Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is absolutely horrible and disgusting. We don't go over to SF anymore. Beautiful city just gone to trash and crime. And Oakland is the same way, if not worse. 

We are moving, albeit slowly. But we did have the flooring guy out today. We will be ordering the flooring, dumping some furniture and slowly progressing. 

And it looks like poor Bobby is going soon. He is fine, and still active. But according to his labs, he is hyperthyroid again and has very poor heart and liver labs. 

So sorry to hear Bobby.  Hopefully he will continue to ok and active longer the lab results predict.   We all do the best we can to love and spoil our pets.   Sending him a big hug with some treats.  ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tonight I received an e-mail inviting me to join a creative writing for people with Parkinson’s group.I have not written anything since 2000 .

Many of my short stories and poems have been published since I began writing in 1964.

I have until next Wednesday to either  write something new or to submit something that I previously wrote.

I submitted a poem that I wrote about 35 years ago and received a wonderful thank you letter.I was asked to read it at the writing zoom next Thursday.

On June 19 there will be a Zoom program that will be viewed all over the US.There will be singers,actors and poets.I am hoping to have the opportunity to participate in that program.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our favorite traveling nurse posted some great helpful info in another thread.  Scooters fit in balcony doors.  I didn't know that.  Our TA has been finding us Accessible rooms but when we booked Icon there were none available. It was a real challenge getting in and out of the room last month.  So with that info Sharon googled Scooter rentals and found this one.  What do you think? 

IMG_7344.thumb.jpg.2c13d99ac9ba70506504a201a4d0cf93.jpg

Excellent😁

Check out specialneedsatsea.com.  

We rented scooter for Eric last August and they offered much better rate than scootaround.  

Yes, scooters are something like 21" wide and will fit in OVB but make sure the bed is near the balcony not the bathroom.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. 

The big difference is Lucy knows how to get back down without the aid of 15+ people working over 4 hours.

Maybe I should send Leonard up to Canada so Lucy can train him properly.  Lol. @A&L_Ont

Do cats need passports? 😂

Send that feline up and she’ll be trained in a week. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

I was just in the "humor" thread now located in Floataway Lounge.  I don't know why people complain that they won't go in there anymore because it takes too much time to hunt it down.  I have the threads I go in regularly listed in my favorite places.  Not hard to find at all.  

I also do not understand why posters who never posted in here ask if THIS thread will be transferring to Floataway Lounge. I think we have posters in here that for some reason cannot post in Floataway.  That would make me sad.

The reason I'm posting in here and not "there" is because this is my comfort zone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry to hear Bobby.  Hopefully he will continue to ok and active longer the lab results predict.   We all do the best we can to love and spoil our pets.   Sending him a big hug with some treats.  ❤️

Thanks. We are supposed to go over a treatment plan on Monday. Probably just diuretics to reduce the stress on his heart. He is unfortunately too old for more aggressive treatment. He's a good boy about his pills. We will just try to keep him happy and comfortable, until he's not. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. 

The big difference is Lucy knows how to get back down without the aid of 15+ people working over 4 hours.

Maybe I should send Leonard up to Canada so Lucy can train him properly.  Lol. @A&L_Ont

Do cats need passports? 😂

We had two cats that were 90 percent indoor but went outside, occasionally they would climb a tree and there only way down was to jump on my shoulder. When they passed our new kittens wanted nothing to do with going outside we could leave our front door open and they would just stay inside, which is great since we have bobcats and coyotes in the area . 

• Like 9

Many thanks to everyone who gave their advice about Las Vegas for my 'new' cousin's trip with her daughter and the daughter's BF!

I was in Vegas once, back in 2003, for a "reunion" with an online group of friends, and we all had our 3yo children with us, so nightlife wasn't a big part of the experience! LOL  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sincerely hope not.  If that happens, I am sorry but I won’t be posting there.  

This thread is always on Page 1 for a good reason.

It is sunny and 22°C here at the moment.

I hope all of my good friends on here are well and have a wonderful day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Been a beautiful Saturday in Sydney.  The sun shined on the lovely young couple that got married today.  We have 4hrs between the church service and the reception on the harbour front.  Spent it at Clark’s Point Reserve Woolwich where the bridal party got some beautiful photos taken (actually there were two bridal parties having photos taken).  Looking forward to tonight’s reception.B04740DE-164A-4A84-8009-0BED6C437F09.thumb.jpeg.02d2aa21dfbb2ec383e43bbdd4b4a919.jpeg

74C47559-8862-4A19-9DC7-380A8E9003B8.thumb.jpeg.6e97ad3374cebdd448db363ab3bc296d.jpeg

A294ACA6-D10D-4737-BD0E-9DDB77300D3E.thumb.jpeg.752de79f11c5a3ea8ecd4bde6eac1914.jpeg

E800F12A-313A-4102-A679-0DC141F117DC.thumb.jpeg.4cc2a3121e8441c9a422ef36367c2c95.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was just in the "humor" thread now located in Floataway Lounge.  I don't know why people complain that they won't go in there anymore because it takes too much time to hunt it down.  I have the threads I go in regularly listed in my favorite places.  Not hard to find at all.  

I also do not understand why posters who never posted in here ask if THIS thread will be transferring to Floataway Lounge. I think we have posters in here that for some reason cannot post in Floataway.  That would make me sad.

The reason I'm posting in here and not "there" is because this is my comfort zone.

I have posted on a floataway thread for 3 years.

I post about 3 times a week on that thread where there are around 8 regular posters.

On here I can post easily several times a day.

For those interested in Post Count, posts are not added from Floataway lounge to your post count number.

• Like 1

I’m trying to play catch up again, but got distracted by the humor thread in its new spot in Floataway lounge.  They’re really letting it all loose over there!  
Some have mentioned they wouldn’t follow or post in this thread if it were moved to Floatway. I’m just curious why? 
Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?  There are quite a few in my neighborhood, some with this color flower but more with a yellowish cream color flower.  IMG_9096.thumb.jpeg.6cd66cea1b4a4929a4538b439e5ca64a.jpeg

IMG_9095.thumb.jpeg.f0635ad8378d688b6e9b5efd8eb8de9e.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Hear some pics from the train ride down to Seward today.  We did the gold star service in the glass topped car with beverage and sit down breakfast.  Really enjoyed it and the scenery is amazing 🤩 

We have an aft facing JS on this one.  

IMG_0161.thumb.jpeg.037c3491dbab68a2587cc330cf37ca3c.jpeg

IMG_0158.thumb.jpeg.c02234b7f2f1481f61624546165c951f.jpeg

IMG_0153.thumb.jpeg.e3a8417c446dd0180272b73157ed59af.jpeg

IMG_0149.thumb.jpeg.a88eb6e4501b6c8791cb7feebb3c97a5.jpeg

IMG_0118.thumb.jpeg.de61069438fe3043296607419155ea32.jpeg

IMG_0122.thumb.jpeg.b6784e44a3fd64434f9abc68dbabe8a3.jpeg

IMG_0114.thumb.jpeg.fcad03fc04241c05d66d32c052e98cd0.jpeg

Gorgeous photos.   Perfect cruise to have an JS aft.  Enjoy😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m trying to play catch up again, but got distracted by the humor thread in its new spot in Floataway lounge.  They’re really letting it all loose over there!  
Some have mentioned they wouldn’t follow or post in this thread if it were moved to Floatway. I’m just curious why? 
Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?  There are quite a few in my neighborhood, some with this color flower but more with a yellowish cream color flower.  IMG_9096.thumb.jpeg.6cd66cea1b4a4929a4538b439e5ca64a.jpeg

IMG_9095.thumb.jpeg.f0635ad8378d688b6e9b5efd8eb8de9e.jpeg

I believe that is a "Hybrid Pink Dogwood"

https://www.newblooms.com/products/hybrid_pink_dogwood_stellar

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I've wondered why as well.  It's not "hard to find" at all.  I have my profile setup so that as soon as I post in a thread, I automatically follow that thread so every time I come into CC, I just click on notifications & it shows me if there are new posts in the threads I follow. Then I just click on that notification & it take me to the thread no matter where it's located.  They could move this thread every day & I'd never lose track of it.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've wondered why as well.  It's not "hard to find" at all.  I have my profile setup so that as soon as I post in a thread, I automatically follow that thread so every time I come into CC, I just click on notifications & it shows me if there are new posts in the threads I follow. Then I just click on that notification & it take me to the thread no matter where it's located.  They could move this thread every day & I'd never lose track of it.

Why move a thread about 'How are things where you are' when it is so popular.

Floataway lounge is not quickly found by most of us and you don't collect post points either.

Personally almost 100% of my post's are about daily events on Royal Caribbean,HAL and P&O Daily threads which are friendly threads and each is always on Page 1 of their boards.

I have not posted on the Bella thread for months.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 2