Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

That just came up on the internet actually. Scroll down for the TikTok video. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-school-teacher-viral-tiktok-213554196.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Thanks!  That really helped.  So, my first cousin's children and their children are cousins once, twice removed, not 2nd or 3rd cousins to me.  I think???

@DaniDanielleHoping Charlie's tests come out wonderful.  So hard to wait but as @Sunshine3601Debbie said, hang in there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I sent a video of her team performing a really physically difficult pom routine and challenged him to say that her dancing was less of a sport than some of the school sports that were being automatically exempted.

Right?  Like "golf" is a physically demanding sport???

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

What do you call a male Karen? 😇

General consensus I've seen on the internet is "Kevin"!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks!  That really helped.  So, my first cousin's children and their children are cousins once, twice removed, not 2nd or 3rd cousins to me.  I think???

That is correct. Second and third cousins are on the same level. So, for example, your children and the children of your first cousin are second cousins. 

If applicable....

Your grandchildren and the grandchildren of your first cousin are third cousins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

(In the South marrying into the same family twice is because no one wants to have to break in another set of in-laws…)

Sometimes I wonder if the north and the south were just meant to be two separate countries.😯😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't believe it's taken me 5 days to realize that Harmony compass is only 4 pages now. It used to be 6.

FWIW, had more fun on Odyssey last week. This trip is kind of dull 😑 

But my liver thanks me.

The Compass on Alure was much abbreviated from past cruises, too.

Have you tried an Espresso martini yet?

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 1:14 AM, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu You‘re very brave sitting on that glass ledge.  Thanks for taking us along . What did you most enjoy on your vacation ? 

The peace of mind, i.e. the security of walking in the dark back to our hotel [practically in the middle of nowhere], or in a huge mall full of people and not a minute worrying about personal being and belongings. At the airport, people leaving their carry on or backpack on a seat, and entering to the duty-free shops... Many many seats "occupied" by various forms of baggage.

Everyone was friendly, smiling, more than willing to help [we asked directions from numerous people on our futile quest to find the entrance to Burj Khalifa...].

On our first and only travel by metro, immediately we were given seats by younger people, with a smile.

The cleanliness, oh, the cleanliness... Thousands of people and not a butt of cigarettes, or a small piece of paper, nothing. Reminds us of Hong Kong or Singapore.

Taxi drivers -- with masks, very decent and very cheap. The fare is very prominently displayed. The traffic is moving along on 7 lanes.

The only thing that I, personally, can't get my head around is -- seeing the women wrapped from toes to head in black, only showing their eyes, and the men -- wearing just a tee shirt, light trousers [free from any "constrains"] -- in such a hot climate. My gender-equality mind can't accept it....

• Like 22

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Waiting in the MRI suite for Charlie.  Bloodwork has been off so Doctor wants MRI of liver again.  So, another round of waiting for results 🤞🙏

🙏 for Charlie and for you to help you get through the waiting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A905A782-6FBE-4C7D-A430-9279E4A48587.thumb.jpeg.8f5d99d24f11a4e3826a1606e1d260be.jpeg

Nice day to be laid up with 6-8 inches of new snow. After a great day at rehab yesterday I’m really hurting today and am really tired. In between trying to do some exercises, my day consists of watching Below Deck reruns and getting snuggles.

3A58F34D-ACF5-44AD-8F4A-1C2B1AD23039.thumb.jpeg.e3b643ae384c7cccb08885db8383af5d.jpeg

• Like 26

Just got our results from Covid test and we are good to cruise, will be in 20’s tomorrow morning when we fly to Miami. Ready to start packing, I think I will take my iPad so I can post. After cruise we will go to Ft Myer to attend my nieces wedding.

• Like 17

Just now, George C said:

Just got our results from Covid test and we are good to cruise, will be in 20’s tomorrow morning when we fly to Miami. Ready to start packing, I think I will take my iPad so I can post. After cruise we will go to Ft Myer to attend my nieces wedding.

Bon Voyage. 🥂

• Like 1