coco cay

No need to pay for the waterslide or the beach club if you just want a simple beach or pool day.  Lots of free lounge chairs with umbrellas at both.  Food is decent...better than Labadee...and no additional cost.  Drinks are also included if you have a drink package.

• Like 1

Plenty of space to just lay around without going for the extra cost items.  There are a number (20?) of shops (little huts) run by locals.  There's a good cafeteria type restaurant too

Was there the beginning of Feb.  Even with two ships in port, it was not that crowded.  Plenty of room.

Did the wave runner, then after lunch hung out at the swim up bar.  Water was a bit cold, so I had to use alcohol to keep warm. 😄

We just grab a lounger/umbrella at Chill Beach and relax for the day.  We have the package, and lunch is included as are the loungers/umbrellas, so we basically don't spend a dime out there except for extra tips for the bar staff. We don't see the need to pay  for day beds or cabanas.  Pool area is also included, so you can basically do nothing if you want.   You can spend a much or as little as you want there. 

We love CocoCay, so pretty out there.  Been there more times than I can count and we never get tired of it.

I was skeptical of the changes made on the island, but they've done a very good job. I was there with Grandeur and Anthem in port. I spent most of the day at a lagoon swimming area. Nicely arranged and chairs with umbrellas were easily found. I could see many openings at the beach on the ocean, also. Interesting walking around to look at the different areas. As previously mentioned, the food was way better than Labadee or even the Carnival privates like Half Moon Cay. Many choices and shorter lines. It was a great day; I felt no need to pay for any extras.

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

I too was skeptical of the new Coco Cay.  Thought it would be too “Disneyfied” and lose the charm of a tropical beach.  Not so.  I love it.  In the past I stayed on the ship when in Coco Cay.  No more.  Love the lunches.  Don’t know what they did with the flies but they are not near the food anymore.  😁

42 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I too was skeptical of the new Coco Cay.  Thought it would be too “Disneyfied” and lose the charm of a tropical beach.  Not so.  I love it.  In the past I stayed on the ship when in Coco Cay.  No more.  Love the lunches.  Don’t know what they did with the flies but they are not near the food anymore.  😁

Then whatever they did, they should do the same thing at Labadee.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chloe kitty said:

We haven't been to CocoCay yet.  If you aren't interested in the waterslide park, what is there to do?  if the beach club worth it?  Is there plenty of space around the island to just sit out?

Thank you.

I too, was very skeptical.  We went to CocoCay the opening week.  We are 2 retired adults, not interested in the water park.  We enjoyed a wonderful outdoor buffet.  Hats off to RC for putting free, umbrellas on the lounge chairs.  We enjoyed the pool, which is set up nicely.  But we really enjoyed going into the ocean.  It is "coved" so you don't have to worry about huge waves knocking you over.  Those who snorkeled saw many fish just a few feet from shore.  I would highly recommend you give this a try!

Beautiful island with lots of fun in the sun activities.  You can do hot air balloon. Rent jet skis  get your hair braided of course there are locals set up with huts to sell souvenirs. Food and drinks at several spots. Go to the salt water pool. Rent a float and do nothing day.  Play volleyball   lay on a hammock under a palm tree.  Great day to enjoy whatever you like to do.

We were on the Grandeur on its first call at Coco Cay.  RCCL has done an excellent job on the island.  Much better now that there is a dock.  And the pool is great.  Only problem we saw was the very aggressive birds around the food area.  Don't leave you plate unattended because the birds will help themselves before you get back to sit down. 

On 4/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, island lady said:

Theme park score one

Mother Nature zero.  

7 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

...Don't leave you plate unattended because the birds will help themselves before you get back to sit down. 

Sounds like the birds didn’t get the “Mother Nature zero” memo....

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, they have "Beach chickens".....really exotic natural birds.  😉 🐔🐓

Actually exotic applies to species that are not indigenous, so anything that is exotic by definition is not put there by Mother Nature but has been imported. Seagulls, for better or worse (and they can be annoying), are bequeathed to Coco Cay by Mother Nature. 

• Like 2