It is late here in Naperville but I have a wish

Himself

Our local fire department loaded the Easter Bunny on the top of a fire truck and drove that truck and an ambulance to the homes of children throughout the town and left baskets of goodies. All with social and physical distancing.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Our local fire department loaded the Easter Bunny on the top of a fire truck and drove that truck and an ambulance to the homes of children throughout the town and left baskets of goodies. All with social and physical distancing.

What a wonderful thing for your fire department to do.  We have 2 volunteer fire departments and they are hurting for money to help anyone.  They used to have an Easter party for the children.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessed Easter to you Father, and to all who celebrate Easter, He has risen indeed!

Joy

ALLELUA!

• Like 5

A Blessed Easter to you and all Father!!

We Orthodox are just starting our Holy Week journey today and it is hard not being in church on Palm Sunday. But the Pascha of the Lord comes even in hard times. And while it is not the same I am so thankful to be able to watch our services online. I never realized what a blessing it is. One wonderful boon from this is now our church will be offering online services permanently for our homebound folks. 😊

• Like 3

Blessed Easter to you Father and all who celebrate. I have fond memories of sunrise service in Honolulu up in the crows nest. We had overnighted there and had gotten permission to use the crows nest that morning. We had no official clergy on board but several in our meet and greet were pastors of small churches. Singing the old songs brought tears to my eyes as the sun rose over the city. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Wishing you a Blessed Easter as well, Father.  He is risen!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I will have Smooth Sailing when I get back on a ship.  Right now that is kind of difficult.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Blessed Easter to you Father and all who celebrate. I have fond memories of sunrise service in Honolulu up in the crows nest. We had overnighted there and had gotten permission to use the crows nest that morning. We had no official clergy on board but several in our meet and greet were pastors of small churches. Singing the old songs brought tears to my eyes as the sun rose over the city. 

What a beautiful memory! It gives me chills. A sunrise service from the Crow's Nest! Thanks for sharing.

Your story makes me think of once when a non-Quaker attended a gathering of the Friends, he was heard to observe, "Oh, you've done away with the clergy," and the lady he was speaking with responded, "No, we've done away with the laity." 

As wonderful as that perspective is, . . . for myself, I am ever grateful to HAL for not eliminating the Catholic clergy; priests like Father Himself (long may his tribe increase!)  offer an inestimable service to the passengers and crew (and not just the Catholic ones).

• Like 1

Thank you, Father. We had a virtual Easter Mass online earlier, and I am also looking forward to listening to Andrea Bocelli in Milan's Duomo in 15 minutes!  

Happy Easter and Passover, Happy Spring to all!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

Happy Easter to you Father and Happy Easter & Passover to all our CC friends 🙂 

@Vict0riann, it sounds like we will be watching Bocelli together - virtually.  Lots of physical distance between where you and we are 😉 

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Happy Easter to you Father and Happy Easter & Passover to all our CC friends 🙂 

@Vict0riann, it sounds like we will be watching Bocelli together - virtually.  Lots of physical distance between where you and we are 😉 

That will be very nice!

Over a million people with us!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

Happy Easter and Passover to all my CC family, 

It’s been a surreal time watching the Easter Dawn service live-streamed instead of being there in person . 
Also, it’s been a sad week as I had to put 1 of my kitties to sleep on Friday. Charmer was 12 years old and lived up to her name. 
The vet said it was a mass in her lung and she was suffering and wouldn’t survive treatment, we were able to be with her and hold her at the end.

I also remembered a Sunrise service at sea aboard the old Rotterdam. It was held outback on the Lido deck, 

Blessings to all, till we can be together again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Happy Easter and Passover to all my CC family, 

It’s been a surreal time watching the Easter Dawn service live-streamed instead of being there in person . 
Also, it’s been a sad week as I had to put 1 of my kitties to sleep on Friday. Charmer was 12 years old and lived up to her name. 
The vet said it was a mass in her lung and she was suffering and wouldn’t survive treatment, we were able to be with her and hold her at the end.

I also remembered a Sunrise service at sea aboard the old Rotterdam. It was held outback on the Lido deck, 

Blessings to all, till we can be together again.

I'm so sorry. Hugs!! Charmer, what a lovely name for a cat.

Our cat tribe is getting older so I understand.

I wonder if this pandemic at this time of the year for North America is an analogy to the events thousands of years ago that are now known as Good Friday and Easter.

That first "Good" Friday was dark, gloomy, despair, hope was lost, evil had "won" the day.

That first Easter Goodness returned, evil was defeated, and the promise of better days ahead existed.  

Our "Friday that hasn't been very good so far" has lasted weeks.  May last for more weeks, months.  I think there still exists the promise of an "Easter morning" when Goodness will again defeat the evil that we are experiencing.

A Blessed Easter for those who observe this day!  For my Jewish friends, this Passover must be as meaningful for you as it may have been in your lifetime.  

• Like 3

A blessed Easter and Passover to all.

Two years ago aboard the Koningsdam we attended, in the World Stage, Easter service.  It had a volunteer clergy person who turned out to be a distant neighbor of ours here in St Petersburg.  Today we watched online our church service.  Prayers for those suffering the effects of Covid 19, whether it be illness, employment loss, or depression.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I am so sorry for your loss. Letting them go is the last act of love we can give our furbabies, while being one of the hardest things we will ever do. 

Mass today was broadcast from the Cathedral, celebrated by the Bishop to row after row of empty pews. It was not the same as being there, but was so nice to be able to have it. 
(It was also kind of fun to 'go to church' in my bathrobe for once in my life.)

• Like 3