Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That has to be record time for a movie to go from theater to streaming!  It's actually still in some theaters.

Yup, still in theaters in our area too.   

Eric doesn't remember what day it appeared on Vudu he thinks it was last weekend.    From what I read online movie went to theaters on Jan 18th.   

Approx 10 days to appear on Vudu

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, still in theaters in our area too.   

Eric doesn't remember what day it appeared on Vudu he thinks it was last weekend.    From what I read online movie went to theaters on Jan 18th.   

Approx 10 days to appear on Vudu

We have that here in Australia.  10 days in cinemas then you see it on the streaming platforms…

I think cinemas will disappear permanently within 10 years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday our day out was to Cliveden. 

The house has burnt down twice and has been rebuilt. It has had some famous owners including the Waldorf-Astor family. Three generations of the family ashes  are in the Chapel in the grounds which are extensive, running down to the Thames. 

One of the cottages in the grounds was the scene of the famous '60s profumo scandal 

Which was made into a mini series " the trial of Christine Keeler'  a few years ago

Great for walking molly through the extensive grounds 

Here's a view from a distance

20240201_131909.thumb.jpg.4071ece6ed7c9db8d422aea790d37b21.jpg

the grounds just in front of the house (which is a leased as a luxury hotel)

20240201_114252.thumb.jpg.738ff0907d5fb975bfc9d9408464216a.jpg

the walk contines down to the Thames

20240201_124318.thumb.jpg.9ffad51f616fc360d28233703ac2bf20.jpg

20240201_123006.jpg

Lovely views😊

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our week at the holiday house is coming to an end. I like this stretch of road we drove through yesterday.1E2A1235-DCB1-4A81-ABD4-E3FBAA73C98E.thumb.jpeg.49e3380cc900375426d6f444c015ab91.jpeg

Early evening from the viewing point & sunset views from our deck.1E70B25F-8A5D-47F7-B1E8-FAF98BABDC8E.thumb.jpeg.972574e7a696fec7ec489d4a91cce4ca.jpeg

7C44391C-88CE-4CB4-9825-6639C9B7A47A.thumb.jpeg.4af6931b49ae6cefa22135ec9243fca1.jpeg

That first picture reminds me of the street where my daughter lives in NJ,  I'll try to post the picture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey is sailing along the north coast of Cuba making its way to Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to returning aboard tomorrow.🙂

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your adventures. Have a great time and as always drink a Kraken Colada for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fun aspect of cruising - In May 2022 we went on a cruise to Bermuda.  While on the cruise we met a nice couple from Ohio and basically spent time with them each evening for cocktails in the Diamond Lounge.  We have kept in touch on occasion through FB.  It turns out they are going to be in our town today and we are meeting them for dinner this evening. 

It reminds me how many friendships are made through cruising (Including many in this group).   

As a side note, I sure hope the groundhog is right and we have an early spring.   Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Like 15

A note about cell phones.  I know on IPhones that when you delete a voicemail it does not actually totally leave your phone.  Under Voicemail there is a Deleted Voicemail box.  There are the messages you deleted and messages from any blocked callers you have.  You must delete the deleted messages stored there.  Because you may not know they are there…but they are taking up space in your cell and people calling you will get the message box full information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Staten Island Chuck agrees with Phil !

Early Spring-bring on the sunshine and mild temperatures.

Enjoy the day everyone!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

It will be 60 and sunny where I am next Friday and Saturday.

53 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Fun aspect of cruising - In May 2022 we went on a cruise to Bermuda.  While on the cruise we met a nice couple from Ohio and basically spent time with them each evening for cocktails in the Diamond Lounge.  We have kept in touch on occasion through FB.  It turns out they are going to be in our town today and we are meeting them for dinner this evening. 

It reminds me how many friendships are made through cruising (Including many in this group).   

As a side note, I sure hope the groundhog is right and we have an early spring.   Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

I have met 11 people who post on CC including 2 who post on this thread.I am in person friends or e-mail friends with many of the 11.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can’t believe it’s February already.  January seemed to pass in a blink of an eye.

Your January is a lot different from mine.  This is more like it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On this date in 2003 ,Toby and I moved into our Condo Complex.We were still working and we were healthy .We chose to move here because there were more amenities than any other all ages complex we looked at.

One of the interesting things is that many of the residents are avid cruisers.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Your January is a lot different from mine.  This is more like it.

One of my daughters and her husband also do Tik Tok videos but they are not famous as Kim and Penn.Perhaps they should go on the Amazing Race.

• Like 2

Now that I've gone down The Rabbit Hole with the Holderness family, I figured this my be of interest to our Swifties loving football fans. 🙂

Proof that Taylor Swift will win the Super Bowl. It's in the numbers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Now that I've gone down The Rabbit Hole with the Holderness family, I figured this my be of interest to our Swifties loving football fans. 🙂

Proof that Taylor Swift will win the Super Bowl. It's in the numbers.

Just ask her BFF.

• Haha 1

Phew, finally got caught up on this thread.  I was already a few days behind when I came down with some sort of a nasty cold last week.  Tested negative for COVID, didn't feel like influenza, think it was just a particularly vicious cold.  My throat was on absolute fire for 3-4 days, to the point where the only thing I consumed was ice water or ice cream during that time -- even soda-pop was "too harsh" to consider, and I drink several cans of Pepsi Zero per day.  

I actually ended up calling in sick to work for a couple of shifts (first time ever calling in at this job, and I've been there since April), and those who know me on FB might have noticed that I wasn't even posting memes for several days.  I was so exhausted that I couldn't even watch tv for a few days, I just turned into a vegetable.

Fortunately, I've come out on the other side of it, with just an occasional rumbly cough.  I've gotten caught up with this thread and the Bella thread, but still have to read about the Icon fun.  

• Like 21

On 1/24/2024 at 3:55 AM, sgmn said:

When we had our 2yr old grandson yesterday.  He, out of the blue, said he was doing 'downward dog' (yoga pose). Not sure where he picked this up from . 

IMG-20240123-WA0010.thumb.jpg.4f2d7e9bf23b2790a99e8cec413e1944.jpg

Kids just do the funniest stuff sometimes!  

If you ever need curly hair advice for that little one, feel free to ask.  I'm a bit of a curly hair expert.  (And now that he's out of the Army, even my son is wearing his hair longer and learning how to style the curls he inherited from his mother!)

• Like 4

On 1/26/2024 at 9:45 AM, Sea Dog said:

I’ve been not as focused keeping up with various threads on CC and posting. I’ve hit a very frustrating period in my knee replacement rehab. Dealing with a lot of pain and restless leg syndrome at night that’s driving be crazy. My rom  bend isn’t progressing as much as I wanted. Very depressed right now with everything.

I see that several people have already recommended asking your doc about Requip for your RLS.  I have given it to a lot of patients in the hospital, and I think it helps them because they often make a point of making sure it's on their med list for me to give them before bedtime.  

I hope you find something that gives you some relief -- proper sleep is so essential to the healing process!

• Like 5

On 1/26/2024 at 10:55 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Getting ready for the Iicon cruise tomorrow.

Hair cut and highlights ✔️ . Note to self, never try a new person before a vacation.

Nails done ✔️

Knee injection ✔️ 😖

I asked the dr how long the needle was and he said about an inch. There's no way this was only an inch. It's got to be at least 2 imo. Oh, and the pressure from the single dose injection. Ouch! It definitely looks smaller in the picture.

@Ocean Boy what do you think?

20240125_095017.thumb.jpg.1818b8ed26d3bfa8e5b850ce1f287227.jpg

My ortho wanted to try a cortisone injection in my knees, so I let him do one of them a couple months ago.  I totally get what you're talking about -- it's not the needle or the medicine itself that is so uncomfortable, but the pressure from putting all that volume into a restricted space inside the knee joint.  Fortunately, the pressure feeling subsides quickly. 

Unfortunately, the injection didn't make any difference in my pain level (but at least it doesn't hurt more), so I won't bother doing it in the other knee.  I think my issue is a combination of my osteoarthritis PLUS meniscus problems -- if it was just the OA involved, I think the shot would have been more beneficial.  

Hope your knee cooperates and you can enjoy the heck outta your cruise!

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 6:17 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Anyone who wonders about where Lucy really wants to escape into, it’s the big barn.  Sometimes she sneaks in and other times we let her in.  I let her in today for a couple hours while I blew snow. 

A world of excitement in here.  A mousers paradise. 

IMG_3444.thumb.jpeg.00cd687c4d686fc5b9a381dc5c1aeefc.jpeg

Is there any reason you don't put in a kitty door so she can have access to her hunting grounds at all times?  Or are you just afraid that she'll get stuck up in the rafters if you give her free access?

On 1/22/2024 at 7:14 PM, HBE4 said:

Reading about the Texas Religion of High School Football reminds me of the TV Show "Friday Night Lights", probably one of the best written, best acted, all around great but underrated TV shows there ever was. There is a movie by the same name which is a true story but the TV show is mostly fictional, although some of the actors from the movie are on the TV show.  

The first couple of seasons were on NBC but the later seasons were a joint production between NBC & DirectTV, with DirectTV getting to air it first & then NBC at a later date. It was a cost sharing thing & I'm pretty sure I never saw the last season so now I'm off to see if one of the many streaming services I subscribe to have it.

It's on Hulu... after reading this, I looked it up and added it to my watchlist!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1