle. The same as going from 50% to 100%

Charging super-fast also has a detrimental effect on battery health.  Wireless charging also creates lots of heat.

It is fine to charge to 100% once in a while if you are going to be needing it, or quickly if it is convenient, but on a regular basis, slow charging by plugging in, and keeping the phone in between 20% and 80% state of charge as much as possible, will improve the over all life span of the phone battery and after 3 years, will still most likely keep a charge almost as when it was new.

I have my phone set to limit charge to 80% and have fast charging disable by default.  But I did create manual routines that I save as widgets on my home screen so that I don't have to go searching in the settings every time i wish to enable them.  These widgets will bypass those default settings temporarily.

image.png.1c8db36119f028971758cc611b56ffd8.png

I hope this helps, but I can elaborate more in depth on any of the above points if you want more info.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Thanks 7

37 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I still think she needs to spread her talent to the Princess and Virgin forums

Do not encourage her to move to Princess.  I have a cruise booked on a new Princess ship next January.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 17