Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Really?  First thing you are going to notice the weather is hotter when doing the Southern Caribbean because it's closer to the equator. Probably be a eye opener for you coming from Canada.

I'll be sure to leave the touques and mittens in the igloo back at home.

• Haha 25

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm so sorry we will miss you and Linda. 

~Patti :classic_biggrin:

I keep forgetting to mention that I have one of those silly "Where as" certificates that Linda received at retirement from the County. They wanted to give me a "Where as" plaque. I said no. Of course, yours may not have the silly verbiage that ours do. But they look the same. :classic_smile:

I am confident that we will meet up again. The Soggy Dollar will be a repeat destination for us.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for sharing this Greg.  Very cool video.  The music that he chose does a great job of reinforcing his point about the vastness of the universe.

That's what I thought too. I could watch that all day long.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Dave, and Jim ( @Jimbo) for asking.

As of yesterday afternoon, we're under missile attack alert. The radius of the alert is 80 km (from Gaza strip). We're in the 75 km zone, so quite far, but not far enough.....

We're invited to a very dear friend's birthday this evening, they live southern than us (40 km from Gaza strip), but we decided to go.

We're taking with us a big blanket, in case we'll need to stop the car and lay flat on the road...

Thinking of you Dani and hope and pray for your safety.

• Like 5

Busy day today with emotions. This morning we said goodbye to the mother of one of my life long friends Ron. This afternoon we will attend the wedding of one of my coworkers for 40 years son who I’ve seen grow up.

At the funeral we got a picture taken of the 3 amigos. We all 3 are drummers who went to school together and lived together for a long time.

I met Ron(right) in 7th grade when we took drum lessons from the same teacher. We played together in a Percussion Ensemble through the conservatory of music’s gifted student program for 7 years. He and I went to college together also at the conservatory and were fraternity brothers together. I met John (center) as co drum teachers for a music store in town. We became very close and John and Ron and I moved to a house and lived together for several years.

D1A5661F-2E36-470B-B044-A3CDB281D8C2.thumb.jpeg.f6325152b500488ef0f4e4947ce61384.jpeg

3 Drummers John playing with George Benson and his wife R&B and Grammy Nominated singer/pianist Oleta Adams, (also sang with Tears for Fears) and Ron long time Broadway show percussionist for Starlight Theater. And me off and on as a professional drummer before going into broadcast television.

So great to reconnect. Lifelong drummers, brothers and roommates. Friends for life. Now onto the wedding.

• Like 32

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Busy day today with emotions. This morning we said goodbye to the mother of one of my life long friends Ron. This afternoon we will attend the wedding of one of my coworkers for 40 years son who I’ve seen grow up.

At the funeral we got a picture taken of the 3 amigos. We all 3 are drummers who went to school together and lived together for a long time.

I met Ron(right) in 7th grade when we took drum lessons from the same teacher. We played together in a Percussion Ensemble through the conservatory of music’s gifted student program for 7 years. He and I went to college together also at the conservatory and were fraternity brothers together. I met John (center) as co drum teachers for a music store in town. We became very close and John and Ron and I moved to a house and lived together for several years.

D1A5661F-2E36-470B-B044-A3CDB281D8C2.thumb.jpeg.f6325152b500488ef0f4e4947ce61384.jpeg

3 Drummers John playing with George Benson and his wife R&B and Grammy Nominated singer/pianist Oleta Adams, (also sang with Tears for Fears) and Ron long time Broadway show percussionist for Starlight Theater. And me off and on as a professional drummer before going into broadcast television.

So great to reconnect. Lifelong drummers, brothers and roommates. Friends for life. Now onto the wedding.

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry for the loss of the mother of your friend,Greg
Congratulations on the wedding of the son of your co-worker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As of yesterday afternoon, we're under missile attack alert. The radius of the alert is 80 km (from Gaza strip). We're in the 75 km zone, so quite far, but not far enough.....

We're invited to a very dear friend's birthday this evening, they live southern than us (40 km from Gaza strip), but we decided to go.

We're taking with us a big blanket, in case we'll need to stop the car and lay flat on the road...

Sending you,your family and all of Israel our prayers 🙏 Dani.

Graham 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sending our condolences to your friends family Greg.

Congratulations to your friends son who is getting married today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Safe travels Dani.  It’s amazing the differences in the world… we carry a blanket in the winter in case we get stuck in a snow storm. The plan is you hope not to need it, but you are prepared. I pray that you do not need yours as well. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, you know my heart is with Israel hoping and praying for safety for all.   We talk to Jack's sister in Israel a few times a week.  You never get used to it.  I hope you're able to enjoy the birthday celebration with laughter surrounded by friends.

• Like 7

On the covid front:  Jack is symptom free and tested negative today.  Yay!  He's going to wait until testing again tomorrow to be sure.

And me?  Today is day 5 of covid and symptoms are not as severe.  It's also the 1st day of normal temp.  I'll test again tomorrow with Jack.  Nose very stuffed and slightly runny.  I am surprised I'm not as tired as my friends got.  I've been binge watching Brooklyn Bridge tv show episodes on you tube.

I can't wait to restart physical therapy for my ankle.  I've been walking all over the apt. with a walker while the wheelchair sits empty in the corner.  I'm so proud!  However, I still need more work to gain more strength so I can stay longer on my feet.  I can't remember the last time I took a happy pill.  Proud of that also!

• Like 33

16 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

We will be on the Majestic Princess and she's unique even within the Princess family as she was built specifically for Chinese market with Chinese writing everywhere and even has free Chinese noodle house instead of pizza to suit the Asian taste. 

The Noodle house was my favorite!!  Wish they would add it on more ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

On the covid front:  Jack is symptom free and tested negative today.  Yay!  He's going to wait until testing again tomorrow to be sure.

And me?  Today is day 5 of covid and symptoms are not as severe.  It's also the 1st day of normal temp.  I'll test again tomorrow with Jack.  Nose very stuffed and slightly runny.  I am surprised I'm not as tired as my friends got.  I've been binge watching Brooklyn Bridge tv show episodes on you tube.

I can't wait to restart physical therapy for my ankle.  I've been walking all over the apt. with a walker while the wheelchair sits empty in the corner.  I'm so proud!  However, I still need more work to gain more strength so I can stay longer on my feet.  I can't remember the last time I took a happy pill.  Proud of that also!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that Jack is okay,Bonnie.

• Like 2

Here on the Majestic Princess.

Wifi on ship not good for cruise critic uploads. Might not be able to upload more pictures after tonight until first port.

Here are some sample pictures but without detailed explanation for now.

We got 3 obstructed balconies and cabin steward came and was open to open all connections as well as inside connection with the boys.

20220806_154950.thumb.jpg.52f9e60ef03612000a9920b6a3d5364f.jpg

20220806_151254.thumb.jpg.0235d519770f672d6e0ffaeed0ca8e2e.jpg

20220806_151225.thumb.jpg.ea012375c7c7b6fa09bd9ed9184a7b33.jpg

20220806_142738.thumb.jpg.91291a5cf1393b017267b984ac756289.jpg

20220806_144149.thumb.jpg.d30be28871fe0e1405f4b10480e37601.jpg

20220806_142946.thumb.jpg.5f903452708306cd9c27a5b9caa094ca.jpg
20220806_154934.thumb.jpg.bf60341f7d7b8cdc4cbe6f97efe8fb9d.jpg

20220806_141821.thumb.jpg.4d35e3c614c3181ad84cdf15ba9809d9.jpg

20220806_143010.thumb.jpg.b8563cd10c4f4e583f09909a5c055589.jpg

20220806_150250.thumb.jpg.8f3ea9ce7e9947f13975b945aea5c4fc.jpg

20220806_143507.thumb.jpg.13335826d43b4dd8a21d00675c42c6b7.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, harryfat1 said:

We got 3 obstructed balconies and cabin steward came and was open to open all connections as well as inside connection with the boys.

It looks gorgeous! Are you sailing with the in-laws again, Harry? :classic_smile:

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The fighting just never ends in the world. It’s always somewhere and I really wished it would stop. Sorry to hear you are having to go thru this again. Please be safe. ❤️

2 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Here's the menu.

Top choice is noodles of the day.

Bottom 2 are always there daily. Will try later in the cruise.

20220806_141248.thumb.jpg.f91ae9f70edde33e86afefc902946a90.jpg

That looks good. I wished Royal would have one of these.

• Like 1

Today was not a good day for one of us in this household.

Yesterday we had our 2nd booster of Moderna. We're on the Harmony this November so the booster will have plenty of time to percolate before we leave.

John had no reaction at all. He hasn't reacted to any of the shots except just a bit sore around injection site.

Me... not so lucky. Tummy likes to do that somersault thing whenever I move. We went up to bed about 4 am and at 6 I got nasty chills that lasted about 6 hours. My joints are so sore from all that abuse. Still doing the somersault thing too. A wild storm blew through during the night which was oddly comforting.  Got in a little nap this afternoon, after watching 3 Days of the Condor for about the 20th time.

I'm starting to feel better so I should be ready to go tomorrow. John was so concerned...he got take out for dinner for us.

• Like 18

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

LOL, sorry about that.  It's called Nicks Place in the Westchase district of Houston, just off Westheimer  Road. 

Another good thing is that they have all day breakfast. Sometimes I like breakfast food for lunch or dinner and sometimes I like to sleep in & I''ll miss the hotel breakfasts that usually ends at 11 am (or 10 am in weekdays)

https://nicksplacehouston.com/

And I made the mistake of looking at the menu online... sitting here at work and my tummy is growling. 

• Haha 4