Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Thank you so much for all the very kind thoughts and well wishes. It does really foul up our moving plans

So sorry this has happened to you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well bummer. It looks like our move is going to delayed. On Sunday night we were coming in from the deck and tripped and fell on my right hip. The hip is fine, but I have a small fracture in my pelvis. I spent Monday night in the hospital. I am not ambulatory and have a wheelchair, walker and commode. PT person is supposed to start today. The pain is absolutely excruciating but fortunately it is not displaced. It will eventually heal on its own. Just miserable in the meantime.

So sorry to hear this--breaks are so painful. Hoping you can get some relief. Ive always enjoyed your posts--DH is from the East Bay and we haven't been back in awhile and miss visiting. Hope you can get some rest and pain relief.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well bummer. It looks like our move is going to delayed. On Sunday night we were coming in from the deck and tripped and fell on my right hip. The hip is fine, but I have a small fracture in my pelvis. I spent Monday night in the hospital. I am not ambulatory and have a wheelchair, walker and commode. PT person is supposed to start today. The pain is absolutely excruciating but fortunately it is not displaced. It will eventually heal on its own. Just miserable in the meantime.

So sorry to hear you are suffering.  I hope you get some relief soon.   Take care Pat😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our next holiday will be a land vacation.  We have booked a lodge for 5 nights within a National Park in Victoria and during our stay we will hike 20km each way to the Lighthouse where will stay at the lodge for one night.

We have been  planning this trip since January and after much booking  anxiety this week…

booking the very limited accommodation was almost like securing TS tickets (there were 1000 ahead of me in the virtual queue on the first day of bookings when bookings opened at 10am for the summer period) We couldn’t get the original dates we wanted so had to push back our plans by 2 weeks.  

Bookings for the second lodge accommodation opened two days later and we learnt to get in the pre-release online queue earlier this time around and thankfully we managed to secure the  lodge on the date we wanted.  Phew!  

After road tripping down for our week in the NP, we will spend the weekend in Melbourne which I am also looking forward to.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Come to our house our ac broke Saturday still waiting for parts and it is 86 degrees inside.

We have the windows open. It is 75° in the house.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

That’s terrible. Did they say about how long it will take to heal? 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot recall the name of the hurricane that caused so much destruction in 2008 where my friends in a Houston suburb lived but after that storm they relocated to a suburb of Dallas and lived there the rest of their lives.

That would’ve been hurricane Ike, but the Endeavor High Rise Condominiums are still there. There was some damage, but it was still standing. I was curious about a building that was built to withstand hurricanes and was then totally destroyed, so I googled it. Maybe it was another building that was totally destroyed?

6 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Come to our house our ac broke Saturday still waiting for parts and it is 86 degrees inside.

That sucks. We had our power turned off yesterday and some of today so a wall battery could be installed so I know how hot it can get. Do you have any battery or USB fans for a little air circulation? Hope your ac gets fixed soon. Did they give you a time estimate for the parts? 

6 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Cooler in the house than outside

Coastal location. The fog is keeping the temperature down. My parents live 2-3 miles inland. It is warmer at their house.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s terrible. Did they say about how long it will take to heal? 

Without seeing the x-ray or knowing the location or her health history, I'd estimate 4 weeks and good and solid in 6.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, lately I've read a few posts about people accidentally booking a cruise.

It must be contagious. 

I am in the process of "accidentally" booking Bella 2.0😀

See y'all Feb 2025. Is there an initiation process? I don't swallow gold fish. Don't like seafood. 😉

@HBE4

H., So glad for this "accident" and, hopefully, we'll get to finally meet.

Group rates come with refundable deposit, so you'll have until beginning of November to decide.... For me, it's fast approaching and the "situation" here is still not resolved 😢

Here is the roll call for Bella 2. On page 42, post #1035 you'll find info about group rates for a pre-cruise hotel near the port ---

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have the windows open. It is 75° in the house.

75f is fine as long as there is low humidity and some type of a breeze.

I usually have Ac set at 71f when I'm home from work.   Eric keeps it at 74f during the day.

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and hope painkillers can help your pain.

• Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is cloudy and 57°F here at 12.15pm.

Very few properties if any  have Air conditioning here in North East England as it would rarely be turned on.

I hope everyone is healthy and safe and y'all have a wonderful day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  It was 80° for the early morning beach walk this morning.  First day we have had a nice sunrise

IMG_1832.thumb.jpeg.f75d3ee848b389c7d5d6bb376fbe4175.jpeg

It doesn’t look like rain is on the way later this morning. 

• Like 25

I keep my AC set at 74 in the summer and the heat at 72 in the winter.  I don't open the windows in the spring or fall because of the humidity and bugs that can get through the screens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, lately I've read a few posts about people accidentally booking a cruise.

It must be contagious. 

I am in the process of "accidentally" booking Bella 2.0😀

See y'all Feb 2025. Is there an initiation process? I don't swallow gold fish. Don't like seafood. 😉

That’s what I’d call a happy accident!  I’m not exactly sure what the initiation will be but I’m almost 100% certain it’ll take place in the Schooner Bar 😉🙂

• Like 6