Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Even though it's supposed to snow all day, only 1-3 inches of snow predicted in my neck of the woods. And it's the perfect snow - big, fat flakes that coat the grass and trees in white but melt as soon as it hits the pavement, sidewalks etc, so everything is just wet & not slippery.

Here it is only sticking to the grass ,tops of cars and my terrace.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I like the personal approach. I like hearing someone’s experience. You really feel like you are with them.

Excellent point. That's how I feel when reading @singinalot (also one of my faves) reviews.  It's only a matter of time before I tell someone of the great experience I had in Greece before I realize, Nope that was not me. 🤣😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hit the "like" button before you edited to your post but I saw what you added and agree.  And it's sad that there are people that own pets that really shouldn't.

Just the "snow drops" or "snow bells" (I don't know the actual name) are popping up here.  I feel like I'm probably 1-2 weeks behind you," horticulturally speaking" , so maybe in the next week or two, the crocus and tulips will appear.  Once the forsythia bloom, then you know spring is really here. 🙂

I’d like to think that people who abuse or abandon animals get repaid thrice over. 

• Like 11

48 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the wedding photos!

here are some photos from around Savannah. Nate and I would both like to go back and actually explore. 

we stayed at the JW Marriott along the river. Customer service here was fantastic. Never met a bad attitude.
E4F0E260-D9B3-4AA2-9DEE-678C11E4D3F7.thumb.jpeg.c4d380f5a01235cd538e082bb3b45c10.jpeg

the lobby of the hotel

82C725C8-4743-4EDE-AE77-ED5E43E7848B.thumb.jpeg.533b210793481e25140a54cc2799529e.jpeg

Upside down sunset over the rooftop pool 🙈

4A9358F2-37B6-427D-A128-6EA6553EB58F.thumb.jpeg.4d11a07d5d3a1ba72920fa850ecb665b.jpeg

8538A709-92D3-443F-A829-17778F1CA032.thumb.jpeg.a3ca2659744feb9acb42c81614b35e12.jpeg

287A378F-B495-4557-8DE7-F9E3E6CA5811.thumb.jpeg.89405993aefd2edc49bdb042dd68748f.jpeg

FF313147-E0BA-4F8D-A685-3E201AA03775.thumb.jpeg.47a26b805e2dbe3a6df054d94fafb643.jpeg

IMG_2635.MOV

Looks like that bed would  be a challenge. Making it and sleeping in it. 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had the big fat flakes of snow this morning with a light coating on the grass but around 11 am it switched over rain - really dark and gloomy here.   I sure cannot wait for Spring with some warm sunny days (not the spring showers!)

I have some crocuses blooming and some tulip plants pop out of the soil and now about 4 to 6 inches tall.    

Daffodils  are out here...........

20220309_135027.thumb.jpg.6afdbef2ab06a69ea6cdd5f20256565c.jpg

20220309_135019.thumb.jpg.e8cd76732b7e5b750f4bb0666e0c52e8.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I think Mark @h20skibumis doing a fantastic job. While I respect and love the reviews that Twangster and BirdTravels do with their great pics, I like the personal approach. I like hearing someone’s experience. You really feel like you are with them. Great job Mark I have loved your review.

I agree. @h20skibum is doing a great job with that thread. I am really enjoying it. And it being about a ship that I like a lot helps too.🙂

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree. @h20skibum is doing a great job with that thread. I am really enjoying it. And it being about a ship that I like a lot helps too.🙂

Thanks for the kind words all.  Sometimes I think some of my writing may come across as dry or boring.  I am just doing good trying to post on the correct thread. 

Meanwhile, found this while shopping today in St. Maarten.  I think I have met this entire family at some point. 

71032E37-371C-4979-A4DE-3467B51F7533.thumb.jpeg.39376679c22a4686131a0194f2919cbb.jpeg

It also looks like Greg’s Sea Dog empire is marketing more. 

5E9277D0-6E14-4880-85E1-923BCA916261.thumb.jpeg.db6f3ceb5f3a0aa33430366ace14fb0a.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for the kind words all.  Sometimes I think some of my writing may come across as dry or boring.  I am just doing good trying to post on the correct thread. 

Meanwhile, found this while shopping today in St. Maarten.  I think I have met this entire family at some point. 

71032E37-371C-4979-A4DE-3467B51F7533.thumb.jpeg.39376679c22a4686131a0194f2919cbb.jpeg

5E9277D0-6E14-4880-85E1-923BCA916261.thumb.jpeg.db6f3ceb5f3a0aa33430366ace14fb0a.jpeg

I bought that A** license plate for a good friend in 2019 or 2020 - their family put on their SUV - they love it!   

I agree with everyone else, you are doing a great job with your live review.   😍

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I usually have 4-5 pages to catch up on, by the time I get to this thread, but man it is slow lately.

Could it be everyone is following one of the many Live threads?

Any way, the weather report on the news said to be ready for snow tomorrow.  We could get anywhere from a dusting, to snow plow conditions.  Gotta love them.

Stay safe.

PS

Singinalot You look fabulous and what great pictures.

Thanks for sharing these, and waiting for more.

Well I have the opposite, left on the 25th to head to Odyssey, back home Monday, after laundry, grocery shopping etc back to catch up and was behind over 40 pages.  Went back a few but not all the way, sorry if I missed anything.

Overall had a great cruise, beautiful ship but it doesn't handle crowds very well.  We had about 65% capacity, first cruise where masks were optional, if I had not known that I would have thought close to full.  First sea day it was almost impossible to find a chair and yes most had buts in them.  Entertainment was fantastic in the main theater, 270 and music hall.  Schooner and pub were OK, packed every night.  Glad we took the cruise, but now realizing our next is the Bella cruise, long time to wait.  Haven't gotten thru pictures yet will post if I find interesting ones.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Adding this is a separate post for the Dog lovers out there, found on FB

WHY DOGS LIVE LESS THAN HUMAN!!!
Here's the surprising answer of a 6 year old child.
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.
The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker‘s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.
The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that dogs' lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ”I know why.”
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.
He said, ”People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued,
”Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay for as long as we do.”
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
• When your loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
• Take naps.
• Stretch before rising.
• Run, romp, and play daily.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
• When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
• Be faithful.
• Never pretend to be something you’re not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
That's the secret of happiness that we can learn from a good dog.

FB_IMG_1646860974246.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_Kid   I received the mini air pump yesterday and charged up last night and gave it try this morning.     Didn't work as quick as they say but it did work.   It was able to blow up 2 pool noodles in just under 10 minutes.     I have not yet tried the deflate option.

This is the one I bought.   The airflow is 300L per minute which seems stronger than some of the others sold on amazon. 

image.thumb.png.3e09ae5897807b6a51483a9f37ed4aa5.png

That doesn’t sound like it would save much time but you wouldn’t be winded after they were done.  I wonder if the battery is strong enough to last a 30 minutes to fill all 6 noodles.  I may need to start asking our cruise partners to blow them up!  They are a few years younger. 😆   Do you like it enough that you would buy it again?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sometimes I think some of my writing may come across as dry or boring.  

Not at all! We are still laughing about handy snack bags to go being available on the stairwells. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I wanted to laugh at the first, thumbs up the second, and tell you that you are neither dry nor boring.🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Boy I’d love to have that sign. Sometimes I worry they will see that I use their image as my avatar and send me a cease and desist order.  I would hope they would see  I’m helping with marketing. They must know me by now I have ordered from their company directly over 10 t-shirts, 5 sweatshirts, 3 caps, 5 masks and bandannas and an assortment of other items. I have to be their best customer. When I first saw that logo I was hooked. 

• Like 10

So.... my day consisted of trying to help my lovely in-law [the mother of my DIL?] to find 3 (as in three) rental cars for a family trip to Holland.

Our in-laws used to take their whole family to an annual trip abroad, that is - until Covid. This is the trip meant for August 2020.

Why I'm "dealing" with rental cars? Because.... my English is much better, I'm more travelled and versed in reading the "small letters", etc. Not to brag, that's what my in-law thinks 😕

Why so many hours? They all need an automatic [transmission] car, which, in Europe, ishard to find. Big ones for the booster seats. They like to shop...

Managed to somehow find 3 with a reasonable rate... ~1000 Euro for a 10 days rental, for now. Will check tomorrow how much all the "extras" will add to the basic insurance provided....

2 in laws

DS2, DIL +2 small kids

DIL's brother + wife + 3 kids

DIL's newly wed sis + her hubby (sharing a car with the in laws)

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just finished watching the prequel to Yellowstone, 1883. Wow it was really good but heartbreaking at the end. I cried like a baby. Looking forward to the next installment of Taylor Sheridan’s masterpiece, 1942. Must see television.

We’re halfway through 1883 and I agree with you Greg, this show is a masterpiece. It’s one of the best things I’ve seen on TV.   I love Yellowstone and it’s modern day twin, Succession.  They both have the family drama formula down pat;  a patriarch, a family business, the black sheep, a love story, some sex, lots of dirty deeds and assorted good guys and bad guys.  1883 is just much more than that. Elsa’s narrative is so poignant, I just know the ending can only be heartbreaking.  I just hope we don’t have to wait too long for the next installment. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That doesn’t sound like it would save much time but you wouldn’t be winded after they were done.  I wonder if the battery is strong enough to last a 30 minutes to fill all 6 noodles.  I may need to start asking our cruise partners to blow them up!  They are a few years younger. 😆   Do you like it enough that you would buy it again?

package says battery will last for up to 40 minutes.     So far I like it enough that if I had a need I would probably buy it again or there was another that had airflow of 360 or 390L per minute. All the others seem to be much less airflow.   I think it will come in handy and will rate it after I use on our cruise. 

We are on countdown with 11 days left until our b2b.     Yay!

I cannot wait to see what our Son-Chris and Donna think of their first cruise.   

We scheduled rapid tests at CVS and figure we will use the free tests and save our emed kits as back up or future use.     

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

His is my favorite of the live review threads going on right now. Maybe it’s because “we know him” LOL.  But I do appreciate his commentary. Some of the others are just too picture heavy, I get dizzy scrolling thru them.  And I’m not one who needs to see every.single.detail of a ship, but I know others love that.  

• Like 12