Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't believe the main boards are so caught up in bedtime and dance classes that stuff like this is barely mentioned.

Screenshot_20220728-082909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ad8eda0be0ecd2e2b081d5405cbb664.jpg

From an obscure Live thread

Screenshot_20220728-082926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30595c6b61f2f5eb4f9824dc18cd6d6c.jpg

Seems newsworthy to me

I don't recall ever seeing a ship that far off the pier with gangways set.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Headed to Iguaza Falls on the Serenade cruise. Hope we don't go over, its a 250' drop

Screenshot_20220727-221933_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a4aaa6e777b8a9146da4b7301a53919.jpg

In Disney World their is a ride called SOARIN that is in front of a 3D screen that takes you traveling around the world and I believe these falls are in part of the experience.  Well it does look like these and it is an awesome ride.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I mentioned looking at the Harmony Jan 7th cruise with stops in Aruba & Curaçao.  Looking around, I also found an 8 night on Jewel of the Seas, stopping at Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire, departs on Jan 6th from Pt Canaveral.  PC isn’t the easiest as far as transportation to/from Orlando airport but in the other hand, there are more flight options there from Providence.  Price is quite a bit lower than Harmony too. Anyone here ever sailed on the Jewel? Radiance class seems to get a lot of love in review searches. 

Yes. We have sailed on the Jewel. I found it same as the Serenade.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

In Disney World their is a ride called SOARIN that is in front of a 3D screen that takes you traveling around the world and I believe these falls are in part of the experience.  Well it does look like these and it is an awesome ride.

We will be there in January, we can check out and confirm. It's one of our favorite rides in Epcot.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, that looks interesting.

Speaking of Sosa. This is him and I in 1998 at the airport in Santo Domingo when Hurricane Georges went thru the DR. It was a charity event.

That is so cool. I shot a interview with him. A very nice guy. Great picture of you!!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my daughter’s 15 year anniversary, so we will have all our grandkids starting around lunchtime.  Bigger trips planned for tomorrow and the weekend with them, so this may be a day to stay local.

Hope you have a great celebration of your daughter's 15th. Tell her congrats from Sea Dog, she will say "who"?

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't believe the main boards are so caught up in bedtime and dance classes that stuff like this is barely mentioned.

Screenshot_20220728-082909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ad8eda0be0ecd2e2b081d5405cbb664.jpg

From an obscure Live thread

Screenshot_20220728-082926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30595c6b61f2f5eb4f9824dc18cd6d6c.jpg

Seems newsworthy to me

Wow! Amazing someone was not seriously hurt. Looks like the mooring lines were not tight and the ship drifted away from the pier.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Those are the Iguaza Falls you see on SOARIN.  I did not connect the two until you pointed it out. SOARIN IS one of our favorite rides.  We like that you see Fiji too.

Another favorite is Flight of Passage.   I explain it as SOARIN on steroids. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Those are the Iguaza Falls you see on SOARIN.  I did not connect the two until you pointed it out. SOARIN IS one of our favorite rides.  We like that you see Fiji too.

Another favorite is Flight of Passage.   I explain it as SOARIN on steroids. 

FOP is the best ride in AK for sure.

• Like 1

Many years ago,before I joined CC I was a regular on another cruise message board.I became friendly with a guy who posted there and we made plans to meet for lunch with our wives.He lived 5 hours away from us but we met and became instant friends with him and his wife.

Over the years we drove to where he lived and he drove to our area to meet for lunch .In 2016 they moved to Florida but we still kept in touch by phone and e-mail.
This morning I found out that my good friends wife passed away.I was shocked to hear this.She was a very nice person .

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had a visitor yesterday.   

image.thumb.png.5b3e7e45c4636f88b366f50825150e44.png

I took this pick and loved it.

image.thumb.png.84fa083760e65fa0e35c5cdbf232fcb7.png

I told Kenzie it's so good I will have to share it on Dani's thread.  She looked at Shashey and said, he's kidding right?

image.thumb.png.46028fae2389723d9b7131b828c13c60.png

She said nope then she gave me the look.

image.thumb.png.8229c888dd8d7017570ddfb5db990caa.png

Then she said, post it and I will hide your flip flop.

image.thumb.png.597623d9a097d6aba24c802b3dd9daf6.png

I said, that, that's not mine.  Kenzie,  several love seeing you.   They will love the pic.

image.thumb.png.6bdceb2dc38441164598055cdb33bee9.png

She said,  OK Gpa but it will cost ya a peanut butter cracker..

image.thumb.png.77e62747017a97b7b1ca1a4d2a6053a7.png

If Kenzie ever gets together with  Felix  @John&LaLa when they grow up, not only would they make a fine looking couple but they would make fine looking babies.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

There's a scene in You Only Live Twice set there. JB gets away in a hang glider. Jaws goes over🤣

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If Kenzie ever gets together with  Felix  @John&LaLa when they grow up, not only would they make a fine looking couple but they would make fine looking babies.

Kenzie's a bit older than Felix. 

But I married an older woman😇

• Haha 7

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Jewel might be the one that still has glass steps in Centrum

Serenade had them when we sailed. They were pretty cool. I don't remember anything else very outstanding in the Centrum. That was back in the days when the Seaview Cafe still existed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Serenade had them when we sailed. They were pretty cool. I don't remember anything else very outstanding in the Centrum. That was back in the days when the Seaview Cafe still existed.

Some of the class had them removed. Likely around same time Seaview got the boot

R Bar and Vintages are in the centrum

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago,before I joined CC I was a regular on another cruise message board.I became friendly with a guy who posted there and we made plans to meet for lunch with our wives.He lived 5 hours away from us but we met and became instant friends with him and his wife.

Over the years we drove to where he lived and he drove to our area to meet for lunch .In 2016 they moved to Florida but we still kept in touch by phone and e-mail.
This morning I found out that my good friends wife passed away.I was shocked to hear this.She was a very nice person .

Sorry to hear this Lenny.

Condolences to all her friends and relatives.

Graham 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

My sister-in-law did Soarin’ years ago when it was just showing California.
She knew we were about to take the grandkids to Epcot and warned me not to take them on it because it was too dangerous. 
You’re never more than a very few feet off the ground, but my sister-in-law actually thought she was 30-40 feet up. 
I’d love to see the new one. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My sister-in-law did Soarin’ years ago when it was just showing California.
She knew we were about to take the grandkids to Epcot and warned me not to take them on it because it was too dangerous. 
You’re never more than a very few feet off the ground, but my sister-in-law actually thought she was 30-40 feet up. 
I’d love to see the new one. 

When they pumped in the orange smell when going through the orange orchards was always neat too. 🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

He sure loves his papa.  Or, is it that delicious salad on the table?  Is that orzo I see?  Cheese?

It think it was the Greek orzo salad. His whiffers were really going. The salad has only feta cheese crumbles. It was really good. I posted the recipe in an earlier post.

https://www.simplyscratch.com/greek-orzo-salad/

• Like 3