Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

All is pretty well here...

We choose not to live in Hurricane Alley (aka Florida and up the coast), and so dealing with the consequences of those locations don't come into play - nor does a "lockdown".

With getting vaccinated early on, and wearing masks, and responsible distancing...any "lockdown" here was short-lived. Most of the folks in our area didn't have to be locked down long either. 

Good choices pay off most often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes Crystal it's kind of frustrating that the technology changes so fast. I have a Hero 3 Black that is basically useless. I'm trying to decide to bring it also on the cruise as a backup. I did some test runs with the 9. The hyper smooth is really nice. No need for a gimbal which makes it really nice.

I bought a DJI Osmo Mobile (v1) a couple of years ago to replace my Hero 4 Black.  Love the smooth video that it creates and it has a few nice features like the massive resolution pano that it can create.  It's not large, but it's not really small, so it's a little bit of a pain to a carry around. The video that it creates must be manually exported to your phone's camera roll, which is also a nuisance.  I'm thinking that the newest Hero (with IS) when I'm next in the market will be the right answer, although the latest foldable Osmo Mobile 4 looks very good.

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Google “Versailles Condo Melbourne Beach condemned”.  Following Hurricane Irma in 2017, the 4 story condo built in 1981 was condemned by Brevard County.   Engineers discovered steel support beams were corroded.  Renovation is still ongoing and owners have faced huge assessments.  There was a lawsuit with the insurance company but I don’t know what the outcome was.  Ugh!

There was an orange one on A1A that was condemned around then

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They're painting our building now, so no balcony for a while. Bella is bummed.

At least the drilling and jackhammer is over for us. 

Yah, I wouldn’t be a fan of that either. 

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, flight check in went smoothly, and at least the flights still say on time. Here is hoping it stays that way tomorrow morning.  But we were good Saturday morning, until that flight was canceled.  Got those good “A” boarding positions again too.  

Meanwhile, our couple of grandkids that live near ghere, got home from their Florida vacation.  Got to see them for a while.  

Our hydrangeas are starting to come out. 

CA7763BB-92AD-4C34-A9F6-C00D45ECEF44.thumb.jpeg.1cd48e435410d1df86a54fe92c89062d.jpeg

B766F807-14BE-42D5-AE81-814A40CB27B9.thumb.jpeg.f31e501c9b0b6ddc8c294ce68077013c.jpeg

And, the robins swooped in to build another nest at our house.  So we went from this, 3 days ago…

FEB56816-0A89-4BAE-8FF3-B39E8FE27F43.thumb.jpeg.df5334accdcedc971f10e5db34ff1520.jpeg

to this today!

99D122D1-985E-4FAF-9C42-8942448296DF.thumb.jpeg.8ad3aa726ec3353a8a6d5d0b864cba05.jpeg

I love hydrangeas.  I have a huge bush by my kitchen door and for some reason, this year I have both pink and blue flowers on the same plant.  That's never happened before - always been pink.

• Like 2

Is there a way to search for posts or keywords in a post?  Or a way to go to specific pages in the thread?  DH is talking about getting a new sound bar and I know folks here were talking about sound bars, enhancements, etc a few days ago. I’m just wondering if there’s some shortcut to finding those lists without going back page by page.  

Not a direct answer to your question, but I was one of the people talking about soundbars.  My post was number 20,910 on page 837.  You should be able to page forward and backward around that point.  Happy to answer any questions.

Edit: You can go directly to page 837 by clicking on the "page 864 of 864" drop down at the bottom of the page and then enter 837.

Edit2: Or just click on this link.  😁

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

On our way to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan for annual transplant checkup.  Such a hot day to go😷Hope we get home before the real heat sets in.

I hope all goes well.   Stay cool!

Humidity is at the shore too.  I dont mind it being hot but hate humidity when it's in the 90% range.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

On our way to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan for annual transplant checkup.  Such a hot day to go😷Hope we get home before the real heat sets in.

Best wishes, Charlie and Marietta.

100F + humidity here....... h h h ooo t 😢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I bought a DJI Osmo Mobile (v1) a couple of years ago to replace my Hero 4 Black.   

I'm thinking that the newest Hero (with IS) when I'm next in the market will be the right answer, although the latest foldable Osmo Mobile 4 looks very good.

I bought that for my son and his Go Pro. It's a great device but I think with the new Hero 9 it isn't really needed. I did some test runs going up and down the stairs and the 9 was really smooth. I really want to document my cruises without hauling a lot of gear around. I plan on shooting most of pictures and videos on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and use the Go Pro Hero 9 for stabilization shots and timelapses. Bob I think you will really like the Hero 9.

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Since I have a sewing machine & some skills, I’ve also many times bought something too big and done a nip/tuck to make it fit.

Lucky you for having those skills.

My late mom had those skills too, and I was used to buying and having someone [free of charge 😉] to nip, adapt and tuck.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not a direct answer to your question, but I was one of the people talking about soundbars.  My post was number 20,910 on page 837.  You should be able to page forward and backward around that point.  Happy to answer any questions.

Edit: You can go directly to page 837 by clicking on the "page 864 of 864" drop down at the bottom of the page and then enter 837.

Edit2: Or just click on this link.  😁

Found it, thank you! Great information, I may have questions after I relay this to DH.

On 6/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, Coralc said:

Forever 21? I've never found anything there. Younger styles for smaller people. I used to really like Loehman's.  :classic_biggrin: Century 21 is a real estate company. :classic_biggrin:

Century 21, is an outlet store in NY City.  We visited one near the 911 memorial in 2016. My wife liked it.  I know like all of those stores, you really have to be willing to look at a lot of crap to find something nice.  

It is, also, a real estate company.  Wonder why whichever came first hasn’t sued the other?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Best of luck for a wonderful checkup!

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That is concerning. I had no idea on the effect on sea salt in the air on concrete and rebar.

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That is concerning. I had no idea on the effect on sea salt in the air on concrete and rebar.

Same problem occurs on bridges even in brackish water. Our river is brackish, salt and fresh water. 
One of our interstate bridges had supports blowing up from internal decay…rusted out rebar. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were at a large party many years ago and about 30 people got a group picture taken, they all had transplants our friend who had a heart transplant outlived her husband by many years. 

• Like 3