Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good morning. Our furniture arrived yesterday. Guest bedroom is finished. The crate you see in the picture is for when our DD’s baby German Shepard comes to visit. We put her in when we’re not home. She cannot be trusted.  Our other grand puppy rest on the bed and protects her. 
Today finishing dining room. 

Be healthy. 

F8498C38-CFF2-4E34-83A0-487598DE02FE.jpeg

3884772F-8416-4287-A315-3EDBDE313FB6.jpeg

1E454452-0D55-4B94-90F4-E527CFE04DCE.jpeg

40F2B8DD-F32F-4087-A617-3F6BD4FF7FA2.jpeg

• Like 10

OK

Some one made a reference to  "paying in Hydro"  Andrew?

What is that?

Our utilities grouped together for our house in Ohio total a 28 day billing cycle (water, electric and natural gas) $125.  They are separate payments but me and the DH seem to hit that every month.

In the summer we do not pay gas, due to air being on and the electric bill seems to go up and balances out. They usually give us a catch up bill in October.

Stay safe.

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Definitely mushy peas, and I definitely am glad he is eating them and not me.

I very much dislike peas but mushy peas are tolerable for me.  Must be the added cream and butter.  I'll still usually just pick at them rather than eat them.  If only they added bacon...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Golf Cart 😉

I really would like that, but there's nothing else within golf cart distance.  Several people in the neighborhood have one but they belong to the golf club that surrounds our neighborhood.  We belong to a different club.

19 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OK

Some one made a reference to  "paying in Hydro"  Andrew?

What is that?

Our utilities grouped together for our house in Ohio total a 28 day billing cycle (water, electric and natural gas) $125.  They are separate payments but me and the DH seem to hit that every month.

In the summer we do not pay gas, due to air being on and the electric bill seems to go up and balances out. They usually give us a catch up bill in October.

Stay safe.

I think hydro is what they call their electric service in Ontario...probably because it's mostly (all?) hydroelectric generated.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

What a day! It is currently snowing heavily and expected to continue through the night.

We’re scheduled to close on the FL house next Friday and I got a call from our finance guy this morning saying that the title agent has been hard to communicate with and not providing everything he needs. I won’t bore you with everything but it is now 9:30 FL time and we finally just got a text that the documents were sent over. Fingers crossed they can get everything processed tomorrow so we’re cleared to close and the documents can be sent to us. It was a very frustrating day. I am so ready to be done. But then even when the sale is closed we still have to deal with the property mgmt set up. LoL. 

We had a similar experience.  Seems like that's par for the course.  Not sure how the people who work in that business don't go crazy.  I guess it doesn't stress them nearly as much as it does the buyers and sellers.  It will be well worth it when it's over!  ☀️🌊⛱️

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think hydro is what they call their electric service in Ontario...probably because it's mostly (all?) hydroelectric generated.  

Being a former Buffalo resident you get it, Hydroelectricity right from Niagara Falls.  

Our provincial power supply company is called Hydro One, with local ones for cities etc.  Now include wind, solar, natural gas turbines, nuclear to the mix.

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So this is happening right now 😕

We now need to add the 🤮 emoji to the list of responses.  What day were the pavers going down?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

My youngest son is buying his first house. I tried to prep him for underwriting,  but he's overwhelmed. 😉

I have been a mortgage underwriter for 20+ yrs.  And makes a huge difference in the process is to have a good loan officer prepare the borrower and tell them what is needed.  

Same goes with title companies.  There are great ones that know exactly what needs to be done and others that struggle and fight with getting their docs done properly. 

Most of the time the LOs and loan processors struggle with the HOAs and getting what is needed from them.

Then throw into all of that all the federal regulations that have to be met.  Some are just plain stupid and you know the people that wrote the regs never worked hands on in the mortgage biz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. Our furniture arrived yesterday. Guest bedroom is finished. The crate you see in the picture is for when our DD’s baby German Shepard comes to visit. We put her in when we’re not home. She cannot be trusted.  Our other grand puppy rest on the bed and protects her. 
Today finishing dining room. 

Be healthy. 

1E454452-0D55-4B94-90F4-E527CFE04DCE.jpeg

You need a Bella crate😉

20210416_094747.thumb.jpg.53c045a263f88049f6af8566040b72f5.jpg

They come in darker colors

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been a mortgage underwriter for 20+ yrs.  And makes a huge difference in the process is to have a good loan officer prepare the borrower and tell them what is needed.  

Same goes with title companies.  There are great ones that know exactly what needs to be done and others that struggle and fight with getting their docs done properly. 

Most of the time the LOs and loan processors struggle with the HOAs and getting what is needed from them.

Then throw into all of that all the federal regulations that have to be met.  Some are just plain stupid and you know the people that wrote the regs never worked hands on in the mortgage biz.

Actually, it's all the 11th hour crap that's annoying. Never ends 

#cashisking

• Like 3

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

When I get a lot older I'll go back to drinking from the bottle again. Now I've got the song, "Bottle Of Wine" by the Fireballs stuck in my head. Must be HH. 🍷

Something like this?  😉  Oh great...now it's stuck in MY head!!  😵

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually, it's all the 11th hour crap that's annoying. Never ends 

#cashisking

Fully agree.  We did not make our offer contingent on financing and were prepared to pay cash.  I think that's what separated our offer from others.  Less stress on the sellers knowing that they don't need to wait on buyer financing.  Still, we took out a mortgage.  At the current rates, I can earn a lot more by leaving my money invested elsewhere.  I sent everything that my mortgage company requested within 24 hours, and I still got a lot of last minute, seemingly redundant requests for more.  They also gave me the impression that they were doing me a favor, rather than working to satisfy me the customer.

Oh well, all done now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So glad we made the switch to natural gas almost 20 years ago.

We bought Vikki’s parents house that was built in the  early 70’s.  It was all electric including radiant heat.  We  took it down to the 2x4’s and redid it including adding ductwork and a gas furnace.  Our gas and hydro combined for our family including 2 young kids (non stop laundry) and central air vs one window a/c unit was less than what my in-laws were paying in hydro and that was with only 2 of them who spent weekends and summers at their cottage. 

We also switched last year to flat rate pricing as opposed to the time of use that works well for us with being home more during the day. 

I would love natural gas as well.  We had it at our old house, and in fact had a line run out to the big BBQ grill in the pool area so we did not have to haul propane tanks out there (or worry about running out in the middle of a meal 😮 ).    Also came in handy when we lost electric service for two weeks after a hurricane downed the electric lines/poles in our area.  

Out here in "the swamp" however...they never ran gas lines through our area.  We are all electric.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

FDAE498B-3E1D-4A24-8053-07992C3CFAF4.jpeg

Aw man...that is just wrong.  Pictures of snow on the new pool, on the BBQ grill...and now your poor flowers!   Bet they were hoping it was full spring, no more snow as well.  😮 

Hoping you all get to keep and enjoy the spring weather soon!

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1