Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

It has been a few weeks, but getting all caught up. 

@DaniDanielle happy anniversary! 

@singsalot lucky you, moving to Florida. Hope to be there one day

@lioness isn’t new furniture fun??

@A&L_Ont boo to cold showers! 

The only excitement in the past two weeks was the energy bill. I saw talk of water heaters and natural gas. Well .... remember the cold snap? Yes, I turned my heat to 78 thinking it would cost me a few hundred dollars. Money well spent to be cold while working and school was cancelled. Well, apparently our town didn’t have a good purchasing strategy as we are paying the price. That talk of increased prices was no joke.My average monthly bill of 200 for gas was $2400. Beat that! Lol For real though I am so sad for some families that have to use food money to pay this.... inexcusable. 

I could pay it, but they are offering 48 month payment plan,  I am waiting out of principle, and I am thinking there will be price gauging legislation. 

That said, got to have a girls afternoon with coffee, pedicures and sushi. She never lets me take pictures with her. But she did tonight!  

Have a happy start in the weekend! 
Leanna and PJ

35F4A901-E78E-471F-972C-E88DC8FE6EDA.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not really sure what the differences are but the last two houses we bought only involved getting pretty approved for a mortgage (1 visit to the bank) putting the offer in and if it was accepted your real este lawyer would handle everything.  Just a few papers to sign at the end and you were done. 

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is a lot simpler here in RI also. I've never even heard of a title company.When I bought my land my lawyer did whatever he had to do in town hall and I got my title. Easy as can be.

Maybe that’s the difference, you both had lawyers involved?

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not really sure what the differences are but the last two houses we bought only involved getting pretty approved for a mortgage (1 visit to the bank) putting the offer in and if it was accepted your real este lawyer would handle everything.  Just a few papers to sign at the end and you were done. 

After I bought my land and was ready to build, I brought my blue prints to my bank and said this is what I want to build and this I how much money I want. I had the mortgage the next day.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are torturing ourselves in Atlantic City again!  They keep stealing our money🤪We are officially started to celebrate our 50th anniversary starting today until the 24th.  Maybe they will give us some of our money back🙏

happy anniversary! 

Hello from Palm Beach at the Gold Coast, weather is warm - however it is overcast today

EC79EC58-CDCE-41EA-A58A-CC2F1E78F95E.jpeg

6F845011-0520-4723-94F1-6962C6E2874A.jpeg

• Like 10

New house issues continued today. Out of nowhere, the glass in our master shower shattered. Tempered glass everywhere. Fortunately, neither my wife nor I was in the room. Made a loud explosion that scared us both. No idea why it happened and why now. Guessing the shower will be out of commission for a few weeks. 
C3FE4344-3D46-41AB-B7F2-DA5471674D42.thumb.jpeg.2125bea45343374d6d2ddb4b7acc0f10.jpeg

5C399A95-22D5-4DAD-8633-D8504761438F.thumb.jpeg.566e1ebfe54a9fa7db7d9609b66735bc.jpeg

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Before picture

You do have a beautiful bathroom! We had that happen in the guest bath shower, that no one ever uses. We were watching TV and heard a loud noise. What a mess it makes! Since it was only a couple of years old, the installer actually replaced it at no cost. :classic_biggrin: That was a pleasant surprise. 

He said that sometimes there is a tiny invisible crack, and with temperature changes, the tempered glass sort of flexes until it finally just goes all at once. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

New house issues continued today. Out of nowhere, the glass in our master shower shattered. Tempered glass everywhere. Fortunately, neither my wife nor I was in the room. Made a loud explosion that scared us both. No idea why it happened and why now. Guessing the shower will be out of commission for a few weeks. 
C3FE4344-3D46-41AB-B7F2-DA5471674D42.thumb.jpeg.2125bea45343374d6d2ddb4b7acc0f10.jpeg

5C399A95-22D5-4DAD-8633-D8504761438F.thumb.jpeg.566e1ebfe54a9fa7db7d9609b66735bc.jpeg

OMG.

Pleased you are both okay and weren't in the shower when that happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did your glass keep popping? It was a very warm day in June, and we had the back yard sliders open. When we went in to the guest bath to investigate the noise, the glass on the floor was still fracturing apart and popping. I don't know anything about tempered glass, but I was surprised that it was so active. :classic_biggrin:

This topic has been around a long time ... 🙂 ... this year has been the 'lost year' for our cruising travel ... we have been in a 'strict' lockdown most of the year meaning only restaurant delivery and virtually no travel, even within our local region ... it appears they will open outside restaurant dining in mid-May and we are 'thinking about' (not planning yet) a cruise in November ... we try not to get too enthusiastic over what the local political or cruise company patter is, since it has changed many times on when things will get 'back to normal' ... 🙂 ... it seems things can be better or worse for others depending on their international location so we wish all happy happy future travels!

Edited by GlobalMethod
  • Like 2

It is currently 52°F and sunny.

It is Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday today so we have been to the cemetery to put flower's on her gran/grandads grave and also on her baby brothers grave who died aged 2 months 62 years ago.

Pauline made some prawn sandwiches and we called at McDonald's drive-thru and got a coffee and hot chocolate.

We are now sitting relaxing looking out to sea.

We will be watching Prince Philips funeral at 3pm today on TV.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210417_103134.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 52°F and sunny.

It is Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday today so we have been to the cemetery to put flower's on her gran/grandads grave and also on her baby brothers grave who died aged 2 months 62 years ago.

Pauline made some prawn sandwiches and we called at McDonald's drive-thru and got a coffee and hot chocolate.

We are now sitting relaxing looking out to sea.

We will be watching Prince Philips funeral at 3pm today on TV.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210417_103134.jpg

We had a nice walk along the promenade.

Screenshot_20210417_111151_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are torturing ourselves in Atlantic City again!  They keep stealing our money🤪We are officially started to celebrate our 50th anniversary starting today until the 24th.  Maybe they will give us some of our money back🙏

Ha ha

I hope that you have fun in the process.  I always say that someone has to have the responsibility of paying the staff.  It is usually me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1