Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

It has been a few weeks, but getting all caught up. 

@DaniDanielle happy anniversary! 

@singsalot lucky you, moving to Florida. Hope to be there one day

@lioness isn’t new furniture fun??

@A&L_Ont boo to cold showers! 

The only excitement in the past two weeks was the energy bill. I saw talk of water heaters and natural gas. Well .... remember the cold snap? Yes, I turned my heat to 78 thinking it would cost me a few hundred dollars. Money well spent to be cold while working and school was cancelled. Well, apparently our town didn’t have a good purchasing strategy as we are paying the price. That talk of increased prices was no joke.My average monthly bill of 200 for gas was $2400. Beat that! Lol For real though I am so sad for some families that have to use food money to pay this.... inexcusable. 

I could pay it, but they are offering 48 month payment plan,  I am waiting out of principle, and I am thinking there will be price gauging legislation. 

That said, got to have a girls afternoon with coffee, pedicures and sushi. She never lets me take pictures with her. But she did tonight!  

Have a happy start in the weekend! 
Leanna and PJ

35F4A901-E78E-471F-972C-E88DC8FE6EDA.jpeg

$2400  for a month or a year???  Either sounds expensive to me!

Looks as of it is a sunny day out of my window, but I am watching Prince Phillip’s funeral.  

I am using it as a way of getting to see Windsor - which was my planned stop after the cruise that was cancelled last june.  I will get. To see it in real life one day.  

A sad day for the Queen although one has to say that he had a good life.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

New house issues continued today. Out of nowhere, the glass in our master shower shattered. Tempered glass everywhere. Fortunately, neither my wife nor I was in the room. Made a loud explosion that scared us both. No idea why it happened and why now. Guessing the shower will be out of commission for a few weeks. 
C3FE4344-3D46-41AB-B7F2-DA5471674D42.thumb.jpeg.2125bea45343374d6d2ddb4b7acc0f10.jpeg

5C399A95-22D5-4DAD-8633-D8504761438F.thumb.jpeg.566e1ebfe54a9fa7db7d9609b66735bc.jpeg

That’s crazy.  It’s floating at the one end so no pinch points involved if the house were to “settle”. Glad no one was hurt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s crazy.  It’s floating at the one end so no pinch points involved if the house were to “settle”. Glad no one was hurt. 

The one piece appears to be solid and leaning on the wall. It’s amazing it didn’t break when it gave way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today spent 8 hours cleaning waxing furniture. Washing all the Waterford and putting them in curios. Inherited 2 complete sets of China one set is from Germany before the wall went up. Displaying those. Wash and iron new table cloth. Bought wrong size but it is going to do for now.  The dining room is DONE! 
Making stuff peppers, green beans and cucumber- onion salad 

23724A9D-9383-4F75-A810-2699084DA948.jpeg

4F5AF346-1446-430D-A178-AB8E7EDBA420.jpeg

A1F1F062-D854-45C3-958D-6566729A91F1.jpeg

45BCF1E5-8EDF-45DA-B605-5C8EBE52D276.jpeg

Very elegant!  Looks a lot like a classy Bed and Breakfast I would want to visit.  🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mean 🤔, that will be the air show pictures tomorrow 

I don't know about where you are...but bummer with the clouds so thick right now here in the swamp.  Going to be tough viewing the show, if it is like that at the beach.

We heard them practicing yesterday, but couldn't see them.   It's the Titusville air show that really gives us the free show.  I think they use our house as circle point 😉 since they do their turn around right over head.  Low and ROAR!      😮 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

BTW, we’ll be in FL this time next month. May or may not stop in Cocoa Beach.  Recommendation for a place to eat on or overlooking the water?  We’ve been to Fish Lips but just for cocktails.  

We like Grills Tiki bar and restaurant.  It's spitting distance to where the RCI cruise terminal is right on the waterway.  Big freighter in there right now though....no large ladies.  😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

New house issues continued today. Out of nowhere, the glass in our master shower shattered. Tempered glass everywhere. Fortunately, neither my wife nor I was in the room. Made a loud explosion that scared us both. No idea why it happened and why now. Guessing the shower will be out of commission for a few weeks. 
C3FE4344-3D46-41AB-B7F2-DA5471674D42.thumb.jpeg.2125bea45343374d6d2ddb4b7acc0f10.jpeg

5C399A95-22D5-4DAD-8633-D8504761438F.thumb.jpeg.566e1ebfe54a9fa7db7d9609b66735bc.jpeg

Wow...that's awful!  Happy you were not in there indeed.  Looks like you had a very bad installer.  It's tricky with that "floating glass".  Hope you get the installer to make it right for you soon.  😮 

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly my thoughts.  Our installer told us an "open end" like that would need a support pole coming down from the ceiling.  We opted for closed end to avoid that.  

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oh man, that is a mess.  You may be finding pieces of glass for a while.

I was at my daughters house about two months ago, and had a glass fresh from the dishwasher explode in my hand. Thought I had it all cleaned up, but they found pieces 25 foot away, in the dining room. Found pieces in the wine rack, and just last week found a couple more in random locations.  It wasn’t tempered, since it was a drinking glass, so I am glad I didn’t get cut up.

It must have had a crack, and the temperature change was too much. 🤕 

• Like 1

Yesterday we went shopping in the almost empty, depressing mall by our house.  The only store we like there is Bath and Body Works, so we don’t go there often.  The mall is approx 75% empty, and we saw that two more stores

are leaving.  We were going to eat at our favorite sports bar there, but since it was packed, we ended up going to Applebee’s (which we never do, because bleh), but were shocked to find that the food was actually great?  However, our drinks were pretty watered down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I am using it as a way of getting to see Windsor - which was my planned stop after the cruise that was cancelled last june.  I will get. To see it in real life one day.

A few pictures from Windsor from our summer 2019 trip.  The same trip we were in Gibraltar. 

8539E5CA-2DD8-4E76-9F5E-0F2F4E952CA8.thumb.jpeg.108c2b4b1b2d81f66225e000bf98e313.jpeg

Don’t we all wish we could see these normal crowds again?

5140AE9D-C2AD-4BA4-8F70-004A7813E7D8.thumb.jpeg.a7e5d283776177ccba38eac2287ea2ab.jpeg

EDC2C35C-70E7-4ACD-95F8-44A615D3D871.thumb.jpeg.14e710aff610e4b7edba5ec3ca664a75.jpeg

It looks like someone there likes Star Wars

593D8683-8F63-427A-81B8-ED66E15227A1.thumb.jpeg.1c6e5c1da69c560af92f826920c7a3d6.jpeg

FD844DE6-87B5-42CD-BE0D-FFD34831AA32.thumb.jpeg.3337bf0447aadc20fdeed2e5ace517bf.jpeg

I think this is one of the places that I missed the sign that said you aren’t allowed to take pictures inside. 

6CE5FF1E-AD7E-4E59-8382-8BEAD31C546A.thumb.jpeg.b02dfa39c8217bc6967b984db5fb7915.jpeg

St. George’s Chapel

DB81443C-3E10-49EA-8A4B-7C63D5CBCD8F.thumb.jpeg.c95f89e599fde40a69e0bee9ca6f619a.jpeg

DB81443C-3E10-49EA-8A4B-7C63D5CBCD8F.thumb.jpeg.c95f89e599fde40a69e0bee9ca6f619a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Did your glass keep popping? It was a very warm day in June, and we had the back yard sliders open. When we went in to the guest bath to investigate the noise, the glass on the floor was still fracturing apart and popping. I don't know anything about tempered glass, but I was surprised that it was so active. :classic_biggrin:

Yes.  It continued to make a crackling sort of noise until I knocked the remaining part that was still standing to the floor.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Agreed.  There should have been no stress on the glass from the house settling.  Both pieces were open at the top and the smaller piece was open at the sides.  I found that the most common cause of this is stress that builds, sometimes for months/years before breaking, so there was probably a stress there somewhere.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The one piece appears to be solid and leaning on the wall. It’s amazing it didn’t break when it gave way. 

That amazed me also.  The smaller piece was fully intact and leaning against the wall.  There was a small 90 degree bracket mounted at the top of the corner where the 2 glass pieces meet.  The bracket was the only thing touching the side wall, so maybe it prevent the glass itself from hitting the wall and breaking.

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...that's awful!  Happy you were not in there indeed.  Looks like you had a very bad installer.  It's tricky with that "floating glass".  Hope you get the installer to make it right for you soon.  😮 

I don't know who installed it.  I think it was done when the house was built about 4 years ago.  I'll try contacting the builder.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

Last night's dinner.  Asian spiced fresh Ahi Tuna, seared on the grill.  My homemade coconut rice, and some steamed veggies.  Perfectly paired with a red and a white.  😉 

20210415_173226.jpg

Pat, is the bottle hot sauce?  If so what brand and flavor? 

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat, is the bottle hot sauce?  If so what brand and flavor? 

Mmmm...my favorite!    Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce.  Made in Thailand.  😋  Pretty common in grocery stores and yes....even Wally World.  😄 

Just now, davekathy said:

Thanks. I'll be looking for it on my next beer run. 

I love it on seared tuna, any kind of shrimp, add it to my BBQ sauce...and even on....yes...veggie tots!  😄   Bucky likes his Green Dragon Hot sauce for a much bigger kick.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I love it on seared tuna, any kind of shrimp, add it to my BBQ sauce...and even on....yes...veggie tots!  😄   Bucky likes his Green Dragon Hot sauce for a much bigger kick.  

I don't eat fish (shellfish yes, but nothing fresh here) but I can think of other dishes it would be good on. While I'm there I'll also look for Buckys Green Dragon Hot sauce. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

To Graham and Pauline: Such a sad day for the monarchy but a beautiful sunny day for the procession. We have the funeral on 2 local stations and I am glued to the TV.  Wonderful traditions that are followed and I feel for bad for the Queen who has to sit alone for the funeral.  Again I send you my condolences and long live the monarchy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2