Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Today was not a good day for one of us in this household.

Yesterday we had our 2nd booster of Moderna. We're on the Harmony this November so the booster will have plenty of time to percolate before we leave.

John had no reaction at all. He hasn't reacted to any of the shots except just a bit sore around injection site.

Me... not so lucky. Tummy likes to do that somersault thing whenever I move. We went up to bed about 4 am and at 6 I got nasty chills that lasted about 6 hours. My joints are so sore from all that abuse. Still doing the somersault thing too. A wild storm blew through during the night which was oddly comforting.  Got in a little nap this afternoon, after watching 3 Days of the Condor for about the 20th time.

I'm starting to feel better so I should be ready to go tomorrow. John was so concerned...he got take out for dinner for us.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction.  I have been delaying my 2nd booster for just this reason.  Feel better.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction.  I have been delaying my 2nd booster for just this reason.  Feel better.

I delayed, too. That might be part of the problem.

I just grabbed a glass of wine. That should take the sting off!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

It looks gorgeous! Are you sailing with the in-laws again, Harry? :classic_smile:

Hi, Patti, 

Still enjoying the retirement life?

Yeah, in laws with us on this sailing as we got 3 cabins together.  Princess willing to sell me 3 cabins with 2 of them being connecting. Royal wouldn't assign me to a triple room with 2 people in each room but princess was ok 4 of us in 2 triples that were meant for up to 6.

See our dinner pic at MDR tonight as well as what I had for dinner.

20220806_200547.thumb.jpg.96221b4acf99fcda4474396d44faa8b6.jpg

20220806_202215.thumb.jpg.8c7817152292423cd7852d393504b6c9.jpg

20220806_203707.thumb.jpg.11e0f1d075529a2dcd5800307391d791.jpg

20220806_211428.thumb.jpg.3b378c75005ef3e9997ca95902529021.jpg

20220806_211510.thumb.jpg.560932f0d95ec8dda59a90aa2e524f3a.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0025.thumb.jpg.b8a78701772c7c4a7893723159952520.jpg

Edited by harryfat1
  • Like 21

How nice! What beautiful desserts. And you have a lovely family, Harry. Very handsome sons. And they are quite the young men now. That is a really nice ship! :classic_smile:

And yes! Retirement is great fun. My greatest pleasure is reading, and I have almost unlimited time to do it now. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Coralc said:

How nice! What beautiful desserts. And you have a lovely family, Harry. Very handsome sons. And they are quite the young men now. That is a really nice ship! :classic_smile:

And yes! Retirement is great fun. My greatest pleasure is reading, and I have almost unlimited time to do it now. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks. Just looking forward to days when I don't have to pay for 2 kids in college...

Princess has interesting blend of modern technology with traditional ship design. Their medallion technology opens your door automatically when with 6 feet of cabin. All staff knows your name when you wear your medallion and all drinks charged to your account without you even have to say who you are or take out your cabin card. Their ipad has your name and face.

Went upstairs post sailing to see the ocean and got blasted by the cold and rain and wind. 

Toto, I don't think we are in Caribbean anymore...

IMG-20220806-WA0033.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Dave, and Jim ( @Jimbo) for asking.

As of yesterday afternoon, we're under missile attack alert. The radius of the alert is 80 km (from Gaza strip). We're in the 75 km zone, so quite far, but not far enough.....

We're invited to a very dear friend's birthday this evening, they live southern than us (40 km from Gaza strip), but we decided to go.

We're taking with us a big blanket, in case we'll need to stop the car and lay flat on the road...

Sorry to hear Dani, I've been MIA both on this thread and on my normal daily read of the online newspapers last few days so I  wasn't aware. I hope you and yours continue to keep safe 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Yesterday we had our 2nd booster of Moderna. We're on the Harmony this November so the booster will have plenty of time to percolate before we leave.

John had no reaction at all. He hasn't reacted to any of the shots except just a bit sore around injection site.

Me... not so lucky. Tummy likes to do that somersault thing whenever I move. We went up to bed about 4 am and at 6 I got nasty chills that lasted about 6 hours. My joints are so sore from all that abuse. Still doing the somersault thing too. A wild storm blew through during the night which was oddly comforting.  Got in a little nap this afternoon, after watching 3 Days of the Condor for about the 20th time.

I'm starting to feel better so I should be ready to go tomorrow. John was so concerned...he got take out for dinner for us.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad reaction Nancy. I hope you feel better soon. We're probably not getting called forward for our second booster until the autumn but after a big spike, rates of covid are falling again over here. Its a bit like a roller coaster 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Sorry to hear you have had a bad reaction Nancy.

I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

It is 62°F and sunny here this morning.

Graham.

• Like 3

I've missed a few dozen pages so hope everyone is well and enjoying the Summer.

We've started regular child care for our first grandson now they have moved closer to us and my sons partner has gone back to work part time. 

My other DIL is in her final few weeks of pregnancy and it's hard going in this hot summer we are having. Her mum lives abroad and is arriving tomorrow to stay for a month.  It is their first anniversary of their wedding, seems like a wonderful dream now. They are celebrating by staying in The Shangri-la in the Shard in London , a last Hurrah before baby comes

IMG-20210808-WA0098.thumb.jpg.092d9fabaa00670a9a9e7a2ed9105c19.jpg

585662624_NickAlexwedding_070821-694.thumb.jpg.cefa0ba5f5683dd3528de23c345345f0.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 19

2 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Thanks. Just looking forward to days when I don't have to pay for 2 kids in college...

Princess has interesting blend of modern technology with traditional ship design. Their medallion technology opens your door automatically when with 6 feet of cabin. All staff knows your name when you wear your medallion and all drinks charged to your account without you even have to say who you are or take out your cabin card. Their ipad has your name and face.

Went upstairs post sailing to see the ocean and got blasted by the cold and rain and wind. 

Toto, I don't think we are in Caribbean anymore...

IMG-20220806-WA0033.jpg

Great to see posting and cruising again Harry, I always enjoyed your travel blogs 

Sue

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've tried to drink a Moscow Mule. I just can't do it.

You definitely need to like the taste of ginger.  If vodka is the problem rather than the ginger beer, try it with a different spirit.  Use Kraken and you have a Dark 'n stormy, which is just a rum based mule.  More here.

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I keep trying ciders since they are big now but have yet to find really one I like. While I get bored drinking the same beer all the time, the problem with many craft places is that they get to creative with the recipe and throw in was to many flavors. Just my opinion, of course. 

I share your opinion, although I'd rather have breweries err on the side of being too creative than being too bland.  Hopefully, the days of Bud and Miller (and their watered down light/lite alternatives) are long behind us.  I try to drink local beer wherever I go.  Some are really good.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be Odyssey.  Surprisingly the Odyssey 8 day over Christmas and the 6 day over New Years were the cheapest for the big ships over the Holidays

Our 8 day on Odyssey last Feb was amazing.  A & C are great ports and the extra day, 8 day instead of 7 day, makes it a perfect cruise. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You definitely need to like the taste of ginger.  If vodka is the problem rather than the ginger beer, try it with a different spirit.  Use Kraken and you have a Dark 'n stormy, which is just a rum based mule.  More here.

Trust me, vodka is not the problem.😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

That sounds very similar to the reaction I had to my Moderna booster after having the first couple Pfizer.  It gets better.

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry for the loss of the mother of your friend,Greg
Congratulations on the wedding of the son of your co-worker.

Thank you Lenny!

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our condolences to your friends family Greg.

Congratulations to your friends son who is getting married today.

Thank you Graham!

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Sorry Nancy you had a bad reaction. I hope you are better today.

32 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Saw this on FB and it reminded me of the NCL situation!  LOL

WOW!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That sounds very similar to the reaction I had to my Moderna booster after having the first couple Pfizer.  It gets better.

Didn't think they recommended mixing the different kinds of vaccines.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They absolutely did as longs as they were the same type.  i.e Pfizer and Modern

Didn't say people weren't doing it, here in the US they said at one time get any brand of shots if that is all you can find. We just rather have the same brand in our systems.

We never had any kind of reactions from any of the shots, not even a sore arm where injection was. Maybe it was or maybe it wasn't because we stuck with the same brand vaccines. No one knows for sure why people have different reactions to the shots.

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I delayed, too. That might be part of the problem.

I just grabbed a glass of wine. That should take the sting off!

I delayed getting my second booster too after increasingly bad reactions to the shots. I am waiting now due to having Covid. Not sure when I will get the next shot. 

I hope you are feeling better today. 🙂 

First hurdle complete.  Self testing at home before our flights complete...both negative.

Next stop....delivering Merlin to "camp".

930 Flight so heading to the airport at 4:30 which after an hour drive will get us there 4 hours early.  Should be enough time at YYZ which had thr honor of being voted world's worst airport last month.

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First hurdle complete.  Self testing at home before our flights complete...both negative.

Enjoy your Baltic trip on Voyager!  Hoping someone will do an update on testing in Copenhagen and the ship in general. Was last on Voyager in 2002.

• Like 3