Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

In my opinion that is the problem. 

Communication. The old elephant game.

And yep, more requests from the Loan Officer today on behalf of the underwriter. Now they are harassing him about his savings account and an $80K cd he opened in March 2020 and added to his savings account in April 2021. 

Not to mention the heartburn over the savings account he used to buy the CD. It was a minors account set up by his mother 15 years ago and was the account he used while in the navy and unable to access Wells Fargo at sea.

I get they want a paper trail, but he explained all this 6 weeks ago. 

There is absolutely no reason for the Underwriter to document the source of funds that were used to open the CD.      They only need to document the source of the large deposit made this month to his savings account by providing proof he liquidated his $80K CD.   Easy peasy.    

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is absolutely no reason for the Underwriter to document the source of funds that were used to open the CD.      They only need to document the source of the large deposit made this month to his savings account by providing proof he liquidated his $80K CD.   Easy peasy.    

No idea, I have the email request

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I very much dislike peas but mushy peas are tolerable for me.  Must be the added cream and butter.  I'll still usually just pick at them rather than eat them.  If only they added bacon...

Mushy peas are dried marrowfat peas which are first soaked overnight in water with sodium bicarbonate, then rinsed in fresh water, after which the peas are gathered in a saucepan, covered with water, and brought to a boil, then simmered until the peas are softened and mushy. The mush is seasoned with salt and pepper. Wikipedia

No need for cream, though I would add 25g butter to this 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today spent 8 hours cleaning waxing furniture. Washing all the Waterford and putting them in curios. Inherited 2 complete sets of China one set is from Germany before the wall went up. Displaying those. Wash and iron new table cloth. Bought wrong size but it is going to do for now.  The dining room is DONE! 
Making stuff peppers, green beans and cucumber- onion salad 

23724A9D-9383-4F75-A810-2699084DA948.jpeg

4F5AF346-1446-430D-A178-AB8E7EDBA420.jpeg

A1F1F062-D854-45C3-958D-6566729A91F1.jpeg

45BCF1E5-8EDF-45DA-B605-5C8EBE52D276.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No idea, I have the email request

It could very well be the LO is interpretting the UW request in error.     There is NO reason or requirement for an UW to request SOF (source of funds) for opening of the CD in 2020.   

Here is what i suggest, have your Son provide the docs to show he liquidated his CD and whatever updated bank print out to show the deposit made to his savings.  And for your Son to write a letter of explanation (signed/dated) that states he opened up the CD in march 2020 by using funds from XX acct and if the UW doesn't accept that then they are NUTS!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today spent 8 hours cleaning waxing furniture. Washing all the Waterford and putting them in curios. Inherited 2 complete sets of China one set is from Germany before the wall went up. Displaying those. Wash and iron new table cloth. Bought wrong size but it is going to do for now.  The dining room is DONE! 
Making stuff peppers, green beans and cucumber- onion salad 

23724A9D-9383-4F75-A810-2699084DA948.jpeg

4F5AF346-1446-430D-A178-AB8E7EDBA420.jpeg

A1F1F062-D854-45C3-958D-6566729A91F1.jpeg

45BCF1E5-8EDF-45DA-B605-5C8EBE52D276.jpeg

Beautiful!    I absolutely love your hardwood floors too!

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It could very well be the LO is interpretting the UW request in error.     There is NO reason or requirement for an UW to request SOF (source of funds) for opening of the CD in 2020.   

Here is what i suggest, have your Son provide the docs to show he liquidated his CD and whatever updated bank print out to show the deposit made to his savings.  And for your Son to write a letter of explanation (signed/dated) that states he opened up the CD in march 2020 by using funds from XX acct and if the UW doesn't accept that then they are NUTS!

quick question.   Was your Son the sole account holder on the CD and the savings acct he transferred the funds into this month?

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

quick question.   Was your Son the sole account holder on the CD and the savings acct he transferred the funds into this month?

Correct on both counts. Mom is still joint on his checking, though. CD funds never went in there.

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Correct on both counts. Mom is still joint on his checking, though. CD funds never went in there.

With Mom being a joint account holder then the UW will need a letter from Mom stating that Son has full 100% access to the funds held in the joint checking account.    

the letter will need to include the bank name, account number and be signed/dated by her.   this is standard procedure whenever another party is on an account but not on the home loan.   

Summary, 

Son document the liquidation of the CD, write his LOX signed/dated stating the source of funds used to open up the CD in March 2020 (this really shouldn't be needed - but do it anyway). 

Then letter from Mom for the joint bank account (above). 

that should satisfy UW. 

anything else strange?

Edited by Sunshine3601

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With Mom being a joint account holder then the UW will need a letter from Mom stating that Son has full 100% access to the funds held in the joint checking account.    

the letter will need to include the bank name, account number and be signed/dated by her.   this is standard procedure whenever another party is on an account but not on the home loan.   

Summary, 

Son document the liquidation of the CD, write his LOX signed/dated stating the source of funds used to open up the CD in March 2020 (this really shouldn't be needed - but do it anyway). 

Then letter from Mom for the joint bank account (above). 

that should satisfy UW. 

anything else strange?

Thanks, will do. 

No idea what else is lingering

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All this talk of the issues in buying a house makes the same process seem so simple up here north of the border.

Yes, I agree. Top that off with it didn’t snow today. 😉

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mean 🤔, that will be the air show pictures tomorrow 

BTW, we’ll be in FL this time next month. May or may not stop in Cocoa Beach.  Recommendation for a place to eat on or overlooking the water?  We’ve been to Fish Lips but just for cocktails.  

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are torturing ourselves in Atlantic City again!  They keep stealing our money🤪We are officially started to celebrate our 50th anniversary starting today until the 24th.  Maybe they will give us some of our money back🙏

Congratulations and Happy 50th Anniversary. 🥂 🍾 💐

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All this talk of the issues in buying a house makes the same process seem so simple up here north of the border.

How do they do it in Canada? Something tells me it’s a silly question, but I’m curious.😀

51 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

That’s the problem. It’s 80 degrees at 9:00pm. I so want some cooler weather.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How do they do it in Canada? Something tells me it’s a silly question, but I’m curious.😀

Not really sure what the differences are but the last two houses we bought only involved getting pretty approved for a mortgage (1 visit to the bank) putting the offer in and if it was accepted your real este lawyer would handle everything.  Just a few papers to sign at the end and you were done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been a mortgage underwriter for 20+ yrs.  And makes a huge difference in the process is to have a good loan officer prepare the borrower and tell them what is needed.  

Same goes with title companies.  There are great ones that know exactly what needs to be done and others that struggle and fight with getting their docs done properly. 

Most of the time the LOs and loan processors struggle with the HOAs and getting what is needed from them.

Then throw into all of that all the federal regulations that have to be met.  Some are just plain stupid and you know the people that wrote the regs never worked hands on in the mortgage biz.

My daughter must have had a good one then.  Other than having to review about 50 pages and provide the usual bank statements, pay stubs and get the hoa docs it all went smoothly.  She was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of forms too.  I reviewed them and just explained that most were just docs to help make an informed decision. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is a lot simpler here in RI also. I've never even heard of a title company.When I bought my land my lawyer did whatever he had to do in town hall and I got my title. Easy as can be.

• Like 1